but when it says 19 out of 30 arrows
is that for the part im (ministry quarter) looking in
or is it for the whole game
because i can not find any more!

edit : found them, it was 19 out of 20
very annoying
still got other dsitricts to go aswell
this is very boring...

Last edited by Harry White; 01-30-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Harry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #22
Grafinenko

Awards Showcase Bronzer Than Nothing   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Submission   1,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)

I did not really need the guide but it looks very good and complete

Last edited by Grafinenko; 02-07-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Grafinenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:29 AM   #23
Pierce

Are those trophies with "in the story mode" in their description missable? Like Apocalypsflow or Fashionista (collect 50 clothing items in story mode), must they be done before completing the story? I have not done any challenge at all (putting them off till I finish the story), so I have not collected any clothing other than what's given as part of the story. Should I worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Buu View Post
for Apocalypsflow, I got that trophy from Downtown District by using most of the shaping rails and savior shaping in midair. To me, it sounds more eaiser because you gain a better combo by grinding rail to rail and jump/kickfliping. Also if you're in midair while grinding off a building, use the savior shaping ( ) to save yourself from losing points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyLight View Post
I would say that way is not a bad way to go. I'd consider it quicker than my method but you also have to wait until the end of the game to do it, because Savior Rails are the last thing you open. Without Savior Rails there is a potential to fall and have the flow broken. So I think my method is safer (can't fall in a ramp) but yours is quicker.
There is a similar way to get it on Rising Island, where the bowl BobbyLight suggested is located. Just look up from the bowl, there is a broken stone ring/circle above. You can fix the ring by shaping rails. There are multiple rails you can shape to get onto the ring. So just set the option to display balance meter, get on the ring, fix it, and grind along it in circle non-stop, just have to keep your balance (no sweat). Quick and easy, no savior rail needed. (For me, when I fixed the ring, I made one rail go up before going down to join up with the ring. Not sure if that's what allowed the perpetual motion.)

Also on Rising Island, there are 3 pools. One of them is a small one, shaped like a medicine capsule. That one is perfect for doing the spin and grab, as it is small and narrow, much easier/quicker to pump up and down than the big bowl.

Last edited by Pierce; 02-23-2011 at 05:48 AM.
Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:08 AM   #24
Pierce

When I did my clean-up to find some of the last collectibles, I had difficulty following a few of the location as described in the guide. Please allow me to go into a lot more detail:

Quote:
Midtown Quarter - Secret Chest
Inside of a garage in the southeastern corner of the map. Use shaping rails to get it.
This is not inside the garage. At the southeastern corner of the map, there is an open garage that you can enter, with a small ram inside. You want to first get to the roof of this open garage. (You have to go quite a long way and eventually reach the roof of the building on the opposite side of the street and use shaping rail from there.) Once you are on the roof of the open garage, you will see a shaping rail there. Hop onto the rail and ride it upwards to the roof of the building on the left. The chest is on that roof.

Quote:
Midtown Quarter - Secret Chest
Near the gas station there is a roof that you can get onto and it will be there. Facing the gas station use shaping rails to get on top of the awning at the gas station and then ride towards the gas station to the roof right above it. You'll find it back here.
Just to describe that place first. You have the gas pump area of the gas station, then on its left, the cashier/shop area of the gas station (there is a "coffee" sign on its window), on the left, there is a 3-storey building with lots of windows and red & white triangle flags in front. To its left, a 2-storey building, and at the corner a Wendy's with a "macncheez" billboard on its roof.

Use the shaping rail in front of the gas pump area, ride it to the roof of the cashier/shop. From there, you are at the rooftop area behind the other 3 buildings. You will see a small ram going up to the top of the 2-storey building. (There is a black & white painting of a chick there.) The chest should be there. (Disclaimer: I actually got this one earlier, but the description in the guide made me wonder whether I did. Hope I remembered the location correctly.)

Quote:
Ministry Quarter - Secret Chest
Find a building with a unicorn on it in the southeastern corner of the map. There is a shaping rail directly across that you can use to get up there.
This is not at the southeastern corner of the map. In the eastern area of the map, along the street where the skate shop is located, right at the end you will see a big unicorn on the wall. You cannot see the chest or access the roof from here.

Open the map, look for a "Checkpoints" challenge somewhere near the center (if you zoom out the map) or west of the map, place a marker, follow the marker to the challenge. At the challenge, face south. Ahead of you, there will be a big slope going down to the right and a small slope (with fence) going up to the right. Take the small slope up. As you go up the small slope (you are actually facing west), at the top of the slope (you are now on the 2nd level), ahead of you on the other side of the fence, there is a shaping railing pointing to your right (if you look to the right, you will see a big unicorn on the wall of the building). You need to run around to build up momentum, jump over a fence, then ride the shaping rail up towards the roof of the unicorn building. The chest is on that roof.

