Silent Hill Demo

I found it enjoyable. There are some lighting issues in some areas in the demo. It can get really dark to a point where you can barely see anything or where there is light, just not as much as you would hope. At first I thought it was my Vita; but after reading this preview, I found out it's suppose to be like that and the play is equipped with a flashlight. You have to press Select to use the flashlight.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/26/silent-hill-book-of-memories-hands-on-not-scary-but-creepy

Its a dungeon crawler in a way, it plays well with the Vita. It doesn't have the best graphics, but its not an eye swore. Playing on your own or with someone will change certain task(s) that you will can do or certain things will only show up when playing by yourself.

There are three levels/zones in the demo, with the last one ending in a boss battle. I don't know how far it goes, but it starts out about the players Job(promotion and stuff). That could be just the person I used. I'm going to use someone else the next time I play.

The game is enjoyable and the demo helped me make up my mind about the game. I'm getting it for the factor of; Having something to play on my Vita and the fact that how much time went by with me going through each room looking for stuff. If there are 6 endings, it will have enough replay value for me to justify my purchase. My grade for this demo is a 8.5.

Edit: I downloaded the demo off the EU PSN Store from my Vita.

Edited by GODCHILD1020

Demo doesn't appear to be up yet for us poor buggers in the US. :/ Any ETA? Also, from what I've seen, it looks to be sort of an Untold Legends/Diablo sort of thing. Is this true? (They're getting my money regardless, but I just like to know what I'm walking into. XD)

over i silly america we had to wait a week for something that came out last week :\ i downloaded it this morning and to be honest I`m impressed, its like dungeon hunter alliance meets manhunt, does anyone have the trophy list, its supposed to come out 10/16

Yeah, it's like "Dungeon Hunter: Silent Hill" :D

Not sure if I'm going to get this one

• 3 weeks later...

Glad they did a demo. I'm an old SH fan, but like with so many other series I'm a fan of, the devs do make some awful spin offs from time to time, so I'm always vary of those, and this one had kinda gotten written off my radar...

...until I actually tried the demo. Heck, the gameplay vids I had watched did this no justice at all, while the demo has actually sparked a real interest in the game for me. Now I have yet another game to throw into the dilemma of which games to buy next month

• 1 month later...

Tried out the demo last night. I am going to buy the game soon. Big fan of the SH series and although this is definitely a different direction the game is fun enough on its own merits so far (this is coming from a SH fan who generally despises ARPG on consoles).

Hopefully there is enough story in there to keep things gripping. Pleasantly surprised. My big concern at the moment is if it manages to continue to be fun and if getting online trophies is going to be a b***h. I hate MP trophies, I hate them so much.