dittyeating

not played these before. like a good scare and wondered what these were about and what there like and if there anygood

This sums it up pretty good (from the wiki):

The series is heavily influenced by the literary genre of psychological horror, with its player characters being mostly "everymen", in contrast to action-oriented survival horror video game series featuring combat-trained player characters, such as Resident Evil, which is widely regarded as Silent Hill's strongest "rival".

It's a physiological horror game, it's kinda hard to explain that ^^"

Yes it does have very limited ammo and resources in this game, however this is not Resident Evil, your not gunna be using a gun all the time because ammo is pretty scares, you'll be using melee weapons a lot and that will have a constant feel of your character being over powered and almost defenseless.

Also the story's really good too, for each character.

I think though the world of Silent Hill isn't something that should be explained, you need to experience first hand to really know what goes on behind that sign ;)

It's a physiological horror game, it's kinda hard to explain that ^^"

Yes it does have very limited ammo.

I think though the world of Silent Hill isn't something that should be explained, you need to experience first hand to really know what goes on behind that sign ;)

This.

Silent hill games ( for me the first 3 ) makes you go deeper in the history, makes you play more to know what's happenning, makes you dont want to sleep because you can't do something ( that happen to me when I try to finish SH4 and I can't pass that dammed doll puzzle ).

The game is all focused on story, all you have to do YOU HAVE to do otherwise you're screwed :D

And what makes it better is the places that are used in the game.

You would never think about a hospital was a scary place, a school full of hell things, and the rest.

You will enjoy, as much as I did.

really interested now. played saw and thought that was shiit. its not similar to that is it?? so its the story and the world that make this game scary. the movie as far as i remember felt like solitary,

No, Saw is nothing compared to Silent Hill series, but i say that the sh movie was pure shit.

you should play both SH2 and SH3, i think they are the best

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

started silent hill 2 yesterday and ive gotta say im impressed. it reminds me of the old style resident evil. im only a few hours in so far . ive met some dude throwing up in the toilet and now moved to a 2nd apartment block through a window but im really looking forwards to how the story progresses, wish i could devote my full time to it.