Start Menu Crash?

Hey Guys i have been having problems loading this game up, as soon as i press start i get that screen "checking player profile data... please do not turn off your system"

i cannot even get onto the main menu.

- i have tried to delete version 1.02 - still didnt work

- i copied my current data on a usb and started a new profile which lets me play the game but when i replace the new data to my current data the game will still freeze after i press start.

- ive checked the disc and cleaned it and still freeze at the start menu.

is there anyway i could get this working?

i just need about 8-9 trophies there is no way im going to start again a few reasons.

- ive completed career mode 100%

- ive reached $10 mil money

- i completed around 44 tracks (which was my next target for the trophies.)

- if i did start again i would have to achieve more money to get decent cars to try and master corners.

- and finally theres one trophy called leno would be proud you have to purchase a car of each type and i know you need a lot of money for that.

has anybody experienced this problem as it freezes on the start menu?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey,

I was playing Shift 2 this week and need only 2 trophies to plat it. I was with 6 millions money and played until 8 millions normally. Then I enter the game and it crashes on the checking profile data screen like firts post here.

I tried many things and decided to deleted data file and backup former save data with 6 millions money. Played it again until around 8 millions again and save data corrupted again.

Have anyone fixed this problem? I waste around 20 hours playing this 2 times. Next time I will try play without logout game, but this will be a sucks...

• 4 months later...

i have the same problem :( 7milions done but i didnt have any freez while i was playing that game i just normaly turned off my ps3 like every day and next day i start that game again and save is not working WTF ??? WHyyyY??? "checking player profile data... please do not turn off your system and freeez now :( whyyyyy???