75 Wins on Hard

freezy89

Why not just play thru the game on hard and kill 2 birds with one stone? Seems inefficient to race the same track over and over again just to get wins when you will have to pick up wins anyways to progress thru your career. I guess if you just want to play the game on easy it makes sense but why not challenge yourself to get better by playing on hard? just my $0.02.

Why not just play thru the game on hard and kill 2 birds with one stone? Seems inefficient to race the same track over and over again just to get wins when you will have to pick up wins anyways to progress thru your career. I guess if you just want to play the game on easy it makes sense but why not challenge yourself to get better by playing on hard? just my $0.02.

I Agree with you but my trick is for ppls who want to boost lvl and cash also ,its a bit tricky to win on the begging of the game without car tuning

I Agree with you but my trick is for ppls who want to boost lvl and cash also ,its a bit tricky to win on the begging of the game without car tuning

Yes, but his point is, you'll still need to beat the game and reach the FIA GTI Championship, so its slightly counter-productive to play the same race 50/75 times, when thats what you'll need to do in the Career mode anyway.

Yes, but his point is, you'll still need to beat the game and reach the FIA GTI Championship, so its slightly counter-productive to play the same race 50/75 times, when thats what you'll need to do in the Career mode anyway.

Sure but Rustle Creek circuit takes above 2 mins to complete , so its 1/4 time to get the trophy for 75 wins on hard:)

Edited by freezy89
misstake on word

I have just received my copy of Shift 2 in the post today, so I haven't had a chance to play it. But could you use the same technique that was used in the original Shift, start a quick race and set the difficulty to hard and the AI to zero?

Like I said, the game isn't even out of the wrapper yet. I am just thinking out loud :whistle:

Oops! I just saw the mention of "Career Event" in the trophy descriptions

Forget I said anything :whistle:

Edited by FodderBhoy

Couple of things to mention for this trophy.

Personally, Hard AI isn't too challenging if you're used to racing games, but you'll need to be a bit agressive if you're stuck behind someone. Make your own racing lines, cut kerbs and smash into their doors and use them as a barrier for slower corners if you must.

Whilst hard AI can be beaten on the racing circuits if you're skilled, I find it impossible to win on the narrow street circuits. They just smash into you on the slow corners and it's really difficult to overtake them if they get ahead. So I tend to put it on easy for those races, then back on hard for the track circuits.

One last thing I noticed that seems to have carried on from the first Shift; I earned the Sports License trophy (Won 25 Career events on Easy difficulty or higher) straight after coming 2nd in a race, which would indicate that any podium position counts as having "won" the race.

i.e. you don't need to get 75 1st places on Hard mode, just 75 podiums on hard.

Couple of things to mention for this trophy.

Personally, Hard AI isn't too challenging if you're used to racing games, but you'll need to be a bit agressive if you're stuck behind someone. Make your own racing lines, cut kerbs and smash into their doors and use them as a barrier for slower corners if you must.

Whilst hard AI can be beaten on the racing circuits if you're skilled, I find it impossible to win on the narrow street circuits. They just smash into you on the slow corners and it's really difficult to overtake them if they get ahead. So I tend to put it on easy for those races, then back on hard for the track circuits.

One last thing I noticed that seems to have carried on from the first Shift; I earned the Sports License trophy (Won 25 Career events on Easy difficulty or higher) straight after coming 2nd in a race, which would indicate that any podium position counts as having "won" the race.

i.e. you don't need to get 75 1st places on Hard mode, just 75 podiums on hard.

Podiums? really?

I've played the game legit/normal, got the 75 wins fairly easily, and im only 21% complete and lv20 already. I cant see why anyone would need to repeat races its not exactly hard.

Is the XP significantly better for hard or based on the settings you use, cos i've spent most of my time playing with my D class car, and then made the leap to GT3 (which only gives a bit more money, rather than XP it seems). Surely if im at lv20 and ive barely completed 1/5 of the events, there is an XP multiplier based on the difficulty & aids used? I've seen friends with 40% completion still on lv15 n stuff.

My advice : U can do this replaying same Circuit, i prefer Rustle creek 'USA'

Its an Drift Event , very easy

U will also Do here 25 wins , 50 wins

There is a quicker track to do this on.goto Drift-Irwindale Wheels On Fire Festival-Toyota Speedway.its 2 laps and the score to beat is only 153 which will guarantee you 1st place.:p

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...