The Official Tracks/Corners Mastering thread

Lets hear which tracks/corners you're all struggling with....

Couple of the Miami Bicentennial corners are difficult, but not struggling too hard personally, at the moment.

That said, I havent even got onto the Nurburgring and the variants yet.....Pretty sure everyones had flashbacks of the Karussell, but I'm sure theres gonna be a handful of tracks that are horrible to master.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not struggling on any of them, do most of them first time, and jackC8 i know where you mean, just ease of the power a bit, brake coming in and dont power untill your out

I got that one last night, just used a different car. Also happy to report I mastered the Karussell. Didn't even have the driving line turned on, just having some fun doing laps in the Radical and happened to hit it right. :D

I'm sure there's some corner lurking out there somewhere that's going to be a pain though.

It's much easier in this game than in the first Shift to master corners.

In the first one, you had to brake once, turn in once, turn out once and accelerate once, all whilst staying pretty much dead on the line.

Whereas with Shift 2, you just need to have atleast one wheel on the line through the corner. You can accelerate and brake and much as you want, you can wiggle across the line and you can oversteer (kick the tail out and skid out of the exit) and you'll still master the corner. It's quite easy to master each corner with a slow car, too.

Shouldn't prove too difficult to master most of the corners. the Nordschleife will still be a bitch, though.

Edited by Catscan93

I just got night rider trophy today and im 2 corners away from getting day walker trophy too.

I'm having problems on BRNO circuit,the 7th and 9th corners.ive tried doing them with braking assist on and off,ive used the same cars for doing all the other corners/tracks without a hitch.

Anyone else struggling on this track?

Yep sure did,there were 2 others that gave me a headache.

Ebisu Circuit Touge Course-final 2 corners,a very sharp right downhill into a not so tight left.managed to master them using the Team Need For Speed Mazda RX-7 (fc35) as i found it steered into the corner more tightly and quickly than the other cars i used.

Then there was a very tight hairpin (1st corner) on Miami Bicentennial Park Route.had to use the Caterham Superlight R500 as it was the only one that accelerated quick enough out of the bend without going off line.

Im still at a loss with the 2 corners on BRNO,ive tried every car now except for the Maclaren as i haven't got round to buying it yet.its frustrating as ive mastered all the other corners at at all speeds-even as slow as 40mph,but these 2 are not changing from amber to green.

I just got night rider trophy today and im 2 corners away from getting day walker trophy too.

I'm having problems on BRNO circuit,the 7th and 9th corners.ive tried doing them with braking assist on and off,ive used the same cars for doing all the other corners/tracks without a hitch.

same here struggling with those corners too, tried a lot of fast cars and a lot of slow cars and nothing, dont know what seems to be the problem here tho, any1 any advice? it would be much appreciated.

i knwo the ones ur talking about. I got them with a lancer evo with upgraded tires/supension only. try that see if it works for u.

corner mastering is much easier in this one. I mastered that dreaded karrasul corner with a stock Bugatti on my 2nd try!

Thanks for your tip,i tried the Lancer with the setup you suggested and managed to master corner 9. corner 7 still giving me problems so i went searching and found a video,looks like it is a pain in the ass and not just me being a noob.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mkVCIOGJ60]YouTube - Shift 2 Unleashed BRNO Corner 7 Mastered[/ame]

I'll be trying this for sure! Hope this helps others who are having problems too.

Thanks for your tip,i tried the Lancer with the setup you suggested and managed to master corner 9. corner 7 still giving me problems so i went searching and found a video,looks like it is a pain in the ass and not just me being a noob.

YouTube - Shift 2 Unleashed BRNO Corner 7 Mastered

I'll be trying this for sure! Hope this helps others who are having problems too.

How did you get day walker and night rider without mastering all corners ? what are the requirements for those 2 trophies? =(

Edit : Just mastered All corners in Brno

Edited by duck360

You don't need to master all corners at BRNO at night to get night rider trophy.if you go onto autolog-profile-view all badges earned then click R1 and select tracks mastered,you will see what tracks you need to complete and at what time of day.

Ive just mastered BRNO thanks to REDD214's advice and by watching that video,in the end i went round with the guide line off and followed the tyre tracks instead.

I now have day walker trophy too! :D

Just got to complete the 75 wins on hard and online trophies for plat.

Oh and earning 10million and leno would be proud trophies.:doh:

Edited by shadymathers

You don't need to master all corners at BRNO at night to get night rider trophy.if you go onto autolog-profile-view all badges earned then click R1 and select tracks mastered,you will see what tracks you need to complete and at what time of day.

Ive just mastered BRNO thanks to REDD214's advice and by watching that video,in the end i went round with the guide line off and followed the tyre tracks instead.

I now have day walker trophy too! :D

Just got to complete the 75 wins on hard and online trophies for plat.

Oh and earning 10million and leno would be proud trophies.:doh:

75 different event wins ? or it's ok to be same ?=P

I found another little cornering gem yesterday. The old Volkswagen Golf. Do yourself a favor and go spend $4500 on it. I hadnt raced at thr full Nordscliefe at night, used the golf and mastered all 37 corners in 2 laps! The car is slow as molassas but it handles like a go kart, it does exactly what you tell it to no sliding at all. Dont expect to set any autolog records with it though as it struggles to get to 100mph but many corners I was having issues with I tackled with this car 1st try. Got the Night Rider Trophy last night and only have one track left to get the Day walker trophy. Dont be foolded by the 50 performance index lol, this car is a corner destroyer!!

I found another little cornering gem yesterday. The old Volkswagen Golf. Do yourself a favor and go spend $4500 on it. I hadnt raced at thr full Nordscliefe at night, used the golf and mastered all 37 corners in 2 laps! The car is slow as molassas but it handles like a go kart, it does exactly what you tell it to no sliding at all. Dont expect to set any autolog records with it though as it struggles to get to 100mph but many corners I was having issues with I tackled with this car 1st try. Got the Night Rider Trophy last night and only have one track left to get the Day walker trophy. Dont be foolded by the 50 performance index lol, this car is a corner destroyer!!

Omg you're right lol. Someone give this lad a cookie medal.