final verdict on BoM?

Been looking forward to this week, because this game is 7.50$ for plus, but as my finger hovered over the confirm button, I decided lastinute to check here. Many posts here are kinda old, so what I'm basically asking is, is it worth it?

I played the demo way back, so I have an idea of what it is. I liked it, but admittedly I never even finished the demo. I'll also admit the 80+ hours to plat is a turn off as well, already so much ps+ crap I feel compelled to finish, but this has been on my radar since its release, and I'm really tempted.

Been looking forward to this week, because this game is 7.50$ for plus, but as my finger hovered over the confirm button, I decided lastinute to check here. Many posts here are kinda old, so what I'm basically asking is, is it worth it?

I played the demo way back, so I have an idea of what it is. I liked it, but admittedly I never even finished the demo. I'll also admit the 80+ hours to plat is a turn off as well, already so much ps+ crap I feel compelled to finish, but this has been on my radar since its release, and I'm really tempted.

I wrote the guide for this game and I'm giving it to you straight.

It's shit.

Unless you really, really love dungeon crawlers with Silent Hill elements.

In my opinion it's an insult to the Silent Hill franchise, but if you don't care about that, feel free to get it.

I wrote the guide for this game and I'm giving it to you straight.

It's shit.

Unless you really, really love dungeon crawlers with Silent Hill elements.

In my opinion it's an insult to the Silent Hill franchise, but if you don't care about that, feel free to get it.

:applause: I have the game on my Vita. Played maybe the first few levels and hated it. I'll get back into it when I'm utterly bored and have nothing else to play...that'll be at minimum 3 more weeks as I'm playing other crappy games being in this seasons THL, but ya, not a fun game IMO either.

Thanks for the feedback. I think ill pass for now unless it ends up on ps+. I think I could look past its lesser qualities if I didn't have so much else to play. Glad I didn't impulse buy it. I'd have been more annoyed that I increased my backlog with a scrappy game moreso than the wasted money.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I haven't platinum'd the game, but I have gone through the 'story' of the first 21 Zones. To be really honest, I don't mind the game. Its a 6/10. If it weren't for the Silent Hill title, this game wouldn't get as much hate as it does, but then again it probably wouldn't have sold half as much as it did. I wish Konami didn't abuse their IPs to sell more copies of mediocre/passable games and let them stand on their own merit.

If there is anything wrong with the game is that after 21 levels, its just another 100+ more levels that do little to deviate from the first 4 levels. Getting this platinum will be one of the biggest tests of my patience and levels of boredom.