Combo Trophy

I have no idea how the combo system works. It's for the "Beat Maniac" trophy. Does anyone know how to get this one?

It's probably the hardest offline trophy in the game and it's worrying me.

1. Find an enemy with high HP.

2. Take your weakest weapon, preferably slow too.

3. Attack the enemy and once it connects, immediately press :square: again.

4. You will see a number on the left of your screen x1.

5. You need x30 for the trophy.

I have no idea how the combo system works. It's for the "Beat Maniac" trophy. Does anyone know how to get this one?

The best place to do it is in the Blood zone forsaken room, the one with the cage. Use a regular knife and press the attack button right as your previous strike connects.

If you find your weapon is breaking before you hit 30, try using dual knives.

equip both hands with 2 knives. Once you start to hit the cage, press square button only, in the middle of combo, say around 15th hit press left directional button to switch knife. therefore you don't need to take a moment to repair the weapon :)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Can someone please explain how this works?

I've got the cage room and two knives, but the combo starts to bork out after the first 5 hits.

Yes I'm pushing the attack button the moment I see the flash of light, yet that doesn't work.

The only way I can get the combo to progress at all is to hold the analogue stick in the direction of the cage, then randomly tap square and hope it progresses. Maximum I've been able to get is 25

Edit: Well finally got it... but not how you're supposed to.

I just randomly tapped the attack button, combo cut out at 31. But no way does the combo system work as intended.

I more or less did 2 taps on square, followed by 3 rapid taps, then repeated that. The counter would then randomly go up, but not in line with the strikes on the box. My character would do 2 strikes on the box, but the counter would go up by 1, then other times it would go up by the exact amount. It's just random.

Edited by King_Ubu

• 3 weeks later...