Rate the trophy difficulty...  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_35.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 3.33

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

I'd give it a 3

I got the plat within 15 hours, and I didn't play it before

first playthrough: normal diff(so you can kill at least 130 enemies)+focus on melee kill+get the silencer+melee kill final boss for unlimited smg

second playthrough: princessheart costume at menu+normal or hard diff(so you can kill at least 200 enemies)+collect beam saber+collect unlimited smg and kill everything with it+get the gold and silver pipe+boss kill time trial+possesed ending(saying "I forgive you" in confessional and taking tons of damage in final boss fight to make sure)

third playthrough: Heather beam/Sexy Beam(333 kills)+kill 30 with the beam+collect flamethrower+speedrun+less than 2 saves+under 500 damage+UFO ending=Plat!

Edited by colin19872003

Am one trophy away from platinum & I guess i should vote now. Its a 2 for me. I literally play part 3 multiple times on the PS2 that I knew the paths by heart. In total I will be making 3 1/2 playthrough. First run, was enjoying the game on easy with two game crashes. Second run, getting all the weapons & kills to rank up for the sexy beam on normal. Third run, stilling ranking up for the 300+ kills & saving only once on hard. On my final playthrough, it will be obtaining the ufo ending & then (P). To anyone thinking 3-4 playthrough is too much. Its much easier on the 2 run because of the unlimited machine. Bosses take 10-60+ sec to defeat them on normal difficulty & skipping cut scene making the game evem shorter. Overall this game scare the s**t out of me when it came out & just recently it did it again :eek:. A great & easy platinum to anyone who loves Survival horror.

I voted a 2.:dance: There is nothing hard about the game. You can platinum it by playing on the easiest difficulty. I was thinking about giving it a 10 just because of how terrible the game ran.:mad: It is very difficult to platinum a game that you don't want to play due to technical issues (freezing, Heather running in slow-motion animation, the out-of-sync voices).:mad: It was great to play through SH3 again in March, but I would have enjoyed it more if the game was delayed again so that the problems could be fixed.:think:

3 for me, ended up having to do one extra playthrough to get 333kills, 1 damn kill short after my 2nd playthrough!

Anyway, never played it on the PS2 but it was an easy and fast plat since the game is kind of short even when exploring.

Unlocking the unl. submachine makes the game a joke in terms of difficulty.

I gave it a 2. I did the 3.5 playthru way - I came up 22 kills short of 333 kills after 2. Ive probably beaten this game 15 times prior, so it was cake. 1st playthru was 3:06. 2nd was 2:25. 3rd was 1:25. And UFO took 38 minutes.

Aside from the slowmo running of Heather and it freezing on me once on 2nd playthru right at the Tarot Puzzle door, I was more than happy how it turned out. Well, Douglas' voice was pretty shitty, too. :p

I gave the game a 2. If you got the SH2 plat then this game will be very easy for you just because it does not require the 10 star rank, otherwise i would have given it a 7 or an 8. The only annoying thing about this plat is the game freezing and horrible lag which can make the game not very enjoyable,however if you go for the 2 saves,less than 500 DMG and under 3hrs it can all be done easily in the UFO ending seeing is how it can be completed in less than an hour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Is it possible to get SH3 without SH2? I just want SH3 because it's an easy platinum. And I have SH2 on PS2 anyway. Is it possible?

No, they are on the same BluRay Disc. But you don't need to start Silent Hill 2 High Definition if you don't want to. Then the PlayStation 2 will not register its Trophy List in case that is what you want and so it seems. But it is kind of a waste not to use Silent Hill 2 High Defintion, if you ask me. I will most likely get replies that it is no waste because it is so glitched but I don't mind. It never glitched for me and some lags while running through the streets are not that bad for me.

Not taking into account the physical, mental and emotional abuse I went through to get the platinum, it was very easy.

I'm worn out, feel dirty and won't be jogging at night anymore for at least a week.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMzuvKwo0uU&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Silent Hill 3 - Platinum[/ame]

3/10

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Honestly? The game only gets a 2/10. Nothing even remotely difficult in getting this Platinum, in fact it was quite fun, and very satisfactory when the last trophy clicked.

Felt great replaying this perfect game, from the best physchological horror franchise on the planet. Roll on Silent Hill: Revelations at Halloween :cool:

this was so very easy i must say, so i gave it a 1... :eek:

my first playthrough i got 68 shooting kills & 71 fighting kills (139 Total),

Easy Action & Easy Riddle. not sure how i did that as i went mainly for fighting kills.

my second i went on Hard Action & Easy Riddle as i wanted to make sure i got those kills in for the Possesion Trophy/Ending. I got a whopping 188 Shooting Kills & 77 Fighting Kills (265 Total). Using the Beam Saber made it very easy to get the fighting kills plus i got hit loads of times ensuring i got the Possesion Ending. so total kills was 404, not hard at all to rack them up.

it's not tough at all & a 5 out of 10 rating is not how this game is. has been a great ride re-visting these old skool classics. reminding us all how inventive, fun and scary games used to be. i always felt ya got really involved with characters aswell. it's been fun. :D