Fishing Rod: Why it doesn't appear?

Well exactly that the fishing rod, needed to complete Homeless Side Quest doesn't appear where it should (in the spillway near to the bridge).

I'm playing on Dif:Normal / Puzzle: Normal

I also checked on the spots for easy and hard and nothing there either.

Can anyone give me some help?

• 9 months later...

I had problems with this, you will need to start a new game and as soon as u can access that area the rod is in go there srtiaght dont collect the other items for the homeless man go for the rod 1st.locations..

6: Fishing Rod (Easy)

7: Fishing Rod (Normal)

8: Fishing Rod (Hard)

The fishing rod is in Pleasant River. From the intersection of Rice and King St, go left towards the docks. The fishing rod will be in a different location based on puzzle level:

Easy: Fishing Rod is towards the center of the docks, close to the water

Normal: Fishing Pole is in the south part of the docks, close to the Pleasant River underground entrance, near where the ladder to go down is, by the spillway. (climb down the ladder from Pleasant River and explore nearby and you will see it!)

Hard: Rod is on a boardwalk towards the east of the docks.

Return to the homeless man. He unlocks the last part of the underground for you, so you can travel around Silent Hill faster and with less risk.

• 5 months later...

I can confirm that the Fishing Rod won't appear if you set the Puzzle difficulty to Normal, in the beginning or before "the boat" (to avoid spoilers). It's something that you have to take into account. Don't know why it was patched on 360 but not in the PS3 version (PS I have a PAL copy of the game).

• 1 month later...
I can confirm that the Fishing Rod won't appear if you set the Puzzle difficulty to Normal, in the beginning or before "the boat" (to avoid spoilers). It's something that you have to take into account. Don't know why it was patched on 360 but not in the PS3 version (PS I have a PAL copy of the game).

Just did this yesterday, My setting was Easy Game/Normal Puzzle and this was my first playthrough

1. Gave the food to the beggar

2. Picked up the coat but did not give it to him yet

3. Fishing rod was where it was supposed to be

Maybe this glitch occurs if you give the beggar the coat before finding the rod. Not sure

• 3 years later...

Just a heads up, considering the last post it's pretty old, this glitch it's still in the game. During my first run (normal/normal) and while trying everything i've found on various post (reloading earlier saves, different order of items pickups, etc) still glitched (no rod anywhere), luckily during the second run all was ok but during my last run (hard/hard) i was trying some useful sidequest, and i noticed that while the rod spawned, Homer(the quest giver) did not.