Silent Hill 2 - Hard Mode - Eddie Battle: Best Technique

Sizzle

I have posted a video to help those of you that are having trouble with the Eddie battle on hard mode. This vid shows you how to defeat Eddie without getting shot by him. This is for people that are preparing for or doing the 10 star run.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIhiGU6wRBg&feature=colike]Silent Hill 2 - Hard Mode - Eddie Battle: Best Technique - YouTube[/ame]

Read the in video tips and the description for a better understanding.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

This is for Part 2 of the Eddie fight. For Part 1, the steel pipe method works wonders.

If you hold R1 as you skip the cutscene, then you should sidestep behind a meatbag when the battle starts. Try and time it so that you're "directly" behind the meat, which means when he chases you, approaching the left side of the meat, there'll be an opening to hit him. The positioning may be precise, but several times it worked out me, what worked out for me you ask?

After getting behind that meatbag, Eddie will run up to you and take a swing... But it won't hit you, it'll hit the meat instead, allowing you to empty a shotgun shell into his gut. This can happen 3-4 times, before the slight movements (due to the firing animation) change the positioning of both characters, so that Eddie can now hit you with his fist.

Which means that "going hit for hit" he'll hit you 3-4 times (won't even put you in red status), and you can shoot him 3-4 times with your shotgun which will end the fight.

If you ensure you haven't taken more than 400 damage (I would personally estimate 435 damage) before you save in the graveyard, then using this method is golden.

Edited by anag

• 6 months later...