My, I think, rational opinions of this game

Coudicini

I'll start by saying Shift 2 is obviously not for the general trophy hunter. I spent over 100 hours playing it, and I finally had to give up hope of a platinum, even after 10 hours of successfully boosting the King of the Hill trophy. But I am not here to bash Shift 2, just give opinions that I wish I had seen before I tried it. I am 31 years old and after having a disastrous experience with a PS1 Gran Turismo game I never played racing again until Midnight Club: LA. I had a lot of fun and platinumed it, so I thought how different could Shift 2 be? I was a fool!!!!

I quit Shift 2 during the Modern A races and I beat everything before it, including 35 hours of drifting. I finally used a Nissan 350 with a 444 performance in case you care. I do not think Shift 2 is a bad game no matter how much I raged at it. It is a game for people who are VERY experienced with racing simulators and they are the only ones who will be able to platinum this. I spent hours watching video, trying to tune cars with the help of this forum, and when I did succeed at a race, it felt awesome. But once I hit Modern A and spent 12 hours restarting one race, I knew I was outmatched.

But again, I don't think this is a bad game just because it beat me. I think it looks gorgeous, and when you go to some sites and learn how to set steering sensitivity, etc., it becomes very playable. And the amount of options it gives people who love tuning cars and having to set-up a car and tune for each individual track (which you MOST ASSUREDLY WILL HAVE TO DO on the later career races) is pretty amazing.

I just want to post a general warning that before you try to platinum this game, consider that it was given a 7.7 difficulty by people who are VERY GOOD at racing sims from what I could tell on the posts on the difficulty thread. And even then it was given a 7.7. If you look at my trophies, I obviously go for popular titles and indulge in some of the easy plats out there. But I think I have some moderately hard ones, too. If you go for similar plats, then make sure you know what you are getting in to with Shift 2. It doesn't budge for a second.http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Coudicini.png[/url

It seriously isn't that difficult. My guess is that you just picked the wrong car for Modern A - pick something AWD or FWD. I used Speedhunters Lancer (dlc only) and the Scion Tc you unlock from time attacks and they worked wonderfully.

Consider ramping up the driving aids too - i played till about halfway through the game without any and got fed up with disastrous handling. For example, in GT5 i could handle anything properly w/o any aids but in this one controls are simply too wobbly.

Outside KoTH this is a plat nearly anyone can achieve with some minor dedication.

Never tuned any cars either and used the Drift alliance Nissan + Team NFS RX-8 you unlock @ lvl 5 for drifting.

Edited by DeividHasselhoff

• 2 weeks later...

@ Hasselhoff It seriously is that difficult. I used 10 different cars for Modern A, AWD, FWD, handling assist on, handling assist off. 90 percent of the time, the race would begin with a free-for-all crash, and the other 10 were control nightmares. And this was after beating the rival before Modern A in 2 tries. I played this game for 7 days straight averaging 10 hour sessions, not including the 4 days I spent boosting King of the Hill, so I did put forth at least 'minor' dedication. most of that was for the drifting, which I had never done in a game before.

You're honestly saying this was an easy platinum? What do you consider hard?

Edited by Coudicini
did not specify to whom I was replying

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wait, did you try to play on Easy?

You can win the 75 races on Hard later, you don't have to suffer doing all the career on Hard like I did at the beginning.

For me, the hardest part was boosting for King of the Hill. Extremely time consuming and boring.

The second "hardest" part was redoing races to get to 10M in cash.

All in all I didn't find the game that difficult.