I'm stuck at 97%! Can't acquire the Pinata Party

leigh

HELP! :( My last trophy, incapacitating Weeping Bats, is impossible to get. I've tried again and again. Incapacitating/Killing 10 to 12 of them before proceeding to the Prison Chapter. But it seems, the game does not count them at all.

Weeping Bats are limited in number as far as I know.

Well, do you guys know of any spot in the map where they appear more often?

I'm playing now on Easy coz I'm having a harder time to defeat the bats on normal and hard.

When you head to last part before getting on the boat, you will have to head down some stairs (just north of the monastery) to get to a lower level of a street. To proceed you have to go east down this street. However, if you go west, you will go under the overpass of the street you were on before heading down. At this place will be anywhere from 2-5 weeping bats - depending on if its raining or not. They will rspawn here, as well.

Lemme know if you understand where Im saying. Good luck

ok, I will try that.

I think I remember that one with the van containing the painting. I saw 1 bat before on HARD mode. But never on Easy. Rain or Shine. I'm gonna try again.

Im at the centennial bldg now. 7 Kills. All Weeping Bats. The 8th bat at the library can't be killed. It does not add up. I tried so many times hitting til he's down. Then while down, the normal 3 hits to kill it. Does Not count as a Kill. So I guess I have to move on and pray that the bat at the theater will be my 8th.

That's odd the trophy isn't popping for you if your sure you have killed them. I have noticed that some of the trophies in this game seem bugged not totally in a bad way. I played on Easy Difficulty/Hard Puzzle and fought every monster I saw. As I was going in an apartment you gotta use the Hook weapon for I got the trophy for running from 20 monsters although I've never ran from a single one. I also got the Stay of Execution after only about incapacitating 8 monsters. I don't know if you are doing any of the sidequests but I know the Art Collector one has a Weeping Bat as does the one with the human heart don't remember the name of it. I think I only fought about 14 bats the entire game not that I went actively searching for them.

Edited by Sidar80

UPDATE:

12th,13th kill in monastery chapter. No trophy.

I've searched back to the underpass for like 4 hrs roaming and going back. And it seems there was only 1, which was my 8th kill.

:think:Tracing back, I think If I didn't kill the 8th and just incapacitate it. And return, then I can pin it down again. If I did, I might get it to return. Hayzzz....But making sure of the statistics...I made sure I killed it.

So...its hopeless.

Now, trying Skakid's advice. I deleted all my save files. And starting a new game.

If this does not work, I will try to delete the INSTALL DATA too.

Hayzzz....please ghad...:bow::bow::bow:give me the pinata party.

This trophy really pisses me off, I've just had to start a new game to just get this one trophy!! Ugh!

Apart from the 3 that appear in the mine, and the 2 in the monastery, NONE appeared anywhere else in the game! I kept going to the overpass and there wouldn't be any there. EVER.

This trophy really pisses me off, I've just had to start a new game to just get this one trophy!! Ugh!

Apart from the 3 that appear in the mine, and the 2 in the monastery, NONE appeared anywhere else in the game! I kept going to the overpass and there wouldn't be any there. EVER.

here's my weepbat tally:

4- devil's pit, mines

1-in front of the store /painting sidequest

2-centennial bldg. parking

1-centennial bldg. library

1-under the overpass

3-dead mans hand sidequest

1-st.maria's/after the theater transforms

1-st.maria's/right after opening the locked door after you get the 3rd pc of the poem

14-total on all modes that ive played.

One thing I noticed about the game is that it sometimes doesn't count enemy kills if the enemy isn't killed while it is twitching on the ground.

I just kept killing the weeping bats under the overpass until I finally got it.

lucky you. there must have been some sort of condition to make them re appear on that overpass. ive played the game on all modes, never did i see more than 1 weepbat there.

Played again on normal difficulty, managed to get:

3- devil's pit (the first one I killed wasn't counted, as I didn't kill him while it was twitching on the ground)

1-in front of art collector sidequest

2-centennial bldg. parking

1-under the overpass

2-dead man's hand quest (again, killed it while it was on the ceiling so didn't count it)

1-under the overpass (thankfully respawned)

Got the trophy and the platinum :D

Always keep looking at the stats to keep count and load previous save if it's not counted.

Edited by wheatley

First time poster, come to commiserate about the Pinata Party glitch

I can confirm that this trophy is indeed glitched. I have played through the game twice now, both times killing more than the required amount of Weeping Bats, but this is the only trophy that has not unlocked for me that should have.

I will be loading my save file to finish Digging Up The Past and unlocking the only remaining trophies I am missing aside from Pinana Party, but alas it seems that, once I have done so, I will be forced to delete all data for Downpour and start from a new Install to conquer the Pinata Party glitch.

Is anyone else out there encountering this issue?

@Lord_Malachite, the game does have a few issues. I suffered from not enough Weeping Bats showing during the game.

The best thing to do when going for the trophy is to keep looking at the stats, make sure you are killing Weeping Bats when they are lying on the ground twitching. If you kill them while they are hanging from the ceiling, the kill won't be counted.

Thanks for the tip. I have been forced into a 3rd playthrough to unlock Pinata Party, Useless Trinkets, and Ending E trophies. I am steamrolling through on Easy/Easy and making at effort not to kill any enemy that isn't a Weeping Bat. This way, I can keep active track and make certain my kills have counted. I have all 4 from Devils Pit and will endeavor to get the remaining ones in a similar manner. Hopefully the trophy gods will be kind to me and let the Platinum fall to me after this runthrough as I have unlocked everything else!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I can confirm it. The Weeping Bat in the Cennenial Building on your way to collect a mystery is indeed bugged. It doesn't count the finishing kill.

The Weeping Bat under the roadbridge is my 8th kill, too, however, when I tried to find that very same Weeping Bat for the respawn, I no longer see that Weeping Bat over there. OMW to check the Dead Man's Quest Weeping Bat.

I also deleted EVERYTHING regarding the game and its save datas and now I'm doing it from scratch before going for the hard part(combination of hard lvl and puzzle, and of Good Samaritan). Hope it works fine, like the dude above did.

Way to fuck the game, Vatra. Bravo. You're worse than Bethesda.