EASY Pinata Party Trophy! (10 Weeping Bats)

DIEDFORYOU

I recently had to start one last play through because I never focused on killing these guys. So of course I read all through forums looking for a quick shortcut but didn't find anything. I knew of a few Weeping Bat locations but the one that really stuck in my mind was the one that stands in the alley outside of the art gallery. Below is my discovery

So here is something you can do to get the trophy in about 15 minutes from a new game or from a save near the art gallery.

1. Start a new game (or skip to step 7.)

2. Rush through the intro / Devil's Pitstop

3. Get the ticket for the ride to the Caves

4. Kill the Weeping Bats in the caverns.

5. Ride the coaster, etc etc

6. Once you're free to explore the town run to the house that has the fire escape ladder, climb it, through the house and cross to the other side of town.

7. Run to the alley with the single Weeping Bat but don't kill him yet. You have to enter the art gallery door to let the game save first!

8. Enter the door leading to the Art Gallery paintings that you arrange on the table. The game will autosave.

9. Exit the same door, the game will autosave again, kill the Weeping Bat. It doesn't really matter that it's saving.. just kill it quickly.

10. Enter the door, wait for it to autosave.

11. Pause - Re-load this autosave.

12. Exit the door, there will be another Weeping Bat.

13. Repeat step 9.

This is how I rushed the Weeping Bat trophy in under 30 mins. :dance:

You don't have to delete your game data, the trophy is not glitched.

15-30 minutes from a new game through Dungeon 1 and to the upper part of the city?

And it is not glitched anyway. People just mistake instant kills with finishing blows.

Yes, simply rush through the beginning of the game, only stop to incap/kill Weeping Bats. I suggest playing on easy and using the red fire axe, 3 weak attacks should knock them down, then go for the kill. Run straight to the art gallery, enter, save, exit, kill, enter, save, load, exit, kill, repeat :)

People keep overkilling from their standing position. Gotta knock them down with weak attacks, then destroy them while they're down.

Edited by DIEDFORYOU

Since the intro itself is around 15mins. I sort of don't count that.

Once the bus crashes, it's about 15-30 mins. Which is really just...

•Run to the cliff, cop falls

•Devils Pitstop -> kitchen.

•Run from the void, turn the photos/maze

•Get the ticket from the game

•Enter the caves -> dynamite switch

•Ride the train and you're free to leave.

It's quick if you're in the zone :)

Edited by DIEDFORYOU

First, thank you for the tip. I used it during my hard run right now and got the trophy. Those crapbags seriously are hard in this mode.

Second, somehow even the Instant kills which are not counted as a kill in the statistics and for Good Behavior do count for such trophies. I have experienced it myself now. So it actually is weird if someone did not get the trophy. Instant kills count as incapativated only but that is also enough for these guys.

Third, intro or not, the actions themselves take more time. And there is a difference between 15 and 30 minutes. I tell you nobody will be there in 15 minutes, you underestimate how much time some ways and actions/scenes need. And all scenes after the opening count - at least for the statistics, well and of course in real life as well, even if you only "count the time you needed to get from spot a to b" there still is all the time you need to spend for everything else. Actually some part of the opening also counts. I guess it starts with with the bus scene when they are driving on the road. But even without all those scenes, 15 minutes? No. I say maybe 25 minutes. Like you said, under 30 minutes. But not 15 minutes. Except you don't even mean your last 30 minutes line about the run but only about all the Weeping Bats themselves.

Edited by Cetra

Yeah you're right, there are still some cut scenes, several boarded up doors / paths you have to chop open and a few keys to collect before you make it to the actual town.

I was anxious to write this guide as soon as I discovered this method so I appologize, my judgement was off a bit. :sorry:

• 4 weeks later...

Nice tip. Thanks.

I unfortunately missed this one on my initial run and I'm saving my no kills playthrough for last, so I had to attempt this one on Hard. They are a serious pain on Hard and a good chunk of confrontations with them include a few stray screamers, so this was a lifesaver.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Guys,

Just got the Pinata Party Trophy. To make it happen, you need to do it in order...

A) Delete ALL save datas and the game itself. Then re-install it from scratch.

B) Some Weeping bats might be buggy not helping you out with your Pinata Party Trophy, but I can confirm their countings at some places in total of 10, which are:

1) The first is the one you firstly encounter.

2) The second is just in the same mine, a bit later after the JP cinematic.

3) The 3rd is guarding the TNT detonator.

4) The 4th is guarding the exit, just after you detonated the explosives, preventing you going on further.

5) The 5th is outside of Art Collector's office.

6 and 7) Those two are about to ambush you in the Cendennial Building's garage.

8) In St. Maria's Monastery, when you solve the Hansel and Grettel puzzle, you'll encounter on your way to this Witch's house one Weeping bat.

9) Just when you get the final fragment of this Bogeyman poem and you want to return to this boy. Go there. When you get out to the garden, you'll encounter a Weeping Bat ambushing you.

10) The one under the roadbridge on your way to the port. <--- This is no longer respawnable, as I think when deleting and re-installing the game fixed this.

That's all. BUT... You have to check the Statistics in the in-game menu to see if it counts every time. NEVER shot them, while they're at the ceiling crawling like spiders. Wait for them to set their foots on the ground, then attack them with a melee weapon(forget the pistol and the shotgun).

That's all to help you guys out to solve this ridiculously buggy trophy.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NOTE: This glitch will absolutely not work if you have picked up any of the paintings, i suggest you do this on a run that you do not need the paintings at all. Also for clarity i did not have the healing trinket or the candy bar.

I want to clear this up at least for Australians, From step 7, ill repeat step 7:

7)Enter the art gallery without killing the weeping bat, let him be close to the door how ever

8) Go down stairs and receive the quest and the click on the Table and move a painting and exit the table (it may or may not save doesn't matter)

9) Go outside and kill him as fast as you can

10) Re-enter the art gallery and then when saved re-load this save point.

11) Once reloaded go outside and kill the new weeping bat and re-enter the art gallery and re-load the save.

NOTE: if at any point you go outside and the weeping bat is not their re-load your save, the one from inside the gallery and redo all steps from step 8

Edited by mort_hbeb9786

• 3 months later...

I can confirm this glitch works with the latest update & with paintings found!!! I followed the original post: enter, save, exit, kill, enter(doesn't matter if you enter while it's saving or shortly after the "saving" icon disappears), save, load, exit, kill, repeat :) Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
That is no glitch.

How is this NOT a glitch? You kill something, save, load & go back & the enemy is there again & it counts as another kill each consecutive time you repeat it. Usually if you kill something, save & load, the enemy isn't there as you already killed it. Maybe it's not a glitch.... I'm just having a hard time figuring out how it's not...

Edited by darthvyper

• 2 weeks later...
How is this NOT a glitch? You kill something, save, load & go back & the enemy is there again & it counts as another kill each consecutive time you repeat it. Usually if you kill something, save & load, the enemy isn't there as you already killed it. Maybe it's not a glitch.... I'm just having a hard time figuring out how it's not...

A glitch is something not intended, an error. This here has nothing to do with an error. It is just making use of the system the way it is and concerning glitches, much of the battle stuff is glitched, even if someone is not a fan of glitches, such as me for example, so it is hard to figure out what is intended and what not anyway.

Edited by Cetra

• 6 years later...