Treasure Locations

jefxfree

Swamp:

1) At the beginning of the level you will blow up a rock pile to the bottom right is a tree with a large chest inside. (Requires Shrek's Upgrade)

2) After dropping the crate on the guard you will see a gold locked fence with waffles behind it. (Requires Donkey's Upgrade)

3) After the first real battle you're in there is a small chest inside the tree behind the large moveable rock.

4) Same area as before, large blue chest (Requires Fiona's Upgrade)

5) After going into your home and using the mirror go outside and kick the gate open. Then use the next mirror. You will see the large chest under the tree. (Requires Shrek's Upgrade)

6) Now run straight down and you will see the wanted poster.

7) Same area as before. Normal Chest.

8) Continue playing and you'll again use a mirror, immediately up is a gold locked fence with a wanted poster inside and up the ramp. (Requires Donkey's Upgrade)

9) Same area. Behind the large moveable rock is a treasure chest.

10) When you leave the previous area walk all the way to the right and you will see a guard. Go around the side and push the block into the hole, then punch the tree to knock the bee hive on his head. The large chest is under the tree. (Requires Shrek's Upgrade)

11) After this area go up, where the green arrow points, you will see a tree stump that Boots uses to get up to a chest.

12) Walk to the right and you will hear Donkey talk about the catapult. Use it, with Boots, as is and it will knock down the rock wall in front of the chest.

13) Use the mirror, run down, move the blocks, grab the collectable. (I'm not sure what it is because I'm writing this guide after I beat the game so I've already collected it)

14) Run past the mirror that teleported you here and use the one above it, under the tree will be another chest.

15) Continue on and you will use donkey to kick through a fence to get a pumpkin to destroy the rocks. Run straight and the blue chest is on a ledge. (Requires Shrek's Upgrade and a Second Controller)

16)

17)

Edited by jefxfree

Dragon's Keep

1) In the area where you make the purple potion for the first time a chest is behind a wall on the far right side of the room.

2) Cross the bridge created by lighting the purple potion and the chest is in the open.

3) Beside the staircase is a collectable (I think)(I'm not sure what it is because I'm writing this guide after I beat the game so I've already collected it)

4) After going up the stairs you come to a room where you turn the potion red to blow up the rocks, then purple to build the bridge. Once you turn the potion purple kick the mirror in the room where the blue lizard is to build the bridge to the south. Then follow it to a mirror. Take the mirror to a lava room. All the way to the left is a ramp leading north. Take this for a blue chest. (Must have Shrek's Upgrade)

5) Same lava room. Easy to find beside some breakable barrels. (There's also a Dronkey in here)

6) Go back through the mirror, cross the other bridge you created. Go straight to the wall and jump over to the other side for a chest that's in the pen (Requires Boots' Upgrade)

7) Not too long after your first fight on the round arena with the trees and witches you'll come to a room where you have to make a purple potion and use Shrek to move two mirrors to build a bridge. Before making the potion purple make it red and drag the second mirror to the left and you'll blow up the barrels and rocks. Take the mirror and you'll come to another lava room. Figure out the rock puzzle and move down the ramp for a blue chest. (Requires Shrek's Upgrade)(There's also a Dronkey in here)

8) When you're about to pick up the green frog you'll see burnable piles of wood behind those is a blue chest (Requires BOTH Shrek's and Fiona's Upgrades)

8) Same place. Wanted Poster.

9) After the second fight on the round arena you'll make a potion to open a door. Once through that door you'll make another potion to raise a bride. Once across the bridge you'll see a mechanism raising up and lowering down. Just walk on it when it's down and across to get the chest.

10) Once you have that one adjsut the mirrors and build another bridge. Cross it for a blue chest behind some burnable log piles. (Requires BOTH Shrek's and Fiona's Upgrades)

11) Continue on and you'll come to another mechanism that moves up and down. Go across it and take the mirror into yet another lava room. Run all the way down and then to the right and you will see a chest at the bottom of the screen.

12) Move the rocks and continue a short way forward for a blue chest (Requires Shrek's Upgrade)(There's also the last Dronkey in here, finding this will give you a permanent heart increase)

13) Go back to the room previous room via the mirror, build the bridge, take it across and burn the piles of wood for a blue chest (Requires BOTH Shrek's and Fiona's Upgrades)

14) Same exact area, beside the chest is a wanted poster.

15)

16)

17)

Edited by jefxfree

Peasant Village

1) After talking to Pinocchio run to the right and past the bell hub. Keep going right and beside a tent in the north east corner will be a chest.

2) After using the mirror and going across the bridge go up to the house in the north west corner, close to the second mirror. There is a chest.

3) After using the mirror run up and you will see a gold locked gate with a blue chest inside. (Requires BOTH Donkey's and Shrek's Upgrade)

4) Same area. Normal chest. (Requires Donkey's Upgrade)

5) Use the Fiona fireworks to draw the guards down. Then run up to the area they were guarding and grab the blue chest. (Requires Shrek's Upgrade)

6) After placing the bell and going to the next area use Fiona's fireworks then run down then left to get a blue chest. (Requires Shrek's Upgrade)

7) In the next area where you free the Ogres you'll come to a puzzle that requires a guard to stand on the pressure plate to lower the wooden gate blocking your path. Instead of doing this run down and kick the tree over with Donkey. Then place an explosive barrel beside the rocks and grab the blue chest. (Requires Shrek's Upgrade)

8) Now use Fiona's fireworks and immediately run to the climbable wall. Use Boots to climb the wall up, and jump to the other side (now that the gate is down) then up to the chest.