Quote:
Rising Island - Secret Chest
The first one is right after you get into the main part of the park. As soon as you enter you will see a large tower like structure with two shaping ramps inside of it. You will need shaping rails to get here and it's kind of a big line you have to set up. Once you get onto the tower you can go inside the dome and the chest is right in the center.
Just want to mention how to get up there. Near the entrance to the amusement park, there is a structure with blue spiral rails. The spiral is broken, so you can't go too high, but it doesn't matter, you are actually trying to go down, building up momentum, as at the end, there is a shaping rail you can ride up to the platform on the dome structure (looks more like a dung beetle). (To get onto the spiral, you have to use the broken red railroad track type of rails.) Once you are on the dome's platform you will see the chest (you cannot see the chest from ground level). There are 2 verts there that you can use to reach an orange collectible arrow (which you can see from ground level).

Quote:
Downtown Quarter - Skate Shop
Near the Shaun White Challenge in this area (opposite the large screen in the center of this area)
There is no large screen in the center, or anywhere, in this area. The center is a bowl where you do the Shaun White Challenge. It's the building far opposite the Sorel. There is an Oakley billboard on top of the building. At ground level, you can see a number of shutters with M logo on them. Above the purple/orange awning, the sign says "Open World". There's a few steps of stairs, and some red fences leading to the store. You have to jump over the stairs, get close to influence it. (It's not exactly at ground level, due to the stairs, so any shockwave from level 2 or 3 flow by jumping around may not hit/unlock it.)

Last edited by Pierce; 02-23-2011 at 05:59 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:44 AM   #25
Pierce

Tips on a couple of challenges:

Quote:
Ministry Quarter - The Great White Flow: This one takes place on top of the Ministry building and it's not too hard as you can go on long grind combos around the building over and over again. NOTE that you will find one of the Treasure Chests you need to find on the side of the building.
Doing long grind along the perimeter on the roof of the building might not get you a lot of flow, as you need to be in perfect balance to accumulate flow, which is hard to do when grinding here. Using the verts there on the roof doesn't net you a lot of flow fast enough as the opposite verts are quite far apart.

A quicker way is actually back on the ground level. Remember the 'moat' or trench that runs along the sides and back of the building? There is a "Halfpipe Collectibles" challenge there at the back where you have to collect 8 faces by pumping up and down the trench, or halfpipe. The halfpipe there near that challenge is perfect as you can reach very high and do lots of spins and grab, netting about 150-200 flows per jump and can be done very quickly.

So when the Shaun White challenge starts, you are on a higher platform facing the hill at the back of the building. Just rush ahead, don't step onto the shaping rail that is pointing to your right, instead just jump off at the end of the platform. Use savior rail (press O) a couple of times (you get flow for doing that too), this should land you near the halfpipe collectibles challenge. Use that area to get the flows easily.

On the roof, near the Shaun White challenge, there is another "Flow" challenge. You can also use the same trick to get a gold easily.

Quote:
Downtown - The Great White Airtime: I was kind of confused on this one because I kept pumping up and down the side of the bowl (hold left stick up) but that wasn't enough. You have to hit X as soon as you are about to launch from the ramp as this gives the extra air you need to complete this.
Right from the start of the challenge (or start of a retry), I rubberband the left stick of my controller to always push up (you don't need to move it otherwise during the challenge). At the center (bottom) of the bowl, there is a circular picture with a thick rim. As you go down and pass the center point, when you are then going up, the moment you reach the thick rim of that picture (not the rim of the bowl itself, just the circular picture at the center/bottom), press X twice (no pause in between). The 'double jump' will reach great height. I finished the challenge with 45s to spare.

- The "Downtown Yamakazi" challenge doesn't seem to count towards the Speed Bomber trophy.

Last edited by Pierce; 02-23-2011 at 06:02 AM.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:00 AM   #26
C Section02

If I find a chest and it won't open nor prompt the press x to open message do I need to start again or what?

It's the one near the unicorn wall in ministry.
C Section02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:11 PM   #27
barriebar17

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Section02 View Post
If I find a chest and it won't open nor prompt the press x to open message do I need to start again or what?

It's the one near the unicorn wall in ministry.
I had exactly the same situation. But I found out I allready had that chest! it glitched and suddenly was there again but it dissapeared later on. Find the other chests, you allready got this one.

Just got my plat, MANY thanks for this quide! Would have gotten plat by my self but it helped me get the chests out the way very quick.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:27 AM   #28
HolysinsX

Hey,Sorry to interupt but,i need help on the trophy where you have to capture 10 Flow thingys ..The guy who helped me was a 8 year old kid..( ) he didnt know how to do tricks and always sended me messeges about Club Penguins and where i live and ect xD i was hoping if you or someone else can help me on this guide...btw GOOD GUIDE
HolysinsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:30 AM   #29
HolysinsX

Platinum Trophy

Hey.Can you spare some minutes and help me get the 10 capture flow thingy Online trophy? or is it too late..its okay i just tought i might get a chance for a platinum xD sorry if i post this 2 times ..im new to the site btw good guide
HolysinsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #30
The-Captain-388

Awards Showcase Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

For Shaping Blitz, can you do the same thing as Absolute Truth, in that you could just trade shaping back & forth with your partner? Wasn't sure how everyone got this one, since it's kind of tough to get otherwise...

Unless you can just re-shape (with ) the same object over and over. Can you just do that instead?

Last edited by The-Captain-388; 04-11-2011 at 07:53 PM.
The-Captain-388 is offline   Reply With Quote