Game destroying glitch, help appreciated

Hey guys,

a few of my mates are playing this game so I got it for 4p coop, but as soon as I start the game it logs me out and says something about parental control restrictions, I can only play offline.

I'm 28, my parental controlls are switched off completely... I tried restoring default settings on my ps3 and it still won't work...

Anyone else having this issue? How do I fix it?

Thanks.

I've heard of this happening with other games and, AFAIK, there isn't a fix except to wait for a patch that may never come :(. I think the problem is a coding bug with how the game interacts with your PSN ID/Profile, have you tried playing it on a secondary account to see if that makes any difference?

I've heard of this happening with other games and, AFAIK, there isn't a fix except to wait for a patch that may never come :(. I think the problem is a coding bug with how the game interacts with your PSN ID/Profile, have you tried playing it on a secondary account to see if that makes any difference?

Hi Terminator, thanks for the speedy reply.

Your right on the money, I eventually figured it out!

Me and 3 mates had set up 4 tvs in the man cave, they played while I tried everything I could think of...

After resetting factory settings, I tried different accounts on my console, but same problem, whilst other games were running as normal, so I logged into all of my other accounts to individually check the parental settings for each, and I noticed something..

Turns out the problem was caused by a blank "User 1" profile I had just sitting there, I have 4 accounts with registered psn id's but one that I'd just made to try a game I wasn't sure about, no id assigned.

It seems that shoot many robots looks at the details of all accounts on your console, specifically date of birth, so when there was a blank 'User 1' acc, it sees potential for a person of unknown age to log in and play, thus blocking all online access to the game, deleting this account fixed it instantly.

It makes sense that other coop games that support multiple players on 1 console could run into this problem too, worth keeping this fix in mind as it's easy to see why the system tripped up, even easier to fix.

Thanks again for the reply!

Cheers.

Edited by thedarknessof66