9) After using the mirror a chest right beside the next mirror.

10) After kicking open the gate with Donkey (that had the rocks behind it) run straight up, past the fireworks, and behind the building for a blue chest. (Requires Shrek's Upgrade)

11) After lowering both gates, and crossing through them, look to the top right for some burnable stacks of wood. Burn it and run to the end of the path for a chest. (Requires Fiona's Upgrade)

12) Same area. Kick open the gold locked gate and open the blue chest. (Requires Upgrades from Fiona, Shrek, and Donkey)

13) Now run across the bridge that's located directly beside the one that took you to the blue chest. You'll see a chest beside some guards. (Requires Upgrades from BOTH Boots, and Fiona)

14) Same area. After getting the watermelon and blowing up the rocks you'll see a blue chest. (Requires Upgrades from Shrek, Fiona and Boots; As well as a second Controller)

15) Same exact area, beside the blue chest is a collectable (waffels). (Requires Upgrades from Fiona and Boots; As well as a second Controller)

16) Straight down from the multi-player puzzle is a blue chest. (Requires Upgrades from Fiona and Boots.)

17)

18)

19)

20)

21)

22)

Edited by jefxfree

The Catacombs

1) After kicking the wall down with Donkey go through it and head down for a chest.

2) This chest is in the bottom of the room where you see the painting on the wall teaching you how to use Donkey's kick to move the raft.

3) As soon as you get to an area that you can get off the raft you'll see a chest beside where you land.

4) Same area, top of the screen, is a blue chest behind some burnable wood. (Requires BOTH Shrek's and Fiona's Upgrade)

5) When you climb the second wall with dangers on it (wooden pillars) with Boots you will see it down a small path beside the crank you have to pull. (Requires Boots Upgrade)

6) After you get off the raft, and have to fight the bats, you will see a blue chest (Requires Shrek's Upgrade)

7) After the battle, and using Fiona to light the fire, run all the way down and you will see burnable wood. Burn that and go down the stairs. Follow this puzzle room for a blue chest on the left side of the room. (Requires Shrek's and Fiona's Upgrade)

8) Same area. Another blue chest. (Requires Shrek's and Fiona's Upgrade)

9) Same area. A collectable (Boot's Bow). (Fiona's Upgrade)

10) Opposite side of the large room. Solve the puzzle for a blue chest. (Requires Shrek's Upgrade)

11) Same area, Same puzzle. Another blue chest. (Requires Shrek's Upgrade)

12) Same area. Same puzzle behind burnable logs, after lowering the water. Collectable (Wanted Poster) (Requires Fiona's Upgrade)

13) Now go back to the other puzzle room with the Ogre's that you have to free. On the left side, after lowering the water, will be a chest behind one of the moveable blocks.

14) On the right side of this puzzle room, after lowering the water, run past the mirror. You'll see it in a little cove.

15) Use the mirror, run through the door to the other room for a chest.

16) Directly beside the last chest.

17) Wanted poster, after using the second mirror on the platforms, walk up then left and destroy a square rock with an oil barrel to get the collectible.

18) After moving the crate and freeing the Ogre go across the bridge and the chest on the left near the mirror, behind some barrels.

19) After beating all of the Pide Piper's minions go down the little walk-way on the right and you'll see a blue chest with burnable wood in front of it. (Requires Fiona's and Shrek's Upgrades)

20) After beating all of the Pide Piper's minions go down the little walk-way on the left to get a small chest.

21)

22)

Edited by jefxfree

Docks

1) There are no chests on the docks you start on. After meeting with Pinocchio and getting on the raft, sail up and there will be a cut scene of the pirate ship shooting an anchor and blocking your way. After this scene go left. There is 1 small chest on this island.

2-4) Next go up to the pirate ship and then go left past some whirlpools. There's an island you can disembark on. This is the island with a cave full of bombs. there are 2 small chests and 1 large one on this island.

5-8) Next sail due north. You will need donkey's upgraded kick to get the 1 small chest and 3 large chests on this island.

9-12) Next sail right through more whirlpools to the first island the pirate ship is anchored to. There are 3 small chests (one is well hidden, when you are going left using the bombs shot at you to clear a path, there is a rock south of you that blends in that can be blown up and a small chest is behind it) and 1 large chest that will take donkey's upgraded kick to get. - Total: 12/27

13) Next sail right and down. There is 1 large chest all by itself on this island. A lot of people have missed it, make sure you don't.

14-15) Next sail up and to the right. This island has some magic mirrors and the giant Nazca Line-like drawing of Gingy. You have to put the right colored balls in the drawing to proceed. There are 2 large chests on this island and also a heart container.

