Question about "Keep your distance" and "Melee master" trophies?

redadude

As far as I remember, they need to be done in one playthrough.

Alright, I have another question:

How the heck do you get through the pyramid head chase scene in the hospital basement on hard!?

I can run fine but maria keeps getting killed! (And no I'm not talking about the inevitable cutscene just the chase)

Edited by redadude

run around the first corner, then run back asap and pyramid head will have spawned, load 8-9 bullets into him without hitting maria, then run for it and you should be able to make it.

worked for me several times on hard difficulty.

in case you're still having trouble, do the above, then when you turn the corner with the fenced off area, turn around quickly and fire 8-9 more bullets into pyramid head then run for the elevator as fast as you can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
2. On Hard, you need to unload a clip of bullets on the Pyramid head twice to slow him down, otherwise he will get Maria every time.

Not actually true. Though the clips may make the challenge easier, I've always made the run without firing, turning around, or slowing down. The hard part in making the bullets-free run is to never, ever collide with a wall. On hard mode, if you're running at full speed, the game makes you extra-susceptible to wall collisions. The only way to avoid this is to make the corners perfectly (you can briefly, briefly stop running to make the 90-degree turns, but you must not see James raise his hands or stumble - otherwise, Maria is hosed).

As well, there's a reason that so many people make this part of the game their first save-point in a game where you're only allowed two saves. It is an extreme pain in the ass to start over because you couldn't run those halls perfectly, and it's worth one of the two precious saves to allow yourself the chance to fail at this part.