A Manual Marathon Challenge Glitched.

Is there a work around to get to this challenge area? I didn't touch any of the challenges til the end of the game. This challenge is in the downtown quarter area. It's where you first meet that high pitched skinny guy(guy after meeting the one from the skate shop). I enter the area and there's a quarter pipe to get up to the next platform, but every time I skate to it, I go right through it. Is there another way up? I can't figure out how to fix the quarter pipe =/

EDIT: Figured something out, if you start from the far side and go back and forth from wall to wall grinding either of the three rails down, you can get a ton of speed, so when you get enough, launch off the quarter pipe(15 feet from the one that doesn't work) and launch way right, then spam circle to make sure you get a created rail high enough and arc it up and ollie at the end, I just barely made it. It's tough, but luckily it's still possible and i don't have to break this game in half.

EDIT 2: Also figured out you don't have to complete every challenge in the game... So I'd ignore this one if you've already beat the game.

Edited by SirkSirk