leave ending

UlvenFenrir

does it matter how many times i get hurt throughout my playthrough, as long as i heal right away?

what about the sections with maria? in the hospital for example, shes close to you all the time and i've done my best to get rid of her untill you leave her in the bedroom untill you have to go find her again. does that count as spending too much time with her? or is the game not that strict regarding the requirements for each ending?

edit: figured this one out as well. the requirements aren't bad at all and managed to get all 3 regular endings with james on first try with no issue. i was playing on easy difficulty each time. just make sure you check your wife's picture and letter throughout the game several times, 2-3 times in each new area, apartments, hospital, museum, prison. etc. i did read the diary on top of the hospital and even listened to mary through the headphones in the reading room at the lakeview hotel and still got the ending. so it doesn't matter if you do some of the other endings requirements, but just to be safe, avoid the diary and headphones when going for the leave ending. also, hit maria a few times and dont wait for her to catch up to you and you'll be fine. in the hospital, i would just get the necessary key items and dump her in the S3 room on the third floor i believe so you won't have her following you around.

Edited by UlvenFenrir