Busted elevator panel: Centennial building

Doolinchic

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

I AM AT MY WIT'S END, I am at the centennial building part, I have ran through all 1-3 floors collected everything, finished all the puzzles and got the Id card for the elevator to go to the top floor, however, I can't seem to push the button to the top floor as the elevator panel is busted!!!!!! I have been through all floors again to see if I could find a part or something to fix it but alas! help me pleaseeee..can't progress!

Frustrated:mad:

The topmost button does not light up? That's strange.

Actually, I think it does not matter if you've collected all items. The most important thing in this area is just get the ID card from the dead man inside the vault, follow the path leading you the 3rd floor hall. there you'll see the wheelchair blocking the elevator doors. Take it out, enter and face the buttons, open the inventory and insert the Card. Press the topmost button.

how about if you load an earlier save file and go straight there ignoring other items?

I had a glitch yesterday on the shadow sigils map. I've collected all items and yet when I reached the map it does not allow me to put the items. Then I did the monastery events, returned to the same sidequest and it was all ok.

Leigh you now this game auto saves, there are no check points that I can relaod. there's no way for me to get out of that building or re load a check point, at this point I am going to just delete the game save data from my HDD and then reinstall and continue from the last checkpoint and see if it helps, otherwise I know it's corrupted.

• 8 months later...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Dl8MWXVqng]Silent Hill Downpour Walkthrough -PT21- Roman Numeral Puzzle (Library) - YouTube[/ame]

The individual who posted last has seemingly had the same problem as both OP and I. You can also see in the video at 10:30 that when he inserts the ID Card, that it is completely centered in the slot. As noted in the picture of my game, it is not;

http://i.imgur.com/jVS9J.jpg

Unfortunately due to the complexity of the game, I don't know if this actually cuts me off from completing the main story- but as it stands, I don't want to spend countless hours trying to work around it when it'll only be in vain.

Hopefully this helps others- and more so that this gets patched as soon as possible.

Edited by MoogledStats

• 1 month later...

I was having trouble going to the 18th floor from the 3rd floor last night. Then I went to the 2nd floor, still didn't work. When I went to the 1st floor it somehow allowed me to go to the 18th floor. Strange... I didn't notice the position of the key card though, sorry.

• 1 month later...
I was having trouble going to the 18th floor from the 3rd floor last night. Then I went to the 2nd floor, still didn't work. When I went to the 1st floor it somehow allowed me to go to the 18th floor. Strange... I didn't notice the position of the key card though, sorry.

This is how I got through it.

This glitch happened to me on my first playthrough; so I spent about an hour running around trying to work out what I'd missed. At first I thought I had messed it up by entering the locked vault before finding the slides. In the end I did what DIEDFORYOU did, and that fixed it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...