Silent Hill 8 debut trailer

http://scrawlfx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Silent-Hill-8-Debut-Trailer.jpg

After months of waiting and an official announcement at E3, the debut trailer for Silent Hill 8, first shown at Konami’s E3 press conference, has been released in 720p high-definition.

It’s in development at Vatra Games, a brand new studio based in the Czech Republic. The game centers around a prisoner named Murphy Pendleton, who escapes from his prison bus after it crashes near Silent Hill. The game promises “an all-new storyline and unique evolutions in gameplay.”

Check out the debut trailer below.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ipvCJCWCQ4]YouTube - Silent Hill 8 - E3 2010 Debut Trailer[/ame]

• 1 month later...

Am i the only one who thought that the music at about 1:45 was going to morph into Hotel California? Yeah, i know, i probably was;). I don't know what to think about this; the series has been so hit and miss over the years...I finally got fed up with (what i thought) were the unplayable controls in RE 5, to the point of deciding that if i can't move and shoot in the next RE game i won't be playing it. And that's kind of how i feel about Silent Hill: i would welcome an evolution in the mechanics before anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

I think homecoming was average, the one thing a liked about homecoming was you played as a war veteran who says things like "I got discharged to the hospital... but I'm better now", making you wonder what sort of state His mind is in.

Clearly James from Silent Hill 2 had a few issues as well.

I hope this new guy has some similar mental defects as well, as it adds to the mindset of the game, I think.

I'm liking the look of the game so far

• 3 months later...