What's the fastest way to get money

fuzziezra

Certainly seems like once you've hit lv20 you hit a brick wall. I got to lv20 fairly quickly, around 20% career done and the vast majority was done from doing rank 1-4 events, but having completed GT3, GT1 and Works, ive only hit $5m career total, thats with 100k+ from rank rewards, 20k from race wins, everything left is small fry in comparison.

I've completed almost 50% career at this point now, and im marginally over 5m (maybe 5.1), havent been online yet to see if there are decent cash rewards from that, but it looks like there might be some grinding from this.

Still have to complete Drift, Muscle, Modern & Endurance, so plenty to do, should get me to 7m+ i'd expect. Endurance doesnt offer much in the way of cash considering they're 40-50min races either :( damn good fun though :D Did the first one at Road America, 20 laps, was on rails.

From what I've seen online, the prizes are $200 - $300 lol. Maybe with more people in a race the payouts are higher, I can't remember.

The highest paying races I've come across so far are $20,000 - $30,000 (I haven't unlocked the GT1 stuff yet, so maybe they pay more?). I figured it would take forever to get a nice collection of supercars, so I just bought that 5 cars for $7 DLC from the PSN store. Pitiful, I know :D

I don't imagine that counts towards the $10 million trophy though.

Rumor has it that some upcoming (probably paid) DLC will raise the driver level, so we'll have to wait and see.

From what I've seen online, the prizes are $200 - $300 lol. Maybe with more people in a race the payouts are higher, I can't remember.

The highest paying races I've come across so far are $20,000 - $30,000 (I haven't unlocked the GT1 stuff yet, so maybe they pay more?). I figured it would take forever to get a nice collection of supercars, so I just bought that 5 cars for $7 DLC from the PSN store. Pitiful, I know :D

I don't imagine that counts towards the $10 million trophy though.

Rumor has it that some upcoming (probably paid) DLC will raise the driver level, so we'll have to wait and see.

Yeah, once you hit level 20, it tells you "You have reached the currently-allowed maximum Driver Level"

Let's hope we get some new cars and tracks as later unlocks in DLC.

Daytona (+ its road courses), Yas Marina, Autódromo José Carlos Pace, Valencia Street Circuit, Albert Park, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve and Circuit De La Sarthe plz! :D

Also, a New York stree circuit would be amazing.

some of the DLC info was leaked, only talks about cars though, no tracks really.

Shift 2 DLC packs information! Updated 31/03/2011 - NFS Shift Series General Discussion - Need for Speed: EA Forums

anyways about the money thing yeah its gonna take some grinding. Im at 82% on my career and Im only at $6.7 Million! Online payouts are a joke honestly so dont expect too much from those.

Do we know if pressing :circle: to redo the race will keep adding to the race earnings, or do you need to exit and then load the track up again?

Still sounds pretty boring though, i must say. I gave up on F1 2010 because i calculated that even by boosting online at rank 38 to get to rank 50 would take 17hrs give or take 5-10min. Thats the only trophy stopping me from getting the plat. Im not spending 17hrs driving around Montreal cutting the track vs AI, and im not spending double that vs people who cant drive and wreck you at T1, having spent 10min waiting for a lobby to start only to find the host has fallen asleep and wasnt waiting for a full lobby...

Ive still got a few races to go to beat all the rivals, then i have no offline races to complete which are linked to trophies, just the 10m earnings. If this one is looking like a dull grind (and i completed GT5 on my own in 2 months and 7 days!) then im not even going to bother with the 10hr online, i'll get the doable trophies and then its getting sold while it has value. I'll rent it in 6mo time if i fancy jumping on it for a bit.

Do we know if pressing :circle: to redo the race will keep adding to the race earnings, or do you need to exit and then load the track up again?

I have tested this, you can just hit circle and keep replaying it, the money keeps getting added. That being said, I feel that the 3ish minute Silverstone National at $22k a pop on hard is the way to go for grindage. (GT3 Series, Silverstone Day & Night race, 1st race of 1st series, like one of the above posts mentioned)

Edited by ClayPigeon

• 3 weeks later...

I bought one car of every manufacture, but I hadn't enough money for the Veyron :( Need 700.000 more but I finished the game.

It is too bad you can't sell the cars you win from the rivals (you can sell them, but you get $0 for it).

I bought one car of every manufacture, but I hadn't enough money for the Veyron :( Need 700.000 more but I finished the game.

It is too bad you can't sell the cars you win from the rivals (you can sell them, but you get $0 for it).

I added all the possible reward cars in my guide the other day. That way one doesn't have to get into a situation of buying a McLaren F1 if they didn't want to :)

• 2 weeks later...

a tip for getting to 10,000000 quick do the 3 races on the hockernhaim day and night in gt1 event which gives you 27000 for a win and 100000 for winning series but when you finish last race just redo it over and over cus you keep getting the 27 thou and the 100000 so it clocks the money up quicker

• 2 years later...
a tip for getting to 10,000000 quick do the 3 races on the hockernhaim day and night in gt1 event which gives you 27000 for a win and 100000 for winning series but when you finish last race just redo it over and over cus you keep getting the 27 thou and the 100000 so it clocks the money up quicker

Not working any more :( i complited all 3 races and didnt get any 100k$ extra

But you can repeat race 3 couse it have only 3lap and you can beat them i 4min30s +/- so far it's best race for biggest money i found :D

Edited by Lijon88