16-22)

Next sail past the whirlpools to the left. Use the bombs shot at you to get the 5 small chests on this island. There is also 1 large chest that you will need a second controller to get. Also boots bow is on this island.

23-29) Finally sail left past more whirlpools, up a bit and then curve around down for the last island in the level. There are six small chests on this island. One of them can be tricky, it's behind a box you have to push by a bridge to cross. The level will end when you blow up the barrels by the second anchor so be careful if you missed some chests you want to go back for. Also fiona’s wanted poster after the battle climb up to get it with boots.

30)

31)

Note: The Docks guide was written by Ace Attorney 86 at 360A. His origional post can be found here.

Edited by jefxfree

Rumpelstiltskin's Palace

1) Walk into the room, watch the cutscene, fight the witches, then you'll see a blue chest on the left hand side.

2) Go up and climb the green curtains. You will see the chest on the ledge.

3) On the way up the stairs behind the movable mirror statue is a pink bow.Purple room. Top Right. Beside the painting is a collectable.

4) Purple room. Top Right. Behind the painting is a blue chest.

5) regular chest in the top right of the orange room

6) Orange room. Top left. Behind the painting is a blue chest.

7)

8)

9)

Edited by jefxfree

The Ogre Camp

1) All the way to the right. Move the stacked crates and behind it is a blue Chest (Requires Shrek's Upgrade)

2) Beside that is a chest.

3) Move the stacked crates into the little cove so that Boots can jump left and grab onto the hanging ladder. Take both ladders and open the chest. (Requires Boots' Upgrade)

4) Same area. Chop the rope holding the crate, burn the piles of wood and open the chest. (Requires Upgrades from BOTH Boots, and Fiona)

5) Same area. Open blue Chest. (Requires Upgrades for: Boots, Fiona, and Shrek)

6-11) Same Area. Kick open the gold locked gate for 2 chests and 4 blue chests. (Requires upgrades from ALL characters)

12) From this area run left and you will see an Ogre standing close to a fire pit. Move the blocks for a chest.

13) Same area. Up above the Ogre in a house is another chest.

14) Same area. As boots climb the tree beside the house for another chest.

15) From the market move up and on the left will be moveable blocks. Move them for a chest.

16) Beside those blocks is another chest.

17) Beside that chest is a blue chest. (Requires Shrek's Upgrade)

18) Beside that chest is a tree that Boots can climb. Climb it for a chest.

19) To the right of that tree is another blue chest. (Requires Shrek's Upgrade)

20)

ALL of the things you buy from the market count towards this. I'll have to try to get a list of what he sells...

Edited by jefxfree

If anyone sees one that I missed please add it here (please include what number it should go after) and I'll put it in the right location. I realize this is supposed to be an easy game, but who cares. This is a trophy site... People want lists.

Thanks! :)

Also note that ALL of the chests that I don't have listed are both easy to find and don't require an upgrade. I got them on my first play through but didn't make this guide until my second play though.

I hope this helps.

Edited by jefxfree

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HUGE thanks for this guide. I have a bad eye for this stuff, and without it, this may have taken me forever.

Some additions (poorly written because they are from memory :(

Catacombs:

Somewhere around 16 or 17 on your list, Wanted poster, after using the second mirror on the platforms, walk up then left and destroy a square rock with an oil barrel to get the collectible.

#19 - After beating all of the Pide Piper's minions go down the little walk-way on the left to get a small chest.

Palace:

After #2, on the way up the stairs behind the movable mirror statue is a pink bow.

Edited by stynn

• 2 weeks later...

Yes jeffx, those large hearts are collectibles. Some levels have x/5, while others are x/4 (or maybe just the last level?). x/4 means it only contains one unique item for each character, and x/5 has the items plus the heart.

Swamp:

Right after the second mirror is a bridge with Boot's paw markings. Use Puss in Boots to hop to the rock. I overlooked this many, many times >;(

Peasant's Village:

Right after you teleport into the final bell area (after co-op puzzle), go straight up to find 2 treasure boxes and 1 perma-heart. I can't believe I missed this one, hehe.

The Catacombs:

After #4 and before #5: After you clear the first danger wall, there's a big box on the north side. The waffles are behind it.

edit: For the rest of the game post-Swamp, there's really no need to say "requires Shrek Upgrade" since you'll always have it, so...

Edited by Eye Beams

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Please help me :( Level -> Swamp <- I have 4/5 & 12/12 .... only 1 collectable for platinum !

I need a collectible, someone could say the 5 to know which one I need? Little Red Riding Hood's house where you have to scare a 5 frogs ... that does not count right? Because the 5 frogs freak and I said thanks but I do not count as the 5 / 5: (Hopefully I can help, thank you in the soul!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This is a craaaaaaaaaaaaappp guide u miss soooo many and u give like one colloectable in the hardest level!!! How do u expect it to be good when ur doing it from memory?!?!

Hate to be mean but this guide is bad.

Then don't effing read it losers.

1) I don't see you creating ANYTHING better. You'd rather whine and complain than contribute.

2) I did this from memory after i'd almost finished the game because others were already asking where certain treasures were. It was never meant to be the final version it was meant for whomever did the real guide to take and expand upon.