Tips and Tricks..Before and while playing

As I play this game that seemingly is rarely played by anyone in the world I figure I would give the community some tips and tricks that I have been learning by failing OVER AND OVER again.

General

1. Zone 1 redo is a must. Instead of spending thousands on repair kits and health packs just redo zone 1. Should be enough health kits and repair kits in it to completely fill your backpack after one or 2 runs. Each run only takes about 4 minutes.

*When finishing the game I had about 250k cash so after a certain point replaying zone 1 wont be necessary.

2. When picking a charm at the very beginning I would recommend the durability charm. Within this ingame weapons damage so quickly to the point of annoyance.

*Still believe this is the best charm. Knowing were the save points and shops has minimal benefit. As most of the save points are in completely moronic spots such as the first or 2nd room after entering the zone.

Weapons

1. Flamethrower is your FRIEND! One of the best weapons out there. Kills everything pretty quick especially boogie men who seem to be able to one shot you more often than not.

2. Steel sword is another great weapon to use. Destroys everything quick and has a nice durability.

*Steel sword is the best weapon in the game BY far. Kills everything in 2-5 hits!

Rooms

1. Crying girl room. The guide says follow her 4 times. I tried it like 5 times and it never worked. You have to make sure you follow her 3 times and do it slowly. NO idea why this is, but what I had to do to get neutral was follow her 3 times, and take a while to walk to her each time. If you walk to her immediately it won't work.

2. Girl trapped in box is located in zone 16 and or 17. Which is blood.

3. If trying to get multiple factions I.e. blood, neutral, light save the game and exit out restarting the zone. Getting a faction and then dying will not reset the room.

4. After 21 I noticed I was constantly being stuck in zones with 7 puzzle pieces. However, if you quit out of a zone that has 7 pieces, load another zone then quit out of that, the zone you left off at when re entering will 9 out of 10 times be 5 or 6 pieces and will continue to be 5 or 6 for at least the next 3 zones. Only problem with this is load times are horribly slow.

Trophies

1. The x30 combo trophy I found the easiest weapon to use to be the knives. For some reason I tried the smaller butcher knives and had NO success. But with the knives I was able to get x30 combo in like 5 tries. I also switched knives after x4 then used the other knife x4 then repeated.

2. x10 executions I found to be pretty simple whatever max zone you are at and as long as it has 7 rooms you will achieve this no problem. Again I used the knives only. Worked like a charm.

*Achieved the platinum last night. As the guide mentions grinding the pyramid heads at level 100 will make it go slightly quicker. ONLY slightly. It takes about 4-5 clears of a 7 room zone to achieve one level.

Edited by Ron-A-Palooza

I agree with almost every point of your guide. However, there are a few points everyone should consider.

1. The best charm. Many point out that EXP+ is the most useless charm because it's useless once you reach max level. I also thought that for a while, but when the grinding starts, you will want that extra bit and it also doesn't matter that it is worthless once you hit level 50/70 because you won't want to play this game any further.

The compass is also pretty good considering how large the maps get end-game and you will want to get to the save point ASAP since everything kills you in one hit.

2. Flamethrowers and the Steel Sword are good mid-game weapons at best. They deal moderate damage and stun most enemies.

But as a veteran, I recommend the knife. Dual wield it even. Once you learn the combo mechanics and master it, you will kill a high level pyramid head in 2 seconds compared to the slower times of the flamethrower and steel sword. The repair kit will also repair both knives you equip.

Just stun them with the AoE flash skill and start whacking.

3. The crying girl room is still a mystery to me and most of the players. But I've read your theory before on GameFAQs and it might be correct. I only wrote out of my own experience and what other users reported.

I will update the guide ASAP.

Edited by YenRou

I haven't tried the knife trick but I definitely will sometime today. After about 4 hours of the same monotonous bullshit I gotta take a break lol.

At level 48 now and the only really enemy that ever can cause a problem is boogeyman. They are way op. They heal themselves and can be seemingly invincible for periods of time for no apparent reason. Looking at some of the leaderboards zero people in the world have completed the game to 100%. Not sure if this is possible, but paints a bleak picture for completing the DLC

• 1 year later...

Just some add on to first post...

My best weapon for whole game was Princess Heart which you get with DLC. Off course you can get it from a person who bought DLC during your multiplayer session. I did this several times... :)

After you finish all killing trophy with special weapons, you can use whatever weapon you want.

My best weapon set was:

2x Princess Heart to kill quick every oponent and from a distance

2x knives to do combos and execution challanges and Vettiels missions

1x steel sword to kill oponents when I don't had tool kit to repair my Princess Heart

1x additional weapon for backup if I still don't get tool kit to repair my Princess Heart

During my playthrough to lvl 70 I always tried to finish a zone with full set of tool kits (4 pieces) and repaired all weapons. It was important when you started next zone. Usually when you got 7 puzzles zone, shop is at the end of a it and sometimes it was hard to finish a zone without breaking a weapon or desperately looking for a shop.

If you got killed then you always get not more than 2 pieces of each: ammo, health and tool kits. If you had more of them you lost them, so plan your zones, to not be killed.