You can get Endings A-D in one playthrough (Spoilers)

bobboblaw

I was able to do this without realising, not sure if its already been brought up. The first 2 choices (involving Cunningham and JP Sater), I did the 'good' choices, and continued playing the game like normal. In the final fight, I killed all the juggernauts, then spared Cunningham and got Ending B. I then reloaded my save to see the other ending available (assuming it'd be D), but went straight to killing Cunningham (ignoring juggernauts), and got Ending C. So I thought I must've been very close to the 'moral cut-off' regarding enemies killed, so checked my statistics for that save, and it was sitting at 73 enemies killed, so I'm assuming 75 is the limit between good and bad. I then went back and did the reverse (went straight to killing her, without killing juggers, therefore staying below 75 and got Ending A, then killed all juggers before killing her, getting Ending D), so got the 4 ending trophies in the one playthrough, making it possible to plat the game in just 2 runs.

TLDR; Pick both good choices at the beginning, and don't kill more than 75 enemies, but more then 70 (as there's only 6 Juggernauts in the final room) before the final fight to get 4 different endings in the 1 playthrough.

I completely fluked it, and it'd probably be pretty tough to make sure you're between 70-75 enemies killed by the end, but I can confirm it's possible.

Edited by bobboblaw

I don't know what's up with the counters in the game. They seem very glitched. I'm playing on Easy for my first runthrough, and half the time I use a First Aid Kit, it doesn't count in the stats, and when I accidentally kill an enemy (Screamers later on in the game for some reason are even prone to dying by your fists alone), half the time, it doesn't count.

I killed 73 enemies pre-Anne, ignored the Juggernauts, spared her, got A. (Tried to save Anne and JP at the beginning)

Tried again, killed all the juggernauts she sent after me, got A again.

Obviously the "negative karma minimum" is a little higher than what we think it is, because I did it the same exact way you described and couldn't duplicate it. Had to go back and kill all the enemies in the Wheelman room to make bad karma.

Edited by BBoy2020

• 2 months later...

I managed to swing the same thing on my first playthrough. My kill count in statistics was 41 but I've got the achievement for every monster type except weeping bats, so I must have incapacitated a handful as well (but less than the 20 needed for the achievement). Either my counters screwed up or some enemies got counted by the trophies and not the save file on account of me getting all sorts of dead. So yeah, those are my numbers if they help anyone.

• 8 months later...

Good timing there! Just finished the game with endings A and C, came upon this thread and gave it a shot... And it worked :)

On my walkthrough, I did all good choices, and got the above endings. I had 46 kills at the final boss. (Not sure why little kills, never came across many enemies during my game).

So, I loaded a previous save file which was at the boss fight again. This time, I killed more enemies as they kept spawning. Got to around 62, then with the Cunningham fight, I killed the enemies reaching my count to 74. Killed/spared Cunningham, and got endings D and C. :think:

• 1 month later...
Good timing there! Just finished the game with endings A and C, came upon this thread and gave it a shot... And it worked :)

On my walkthrough, I did all good choices, and got the above endings. I had 46 kills at the final boss. (Not sure why little kills, never came across many enemies during my game).

So, I loaded a previous save file which was at the boss fight again. This time, I killed more enemies as they kept spawning. Got to around 62, then with the Cunningham fight, I killed the enemies reaching my count to 74. Killed/spared Cunningham, and got endings D and C. :think:

Good stuff good stuff. I just got the game from Gamefly and I will give this a try to confirm, this would help shave a decent amount of time off the plat I am assuming if people don't have to do a full third play-through.

The kill karma doesn't work for me, I spend about 4 hours today trying different combinations. I picked all good decisions and had 71 kills when I finished the game, got A and C endings. Then I farmed the wheelchair until I had 90+ kills before the end, still didn't give me enough negative karma to get the B/D endings. So there is either more to it or some people got really lucky because just getting those kills isn't enough.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to share my experience of this. As the OP mentioned I also believe you can gain A-D endings in one playthrough if your moral is positive enough. Here are my findings.

I played the game on easy difficulty/easy puzzles, tried to save Cunningham and console JP when given the options. Along the way I did all the combat related trophies to get them out the way and also all side quests and collectibles (not that this is necessary for the endings) i just wanted to do as much as I could in first playthrough.

Ok once I reached the Cunningham section at the end of the game my kill count was 69 monsters killed. I was still short a few Juggernauts so killed 3 and the trophy popped so I then spared Cunningham and got ending A (72 kills)

Reloaded save, killed more Juggernauts then killed Cunningham got ending D (75 kills)

Reloaded save, ignored ALL juggernauts killed Cunningham immediately got ending C (69 kills)

Reloaded save, killed ALL juggernauts that she let out and SPARED her got ending B (81 kills)

I'm pretty sure if you stick to around these totals your golden. So all I have left is a speed run on hard whilst doing "digging up the past" and good behaviour. Should be interesting but at least I've cut out a 3rd playthrough.

Hope this helps everyone. Good Luck !!

• 2 months later...