Rate the trophy difficulty...  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_plat_4.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.26

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give this platinum a 3, nothing too complicated, collectibles and miscellaneous trophies are fairly easy to obtain. The sidequests are pretty short except for a couple that can bring some problems with the locations. It takes 3 playthroughs to get all the endings of the game, however the game can be completed in less than 7 hours.

Edited by Aexuz

I voted 4. I have completed my first two playthroughs and only have easy miscellaneous trophies left to get. Hard mode isn't particularly hard. My second playthrough was my hard mode/no kills run, and I completed it in about 3 hours.

I voted 3. My first playthrough was on hard/hard and only really died from the environment and that stupid ass vortex. My final speed run only took 3 hours. I can't think of a single difficult trophy. 3 playthroughs are a bit much (Ending E was awesome though) but I enjoyed the game. Its has that Classic Silent Hill atmosphere in a horribly optimized game.

This was a pretty easily platinum. Rated it a 3. I wasn't even gonna trophy hunt but I saw how close I was to a platinum and went for it.

This glitch saves loads of time not having to worry about collectibles.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/silent-hill-downpour/150964-awesome-silent-hill-historical-society-glitch.html

Ending E was pretty funny and awesome. Enjoyable game and an easy platinum.

I gave it a 3. Fairly simple to plat. Depending how u play, can be mid range time consuming. My first playthru I did a TON of exploring. Took 15:54. 2nd playthru was Surprise Ending on easy. Took 4:45. Third was on Hard/Hard. Took 3:34. Really easy on Hard if you just run. I only killed 6 enemies on final run.

I was soooo happy with this game. After the disappointment that Homecoming was, I had fairly low expectations for Downpour. Definitely my fave since SH3.

Very easy plat.

Had to beat it four times.

First was both good endings,on hard/hard... killed everything in sight.Still got the good end..

Second I mangled doing the bad choice/ no kill. You cannot get the bad endings on a no kill run it seems...

Third was both bad ends,.

Fourth was surprise.

Best speed run was 2 hours 20 minutes give or take about 10 minutes.

Good fun, but a cutscene skip would have been lovely.

All in all,easy plat

Just platinum'd it - gave it a 4. Took me three playthroughs. You've gotta be wary of completing all the side-quests during one playthrough; some of them are glitchy and can screw up on you. On my first playthrough, I didn't realise until too late that the shadow sigil quest bugged on me. It was literally the last thing I had to do to get the trophy, so I had to complete all the side-quests again on my second playthrough... very frustrating!

Other than that though, it's all relatively simple. Monsters on hard mode are a bitch to defeat, but luckily you can run away from most enemy encounters, so it's nothing too strenuous.

Excellent game all in all, despite the technical faults, which I really hope get patched eventually. It's nice to have some legit survival-horror back this gen, with an emphasis on exploration. Best protagonist in a Silent Hill game too.

I went with a 4. While not very difficult in writing, it is a bit harder in practice as some of the bugs in the game work against you. Pinata Party was a nightmare for me, truly!

To anyone who has not unlocked the "Silent Hill Tour Guide" trophy, I recommend doing this on the same run as your "Good Behavior" run to save time on future playthroughs. It is possible to accomplish this--simply skip the bank side quest, and complete all the others. Ideally, you should finish the Birdcage sidequest just above the boat that takes you to the final area of the game. Free this bird, then use the unlocked subway system to take you back to Pearl Creek. Complete the bank job and unlock the trophy for it and, if you have done all the others minus "Digging Up The Past," your Tour Guide trophy will pop.

Now reload your save after freeing the 5th bird to preserve your zero kills, and proceed to the end of the game. If you do both Tour Guide and Good Behavior on your first playthrough using this method, your other playthroughs can save a lot of time!

I gave Silent Hill 3 HD a 4, not so much for challenge, but for technical problems. I'm doing the same thing with Downpour. I found Hard mode to be fairly easy. At one point I had 25 health packs, and that tends to lessen the suspense.

However, I did get beat down several times because of the frame rate and camera. For instance, the camera would suddenly pan left to get around a tree or something in the foreground, and it would hide whatever I was fighting. Or I'd get three still frames and then a shot of the sky, while my screen flashes red from damage. Good times.

I thought this was a pretty good Silent Hill game. Like many others have expressed, I think Vatra should have another go at the series in the future and see if they can overcome some of their technical issues.

• 2 weeks later...