Nailed the drifting event!

Naps

Finally after trying to get it for nearly 2 years (or even more I think), I finally defeated Vaughn Gittin Jr on the drift championships. I really suck at drifting, in fact I cursed Slightly Mad Productions for making drifting compulsory in Shift 2 (well that and the BRNO corners of course).

But thanks to this set-up/tune-up (shared in one of the threads):

NFSUnlimited.net - Need for Speed Most Wanted, Hot Pursuit, World, SHIFT and more - SHIFT2 Car Setup

Toyota Supra, and the "turbo" can be adjusted to the second best option if you spin too much on the maxed option.

I still suck at drifting, never got a "perfect" drift, ALWAYS end up with a car without any hood, bumper and spoilers... in other words a total wreck Supra BUT at least I end up 1st - after "several tries"...

To unlock the championship drifting event, you must have at least 20 1st podium finishes from the early events. This is enough for you to "somewhat" get the hang of drifting. Some corners as I have discovered require you to start from 0mph speed while others would need the right speed to give you that perfect slide. We all probably drift differently so just try to get the feel of it.

Just follow the set-up as it is coz I think it's just the right adjustment for the Supra. Perfect actually.

I was able to beat Vaughn almost quite easily on the first and second race... come the London Millennium track, it just took me a few tries. Each retry saw my points go higher that the previous score and unexpectedly I finally got to 1st place. I just made sure I always get the very first corner (from the starting line) right, and retry right away if I don't.

The Miami track which comes after London is a bitch, though I had enough podium points to win the event even if I ended at 3rd place. For some strange reason, it seemed pretty straight forward and "easy" with the Supra, and here I was bitching about how hard drifting is for ages.

Glad that it's out of the way. Now looking at the KOTH trophy next... halfway there as I am already at the Championships, who has the trophy to pass on?

Edited by Naps

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
Bro, I'm in the same boat as time trying. I'll try your setup maybe even tonight, 6/8/14.

5 months later, did you finally nailed it? Hope so! BY the way, if you ever need the KOTH Championship crown... give me a shout... the person I had it reserved for got the plat already....

Edited by Naps

• 3 years later...
Finally after trying to get it for nearly 2 years (or even more I think), I finally defeated Vaughn Gittin Jr on the drift championships. I really suck at drifting, in fact I cursed Slightly Mad Productions for making drifting compulsory in Shift 2 (well that and the BRNO corners of course).

But thanks to this set-up/tune-up (shared in one of the threads):

NFSUnlimited.net - Need for Speed Most Wanted, Hot Pursuit, World, SHIFT and more - SHIFT2 Car Setup

Toyota Supra, and the "turbo" can be adjusted to the second best option if you spin too much on the maxed option.

I still suck at drifting, never got a "perfect" drift, ALWAYS end up with a car without any hood, bumper and spoilers... in other words a total wreck Supra BUT at least I end up 1st - after "several tries"...

To unlock the championship drifting event, you must have at least 20 1st podium finishes from the early events. This is enough for you to "somewhat" get the hang of drifting. Some corners as I have discovered require you to start from 0mph speed while others would need the right speed to give you that perfect slide. We all probably drift differently so just try to get the feel of it.

Just follow the set-up as it is coz I think it's just the right adjustment for the Supra. Perfect actually.

I was able to beat Vaughn almost quite easily on the first and second race... come the London Millennium track, it just took me a few tries. Each retry saw my points go higher that the previous score and unexpectedly I finally got to 1st place. I just made sure I always get the very first corner (from the starting line) right, and retry right away if I don't.

The Miami track which comes after London is a bitch, though I had enough podium points to win the event even if I ended at 3rd place. For some strange reason, it seemed pretty straight forward and "easy" with the Supra, and here I was bitching about how hard drifting is for ages.

Glad that it's out of the way. Now looking at the KOTH trophy next... halfway there as I am already at the Championships, who has the trophy to pass on?

Thanks so much for this!

Just the Endurance boss left to beat and then mastering the tracks for (P)! :)