Silent Hill 2 black screen glitch

Sizzle

I just ecountered this really annoying glitch and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and knows how to fix it.

I was in the alternative hospital and pushed the cupboard to reveal the drop in the basement to get the copper ring. After I picked it up I went back up to the third floor with Maria and pressed x to the door that takes you to the hallway which leads you to the elevator. Instead of the screen fading in from black and seeing James standing in the hallway, what happened is the game remained black. I thought it had crashed but when I pressed select the game paused meaning it was still running. I then tried to move around but couldn't hear my footsteps. I then pressed triangle to open the map but it said "to dark to read the map". Then I pressed x repeatedly and picked up: ampoule, drink, shotgun ammo, handgun ammo and a first aid kit all from one spot. I then pressed triangle again and this time it said "you don't have a map of this area". I then tried turning around to press x to the door (which I hoped was there) that I came from, but nothing happened. I'm stuck in this place and think I'm going to have to reload this.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Edited by Sizzle

I just ecountered this really annoying glitch and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and knows how to fix it.

I was in the alternative hospital and pushed the cupboard to reveal the drop in the basement to get the copper ring. After I picked it up I went back up to the third floor with Maria and pressed x to the door that takes you to the hallway which leads you to the elevator. Instead of the screen fading in from black and seeing James standing in the hallway, what happened is the game remained black. I thought it had crashed but when I pressed select the game paused meaning it was still running. I then tried to move around but couldn't hear my footsteps. I then pressed triangle to open the map but it said "to dark to read the map". Then I pressed x repeatedly and picked up: ampoule, drink, shotgun ammo, handgun ammo and a first aid kit all from one spot. I then pressed triangle again and this time it said "you don't have a map of this area". I then tried turning around to press x to the door (which I hoped was there) that I came from, but nothing happened. I'm stuck in this place and think I'm going to have to reload this.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Your just pus iole gamer and silent hill recognised that

I started this game today and when I was in the apartment I used the fire escape key and the screen just went black instead of showing up the loading screen. Had to reset the PS3. Kind of worries me when I'm going to being do the run with only 2 saves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This happened to me too. On my 4th playthrough (and 1st playthrough since patching it).

I tried reloading and it was still dark. It happened after the cutscene with Pyramid Head and 2 mannequins in the apartments. I could see the mannequins on the floor and was able to pick up the key in the closet, despite being able to walk through walls.

I even managed to find my way to the door, but the next room was glitched aswell.

I think this may be caused by the patch, can I use recent saves if I delete the patch? I can't risk this when I go for my 10 Star run.

Well if it gives you any confidence...that was the first and last time the game glitched on me. I did my ten star playthrough yesterday and had no problems. Although i was shitting myself in the hotel incase a glitch happened.

It happened to me just once while I was playing for one of the standard endings. If I recall correctly, it occurred in the apartments area. It was very weird, even exiting to the title screen didn't correct the problem, I had to exit the game altogether.

Edited by WarriorAngel706

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The only time I encountered something like this was first playthrough after Sir had chased us down the hall in Alternate Brookhaven. I got on the elevator, slumped down, but when the doors reopened and I stood up, there was only blackness. I walked out, the elevator vanished and I ran around for about five mintues in blackness. Nothing there, not even on the map. I ended up having to exit out of the game and reload my save and run down the hall from Sir again. A little annoying, but nothing aggravating.

Edited by Sszchera
spelling

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Generally speaking how glitchy are these remakes? I've always loved the Silent Hill games and I would love to replay them in HD, but I've been reading a lot of negative reviews. If technical issues are going to ruin my experience I might have to pass on these games.

• 8 months later...