shift 2 problem

ratedRsuperstar75

if you're playing the game the first time... meaning from scratch... then try deleting the save file... nothing to lose really...

or give it a bit more patience.. leave it to download for up to 20 minutes perhaps... hopefully you'll get past 55%...

If you're going for PLAT... you're in for an "angry ride"...

1. BRNO corners 7-9 were probably created by some sadistic game developer... they're harder than the Nords corners of Shift1...

2. If you hate drifting or suck at it... well you're doomed... you have to beat all rivals including a drifting event for one stupid trophy. Last time I checked, drifting IS NOT RACING... I still can't drift so I'm short of a plat which makes me angry...

3. King of the Hill (online trophy)... you have to win in consecutive events up to the championship... the lobby is almost DEAD and if ever you come across an opponent... be prepared to get smashed and rammed... unless you're also good at defending yourself or doing an offensive maneouver...

----

If you don't care about Plats or missing a few trophies... then enjoy, this is one of the best track/circuit racing games out there...

1. BRNO corners 7-9 were probably created by some sadistic game developer... they're harder than the Nords corners of Shift1...

2. If you hate drifting or suck at it... well you're doomed... you have to beat all rivals including a drifting event for one stupid trophy. Last time I checked, drifting IS NOT RACING... I still can't drift so I'm short of a plat which makes me angry...

3. King of the Hill (online trophy)... you have to win in consecutive events up to the championship... the lobby is almost DEAD and if ever you come across an opponent... be prepared to get smashed and rammed... unless you're also good at defending yourself or doing an offensive maneouver...

OT: 1. Try taking the RL off, the game was designed that the RL doesnt follow where you need to master

2. I had this problem on the wheel. Use the controller, it's about 753 times easier. Also, try this

3. I play fairly, I know i'm good enough that they will make a mistake, you have to know where they'll hit you and just avoid them there! i'm in the final playing legit and fair.

On topic: Save your data to a memory stick or some shit like that and then delete the game data and saved data. Then try again. ;)

Edited by Browneskiii

OT:

Also, try this

3. I play fairly, I know i'm good enough that they will make a mistake, you have to know where they'll hit you and just avoid them there! i'm in the final playing legit and fair.

On topic: Save your data to a memory stick or some shit like that and then delete the game data and saved data. Then try again. ;)

Hrmmm never got this link before... gonna try this one tonight...

As for the KotH, I can only race/drive on bonnet view so I can't tell where they're really at from my behind.. so tough luck for me... about the game save tip, I assume it worked for you... gonna give that a shot as well... maybe even back-up through PSN cloud services...

I just want to get these 2 trophies dealt with... they're a thorn on my NFS/EA racing plat record... my Waterloo...

Hrmmm never got this link before... gonna try this one tonight...

As for the KotH, I can only race/drive on bonnet view so I can't tell where they're really at from my behind.. so tough luck for me... about the game save tip, I assume it worked for you... gonna give that a shot as well... maybe even back-up through PSN cloud services...

I just want to get these 2 trophies dealt with... they're a thorn on my NFS/EA racing plat record... my Waterloo...

I also just drive in the T-Cam (f1 lingo ;)) or cockpit if i can be bothered, but I can just tell when someone is going to ram me, i just turn earlier and let them hit the wall! :D

• 1 year later...

I wonder if this guy ever sorted his problem... I just bought this cheap (been watching too many P Cars videos recently!) and I'm getting the same thing. I only get to 3% though. I've deleted everything and tried again twice as well as disabling Internet to skip the 1.02 update but every time it goes to 3% @ 167mb. I can hear the disc and HDD stop spinning as soon as it gets to 3%

Anyway, I'm going to take it back and get them to test it in store.

Edit: yeah it looks like it was just the disc. I got a replacement and it's currently at 14%

Edit #2: terrible game, duno why I even bothered! lol

Edited by Tay