Master Batter

PsychoZ

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got the trophy in a really wierd way. I started playing the game yesterday and got to 8 world and then I lost all my lifes, I didn't choose continue and turned of my ps3. I continued today and finished the rest of the game and POP, the master batter trophy popped up. I don't know if this can help anyone, but apparently you can go around the requirements for this trophy.

• 2 months later...

I just got the trophy around 15 mins. ago, and there is an even easier way around it. The second you fail, simply start mashing "Start" button. You will not be able to open the menu straight away, you firstly need to watch your bat explode and stuff, but you can easily open it before the "Game Over" screen appears, which gives you the option to continue. So, when you open the menu, restart the level. As long as you beat all the worlds in ONE SITTING, and restart the level BEFORE the continue screen appears, you WILL get the trophy. I got beaten by world 9 boss around 6 times and each time I died I simply restarted the level. Unfortunately, the guide tells you to start all over again when you fail, God forbid you do that, unless you want to get the trophy fair & square, which would be awesome, so I'll write the maker of the guide about this method. :dance:

• 4 weeks later...

Here's my story on this:

- Beat the story game mode many moons ago using normal methods

- Fired it up this week, started on world 10

- As I was relearning the game, died a few times

- Used the start button mash to restart world instead of continuing...probably did this 3-4 times (yeah I know, I suck...)

- Ended up finally beating world 10 w/o continuing

- Ding, trophy popped!

Pretty easy actually...world 10 isn't that tough with a tiny bit of practice and a little skill. I have no idea/clue/memory of what I did on worlds 1-9 on previous runs months/years ago. I doubt I made it to world 10 without continuing but I really am not positive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

wtf, the trophy says to beat the game without using a continue. You guys are saying you can just do the final level without using a continue.

I just did that and didn't get the trophy. I died a few times, but I managed to get a lot of 1up's so I never had to use a continue.

wtf??? :confused:

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Damn glad I saw this thread after umpteen attempts at this trophy. The guy who made the trophy guide should really add it in.

The starting from World 10 didn't work for me. I had to start from World 1. I assume this has something to do with how many continues you had on your first playthrough. For example if you already made it World 3 without a continue, then you could attempt this trophy from World 3 to the end. I'm only speculating of course.

• 7 months later...
I can as well confirm that it works to manually 'restart world' if you die. Definately add it to the guide

Worked for me too. I restarted world multiple times on world 8,9,10 and Master Batter still unlocked after beating the game. I thought I messed up, during world 8, but the trick is after losing all balls, spam the start button and select restart world when it comes up.

You can do this even after you get the 'Lost all lives' screen with a 'continue :cross:' showing in the lower right corner of the screen.