Silent Hill: Book of Memories is the worst thing to happen.

Now I notice there was a post about multiplayer in Silent Hill: Downpour forum, but it looks like no one notice that the rumor is actually true. Silent Hill: Book of Memories is coming out in about 2 weeks for the Vita and it is the worst thing to happen to Silent Hill.

Silent Hill: Book of Memories is not a Psychological Horror, its a 4 player co-op action arcade game. With customizable characters, a top down camera view, and all the enemy's are from previous games, including Pyramid Head :2walls:

Don't believe me look at this horrible gameplay trailer

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qW76u_IQTY&feature=related]Silent Hill: Book of Memories - PS Vita - Gameplay Video Gamescom 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

:wtf:

Edited by olinkalex

I had similar feelings about a similar handheld spin-off to a franchise I really enjoyed. I still share these feelings. You probably know what i'm talking about. Final Fantasy Dissidia. If it's a known enough series to happen to, it's going to happen. Silent Hill isn't exempt from fan service spawned ideas.

Right? Even if it's a good game, I wont be playing it.

I wonder how many bones I would break in my hands after the well-deserved beating I would inflict on that tool. Did you know that for every copy of that game sold, a random couples first born son will cease to exist?

"And a certain someone who walks slowly and carries a big knife." UUGGHHHH. Shut the f*ck up and take that abortion of a game and die.

I watched that video and my wife asked "Why are you crying, stud muffin?" I replied "Because I just watched what obviously was a behind the scenes documentary on the making of 2 girls 1 cup."

Seriously, though. Eff that noise. Just terrible.

The game is non cannon though, so can completly skip it.

That's the only reason I'm not ragequitting life right now. I can simply ignore it because anything that happens there wont matter anyways! :D I still think they shouldn't have put Silent Hill on it though, they could have just called it something else and not made fans angry. =/

• 1 month later...

I think Silent hill is a great series, this game however was just stupid from the drawing board. They shouldn't have developed their first multiplayer horror game on a console that wasn't even out yet because you can't do a beta test. If they wanted to have a game on the Vita they should have done what atlus was doing, and remake one. If your gonna make a multiplayer game do it on a console you already made a game on and then if that doesn't work remake the multiplayer formula and try again. Don't just throw multiplayer into a game that being released on a console that about to be released. At least wait and work on a decent game like most other game developers out there.

• 4 months later...

Silent Hill producer calls out fans over Book of Memories -Destructoid

Tom Hulett just aced all the whiny fanboys crying about a non-canon spinoff game.

Don't like the game? Don't buy it and get over it. And before trying to declare yourself a "game critic" or "diehard SH fan", maybe wait for the game to even be out and try it first before you dismiss it as crap.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I was personally hoping for a good survival horror game but after playing the demo i actually liked it. If people just forget that it has the name silent hill and just enjoy the game they will find it better than they report

I agree with this, for the most part. Like I said to someone else, the worst part about this game is that it's called Silent Hill. Nothing makes this more blatant than the recently released trophy list.

Trophies with "Kill 25 Butchers/Bogeymen/Pyramid Heads with the Great Cleaver/Hammer/Knife". The super-strong near-unbeatable super monsters are reduced to being dime-a-dozen party tricks.

If this was some other game, and these were some other monsters, this wouldn't be an issue. But there is something really wrong with penultimate bosses being so easily dealt with. It would be acceptable if they were unique, highly-dangerous, top-floor guardians, but it doesn't sound like that.

I'm finding the main game to be better than the demo. The weapons break faster and the enemies block your attacks more. I will report back in an hour or so before I jump and say it's worth the purchase.

EDIT: They added a Zone select or next Zone option when you complete a Zone.

Edited by GODCHILD1020

• 2 weeks later...

I loved Silent Hill 1 and 2, after that I kinda just played the rest out of some dedication to the series, like with Resident Evil (gosh, Dead Space is getting #3 soon, will that go the same way and start running downhill on #3:eek:). Still like the other SH games, and gonna be getting Downpour soon, but it's hard to live up to the tension the first two games created.

Anyways, when I saw the 4plr co-op announcement and the first gameplay vids for BoM I kinda just thought 'ye, of course, let's kill it good and proper and utterly destroy the franchise'.

Then came the demo, which I reluctantly downloaded, and has been lying idle on my vita for quite some days. Finally played it today, and I must say, I really enjoyed it. But yet again, I feel kinda forced to look past the Silent Hill branding, as this feels more like a Dead Nation meets Neverwinter or something like that. Not survival horror, but most of the old classic Survival Horror series have turned into awful action shooters anyways, so I'm happy they didn't go that way since they went and broke with the formula.

Conclusion: I will be getting this and will probably thoroughly enjoy it, judging from the demo.

• 2 weeks later...

Even if you think the Silent Hill title away and take it as what it is, this game is bad. Really bad. Considering how much scepticism and outright hate it saw during the development, you'd think they'd put everything into it and convince everyone with a game so awesome and fun, everyone would feel like an idiot for not having wanted it desperately right on from when he heared about it for the first time.

Instead, they throw up some boring low quality game hat even the cheap free-to-play online browser games would be ashamed of being seen together with.

• 4 months later...