Rate the trophy difficulty  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_45.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.46

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Vyrastas

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm giving it 1 out of 10. I got my platinum in roughly 30 hours (it's a fun game, I kept playing after that) and I must say that there are no trophies that require particluar skill or dedication. It just takes some time to earn them, not much time.

Some people may say that King of the Beasts and Familiar Faces missions are hard to get, to that I might say that they are triggered by completing a certain number of missions from "?" employer. There's nothing hard about it, "?" missions are mostly very easy.

Overall, not a singly trophy required me to put any noticeable effort into obtaining it. 1 out of 10 it is.

• 2 weeks later...

This difficulty is convoluted because the difficulty really is an 8+ if you don't follow a guide or know the tricks.

For the last boss for example, the two parts are extremely difficult. The boss can kill you in two combo's on normally difficulty, whereas you need to do around 10-15 combo's on him. Really hard. BUT if you use 2x Master Approval's (for both parts), it's a 1 hit kill, 1 second boss fight. :p

I'll rate when I platinum all four versions, but around 4 at this time because of the confusion and complexity. Game is mehh, 15 hours. No way you can do it 10 hours. Note: I'm bad at Vita games, so it could be a 3 for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Very easy game to platinum. I've gave it a 4.

Just focus on the Thrifty Ninja money trick to get easy money. Then buy the materials to make Alchemical Genius to get the maximum boosting flask and the most powerful smoke bomb (be careful the range is large and will kill you). Focus on Attack and Defense on level ups.

I killed the last boss literally in seconds on Deadly. I just drank the flask and mashed the attack button. He didn't even have any time to react.

The reason for the 4 is just it takes grinding to get a bunch of them.

Edited by Firestorm ZERO

A five.

Took me a lot of time, but also I had a lot of fun :D

Without any tricks, the playthroughs aren't really hard but sometimes stressful.

But I didn't used any items before the easy (last) playthrough, I suppose that would have made it a lot easier^^°

• 3 months later...

The only thing you really need a guide for is the endings and possibly the side quests (and trophy descriptions, but that doesn't count as a guide). Everything else can be figured out eventually.

Voting a 3, but with a caveat. If you were stupid like me and tried to do the Familiar Faces sidequests in Deadly difficulty, it could be a lot harder. It took me easily 20 tries because the bears surrounded me and killed me in 1 hit. If you do it on any other difficulty, then there's no problem.

The last boss will be tricky on your first run unless you know what you're doing - I died a lot to him on Normal, but after that I had broken items and zoomed through on Hard/Deadly. The 3 is pretty much targeting that first fight. If you cheat from step 1, then it's a 1 though...

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Gave it a 4. A really fun little game with last gen graphics. Once you level up sufficiently you feel like you are a really skilled ninja. Four play throughs are not a problem and even final boss Shu on hard difficulty only took me 2 tries. Finding all the Geckos slowed me down a little until I figured out where the rare drop locations were. Really enjoyed it, looking forward to a Shinobido 3 hopefully!

• 1 month later...

Gave it a 2.

Once you have made alchemical genius the game becomes extremely easy.

The only 'challenge' comes from getting the luck based trophies reliant on certain missions appearing or on that damn gourmet gecko appearing.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
This difficulty is convoluted because the difficulty really is an 8+ if you don't follow a guide or know the tricks.

For the last boss for example, the two parts are extremely difficult. The boss can kill you in two combo's on normally difficulty, whereas you need to do around 10-15 combo's on him. Really hard. BUT if you use 2x Master Approval's (for both parts), it's a 1 hit kill, 1 second boss fight. :p

I'll rate when I platinum all four versions, but around 4 at this time because of the confusion and complexity. Game is mehh, 15 hours. No way you can do it 10 hours. Note: I'm bad at Vita games, so it could be a 3 for you.

I went with a 4, and completely agree with this. Once you have thrifty ninjas and masters approvals, the game is a breeze (and more enjoyable, IMO). My first, normal playthrough was the hardest. I got very lucky with the 2 rare missions popping up naturally.

A guide is a must, although the current one does need a bit of updating now that we have some new information available.

For new players starting out, read some of the supporting threads, and the info in the last few pages of the trophy guide (user submitted comments) before getting to far into the game!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

5/10

Overall game is very fun, enjoyable and easy if you are using alchemy, and I give 1/10 for completing deadly.

But some grind trophies like ??? missions and Jack-of-All-Trades are really annoying. I didnt find a good and fast way how to get them. So you can spend most of your time just in receiving these trophies. I dont find these trophies easy to get and my 5/10 goes only because of them. I got Jack after completing excort mission and Im sure I have completed 3 or 4 such missions before.

• 8 months later...

I voted a 5/10. While nothing is difficult per se, the problem with the trophies is the lack of descriptions. Unless you abuse the hell out of alchemy (which takes a while to get down) then the Hard and Very Hard modes can be true tests of patience since the game play is rather sub-par. As much as I like the Tenchu series, Shinobido 2 fell flat despite the captivating story and setting. Also, screw geckos. XD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I hated this game. From start to finish I didn't enjoy it one bit. I bought this game without trying out the demo first because I was POSITIVE I'd have a blast with it after watching some Youtube videos of the gameplay and the added bonus that the same developers that made this made Tenchu as well, an AWESOME stealth game in my opinion! And I love anything ninja!

So yeah, I dove straight in and boy did I regret it. Graphics aren't impressive. I could deal with that because that's not the first thing that matters to me in a game. What matters to me is the mechanics and the fun-factor. So with that being said the mechanics drove me fucking nuts! Camera: made me want to hurl my Vita through a wall! Jumping, grabbing and throwing my grapple hook: UGH! My god was it ANNOYING! Fighting multiple enemies at once and trying to stay locked onto a specific target: forget it, it'll drive you nuts trying so fuck it just swing at everyone! Same repetitive missions. Same repetitive enemies. Same repetitive music. Same repetitive comments and dialogue... seriously was there any real thought or care put into this game???

Anyway, difficulty wise in the end I settled on a 2. Once you play around with the game a bit and get used to the mechanics of it and become familiar with alchemy and how it works the game becomes much more manageable to play. I would've rated it a 1 but for the reasons above and the tediousness of some of the trophies I didn't. The reason I'd give it a 1 if it wasn't for those reasons is because the difficulty of this game is non-existent once you've exploited the Thrifty Ninja scrolls (unlimited use of items per level) and the Master's Approval scroll (basically one-shot stealth killing any and every enemy you come across - bosses included - no matter if they've detected you or not). Oh and lets not forget the +999 explosive sphere bombs! Holy shit man that weapon is NO joke! Stand far, far away when using them! I died so many times because the blast radius is too goddamn big, ha ha!

Welp, that's my rating in a nutshell. To the person reading this who has yet to play it, please, try the demo first to see if it's something you could really see yourself getting into. And don't bother with the only trophy guide available for this game because some parts are inaccurate, confusing, vague as fuck with a lot of the descriptions and just basically next to useless. Not even half way through my first playthrough I stopped using it altogether. Anyway, onto my JP copy of Heavy Fire: Afghanistan...

Edited by TacoNinja