Under 7 Minutes Boss Rush Possible?

GorgeousDre

People keep arguing with me about how much luck there is to a good time and here is the deal:

It is 80% Luck and only 20% Skill.

This does not mean that no skill is required. You still have to be really good at what you do. But, there are MANY and I mean MANY things that determine a good time (under 10 minutes) from an amazing time (under 8 minutes) to a straight up Redonkulous time (under 7 minutes).

And THAT is what makes it 80% Luck and 20% Skill. It takes skill to get less that 10 minutes, but you aren't going to go far without enough luck

I now average about 8:30 each time I try. It takes luck to get lower and knowledge on what to do once luck sides in your favor.

There is an incredible amount of luck involved in this (as with Magic Ball), and to have trophies based mostly on luck seems far too arbitrary. I'm not saying no skill is involved, but to try to do something mostly luck-based in a very short space of time is very unfair. Sure, some people might get the trophy first time; but I doubt even the average avid gamer would get it on their 10th attempt.

~ squodge ~

It's possible, but you'd have to have an entirely clean run. If you get a five minute run on the first eight bosses and then add a really good Xenon Queen run (it's possible to do that in just above a minute) and a really good last boss run (possible to get around 40 seconds), then you have under 7 minutes.

Pssst

Hey Rampidzier

Pssst

Go look at the Leaderboard...

lol

Oh and I used your guide as a link in my mini-FAQ on gamefaqs.com:

Official Shatter FAQ: All You Need to Know - Shatter Message Board for PlayStation 3 - GameFAQs

Tell me what you think! I gave you credit. Don't worry ;)

Funny that you seemed to post without reading. And the last boss can be beaten in a matter of 25 seconds if you have SS and 3 or more balls. I would really like to see what my cumulative time would be if they took all my best times for each boss. I would imagine sub 5 minutes for sure.

Edited by GorgeousDre

Thanks,

I should have gotten about 10 seconds faster but I aimed my last ball a bit too high and had to wait for the next time he opened up.

I still hold that 6:30 is possible if Xenon Queen doesn't trip you up. That is probably the most random boss. You can beat it anywhere from 20 seconds to 1:45 and think you were doing everything right. All luck for that one I'm afraid.

Pssst

Hey Rampidzier

Pssst

Go look at the Leaderboard...

lol

Oh and I used your guide as a link in my mini-FAQ on gamefaqs.com:

Official Shatter FAQ: All You Need to Know - Shatter Message Board for PlayStation 3 - GameFAQs

Tell me what you think! I gave you credit. Don't worry ;)

Funny that you seemed to post without reading. And the last boss can be beaten in a matter of 25 seconds if you have SS and 3 or more balls. I would really like to see what my cumulative time would be if they took all my best times for each boss. I would imagine sub 5 minutes for sure.

Can't look at the leaderboard. PS3 is broke, which is why I haven't been able to try out Boss Mode strats.

And I haven't looked at the link yet, but I was giving a theoretical situation to answer the question. I wouldn't be surprised if sub five would happen with all of the fastest times. There's gotta be a way to make Xenon Queen less random.

Thanks RD.

I would update my FAQ with all of my new techniques and tricks, but I really don't want to give anything away. There are VERY particular things that I do on about half of the bosses that put me ahead of the pack. I can now beat Block O Clock in less than 20 seconds with my new tactics. I can also sometimes beat Cold Shoulder without him even "flipping out". Definitely saves a lot of time.

Just good to know that nobody has found these things out :D

Thanks RD.

I would update my FAQ with all of my new techniques and tricks, but I really don't want to give anything away. There are VERY particular things that I do on about half of the bosses that put me ahead of the pack. I can now beat Block O Clock in less than 20 seconds with my new tactics. I can also sometimes beat Cold Shoulder without him even "flipping out". Definitely saves a lot of time.

Just good to know that nobody has found these things out :D

I thought this forum was about helping people out with tactics, not about bragging? Or am I missing something? I doubt I'll ever get anywhere near your time, but then I'm nearly 35 so my reactions aren't as good as some people's :(

~ squodge ~

I thought this forum was about helping people out with tactics, not about bragging? Or am I missing something? I doubt I'll ever get anywhere near your time, but then I'm nearly 35 so my reactions aren't as good as some people's :(

~ squodge ~

Don't worry, man, I'm nearly 35 too, while we may not have lightning reflexes anymore our colossal XP makes up for it :cool:.

~ squodge ~

yeah he's kindof a douche.

Well, i did the boss rush yesterday in 9:10ish on my 4th attempt. ranked around 64th on 4 tries, so this guy is bragging over not much imo.

1st attempt it took me 16 mins.

2nd attempt after watching a youtube clip i did it in 10:30. I felt really dumb but during my first go it never dawned on me to launch 2-3 at nearly all times durng *most* bosses.

3rd attempt i accidentally died on xenon queen and restarted.

4th attempt got it, and beat xenon queen in like 20ish seconds.

Goal for xenon queen is to get a ball stuck in her as she's closing her defenses. Im not sure if it willl stay in with a regular one, because she wont close all the way with it still in there, bt with maneuvry-ball you can keep it in there pretty easy by just blowing out whe its in there. presumably the timing has to be right tho.

10 mins was pretty easy actually once you start launching tons of balls.

Thats my trick i found by accident on xenon queen anyways. theres some other good trategies on youtube in a video iwatched of a guy doing it in, something like, 8:40. (ps3 keupad sucks, sorry for spelling) just need the 10 mil bonus now, tha one i find a lot harder, highest sofar is 9.6 mil

Edited by logan858

yeah he's kindof a douche.

Well, i did the boss rush yesterday in 9:10ish on my 4th attempt. ranked around 64th on 4 tries, so this guy is bragging over not much imo.

1st attempt it took me 16 mins.

2nd attempt after watching a youtube clip i did it in 10:30. I felt really dumb but during my first go it never dawned on me to launch 2-3 at nearly all times durng *most* bosses.

3rd attempt i accidentally died on xenon queen and restarted.

4th attempt got it, and beat xenon queen in like 20ish seconds.

Goal for xenon queen is to get a ball stuck in her as she's closing her defenses. Im not sure if it willl stay in with a regular one, because she wont close all the way with it still in there, bt with maneuvry-ball you can keep it in there pretty easy by just blowing out whe its in there. presumably the timing has to be right tho.

10 mins was pretty easy actually once you start launching tons of balls.

Thats my trick i found by accident on xenon queen anyways. theres some other good trategies on youtube in a video iwatched of a guy doing it in, something like, 8:40. (ps3 keupad sucks, sorry for spelling) just need the 10 mil bonus now, tha one i find a lot harder, highest sofar is 9.6 mil

Thanks for the tip, Xenon Queen pwns me every time (in terms of time), so it's good that you can share some tips. I hope you go on to top of that table, maybe after another four attempts :D

~ squodge ~