Pyramid Head grinding efficiency?

Hello there,

I just made it past the 100th zone, and I've been really struggling to get the "Dark Executioner" quest from Valtiel. When I did, however, it was only on a five-piece map with three respawning Pyramid Heads.

I wanted to get peoples' thoughts on whether or not grinding the three PHs is sufficient to get me to level 50 at a reasonable pace, or if I'd be better off reloading for the quest on a larger map. Given how infrequently the quest occurs, I'm tempted to stay with it, but I wanted to understand other peoples' experiences, or if there's an even better method with the recent DLC.

Thank you!

Thanks for the perspective! I was actually going to edit my post and add that even with just three PHs, I went from 35 to 44 with just casual playtime. It's only now that I'm halfway through 47 that I'm starting to feel the grind.

I wholeheartedly recommend this approach; it feels more reliable than running through levels due to the fact that you run into a groove of knowing where to go, and stacking your accessories with DEX will fly you through the circuit. Additionally, you can multitask (e.g., watch TV) while you wait for the abysmal loading and while you're in your groove, so it feels less like actual work.

I totally understand that there will be dissenting views, and that's absolutely alright.

Edited by sukwendo