Shatter - Road Map and Trophy Guide

Northelimcg

http://playstationlifestyle.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/shatter-psn.jpg

Credit to an Unknown person for the banner.

Road Map

Overview:

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 7/10 (Trophy Difficulty Rating)
  • Offline trophies: 18 (15(B), 3(S))
  • Online trophies: 0
  • Approximate amount of time to 100%: 6-35hrs, depending on skill (Estimated Time to 100%)
  • Minimum number of playthroughs: 2
  • Number of missable trophies: None
  • Glitched trophies: None
  • Does difficulty affect trophies?: Yes, you must finish the game in Boss Rush Mode.
  • Do trophies stack?: No
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats available.

Introduction:

Shatter is an innovative recreation of old style Arkanoid and new interesting mechanics. With it's interesting futuristic looking theme, great gameplay, great soundtrack and do-able trophies this should be a blast. The game is full of bright colours and attractive graphics and an interesting gameplay of blowing wind and sucking in the air for specific ways of getting through the bosses and certain bricks.

Walkthrough:

The game consists of 18 Trophies, 15 Bronze and 3 Silver. The first trophies that you will get are easily attainable by playing through the Story Mode. You get a trophy every time you beat a World that consists of 7 waves and there are a total of 10 worlds. You get 9 Bronze for the first 9 Worlds and 1 Silver for beating the final 10th World, that instantly knocks of 10 trophies out of 18.

There are also 3 secret trophies which are pretty easy to get if you follow the Trophy Guide. One is as simple as not using a single Storm Shard throughout 1 wave. The second Secret trophy is to collect 95% of the fragments you will easily get this just by sucking in every fragment in a single wave that comes out every brick by holding :l1:. The Final secret trophy is to simple use a Storm Shard on the last brick that is left in the wave.

That knocks out a total of 13 trophies with 3 more bronze and 2 silvers left.

The other two bronze are pretty easy, all you have to do is trigger a shard storm for one and for second launch multiple balls into play which is extremely easy and the last bronze asks you to get 10,000,000 in Bonus Mode which is a bit challenging but far far from impossible

That knocks out 16 total with 2 Silvers left which are the hardest trophies in the game. The Boss trophy asks you to beat all the bosses in game below 10 minute mark and 2nd trophy to play through the entire Story Mode without using a continue if you lose all your lives.

Edited by Terminator
Guide Revisions by Terminator 12/01/2015.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/179/14.jpg Overkill (B)(H)

Destroy the last brick with a fresh Shard Storm

This is pretty easy, save your Shard Storm power up until there is 1 brick left in the level. Now press :triangle: to activate your power and destroy the last remaining brick with the Shard Storm. Do this in Wave 1 in the first world (Kinetic Harvest). I got this in 1 shot.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/179/13.jpg Shardenfreude (B)(H)

Collect 95% of all fragments on any wave.

Also really easy, simply keep destroying bricks and collect all the power ups you can, you must hold :l1: to suck every fragment that comes out the destroyed bricks. You should get this at the end of Wave 1 (World 1 ~ Kinetic Harvest). I got it without even trying to get it.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/179/15.jpg Old School (B)(H)

Complete a wave without using Blow, Suck, or a Shard Storm.

This is really easy, just do not use Blow, Suck or a Shard Storm from the beginning of the wave. The easiest wave to do this one is Wave 1 on World 1 which is Kinetic Harvest.

NOTE: The boss strategies here are not for the Boss Rush Trophy but instead on how to beat them and the best way to do it just to complete all of the Worlds in Shatter. Boss Rush Trophy Guide > Boss Rush Guide - PlaystationTrophies.org (full Credit goes to Rampidzier).

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/179/03.jpg Kinetic Harvest (B)

Complete World 1 in Story Mode

Self-Explanatory - Simply beat the 1st world in the Story Mode which is called Kinetic Harvest. This is a pretty simple world and nothing to complicated, just be careful and use your power-ups wisely. When you get to the boss, dodge his attacks as best as you can.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/179/04.jpg Aurora (B)

Complete World 2 in Story Mode

Self-Explanatory - Simply beat the 2nd world in the Story Mode which is called Aurora. This is a a bit more challenging but nothing hard at all, just be careful and use your power-ups wisely. When you get to the boss, dodge his attacks as best as you can.

Boss - Bloctopus

Easy boss, just simple keep hitting him on his weak spot which is his head. Launch multiple balls for a faster kill. Also, keep in mind that every time you destroy his tentacles they grow back up. His attacks are not very dangerous, this boss should die fast with no problems.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/179/05.jpg Granule Extractor (B)

Complete World 3 in Story Mode

Self-Explanatory - Simply beat the 3rd world in the Story Mode which is called Granule Extractor. This is more challenging than Aurora (world 2) but nothing extremely hard. Just be careful, use your power-ups wisely. When you get to the boss, dodge his attacks as best as you can.

Boss - Clock-O-Bot

The Clock-O-Bot is more of challenging boss. You have break inside the clock by destroying the outer bricks in order to hurt him. However, he will replenish his bricks as he his clock arrows go clockwise. He will also spawn unbreakable bricks and send them to you and you cannot do anything about it other than wait till he throws most of them. You have to dodge the throw bricks or block them with your shield by pressing :square:. Keep repeating and pummelling him with your balls until his dead.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/179/06.jpg Krypton Garden (B)

Complete World 4 in Story Mode

Self-Explanatory - Simply beat the 4th world in the Story Mode which is called Krypton Garden. This is more challenging than Granule Extractor (world 3) but nothing extremely hard, just be careful and use your power-ups wisely. When you get to the boss, dodge his attacks as best as you can.

Boss - Bat

This bat is pretty much like you, you must be able to score a goal past the boss in order to damage it. Launch 1 ball in the middle at first and then another ball right away on either of the side. When he gets hit, 1UPs will start to pop. Try to pick them up and also keep focusing on not losing your balls. The Bat will also throw his own balls at you and you must dodge them, if you get hit you must lose the opportunity to pick up a 1UP or lose a ball. Keep repeating until he is dead.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/179/07.jpg Freon (B)

Complete World 5 in Story Mode

Self-Explanatory - Simply beat the 5th world in the Story Mode which is called Freon. This is more challenging than Krypton Garden (world 4) but nothing extremely hard, just be careful and use your power-ups wisely. When you get to the boss, dodge his attacks as best as you can.

Boss - Cold Shoulder

Ok, the only way to kill this boss is to be strategic. First you must use your blow abilities to turn him around until the weak spot shows up, then you must have the ball hit in the spot but remember that his weak spot is only going to be open for a matter of few seconds. Act fast and do your best to keep bouncing the balls back and forth and try to collect 1UPs as much as you can. If you know your not able to get the 1UP don't risk losing the balls. Keep repeating and he will be dead.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/179/08.jpg Amethyst Caverns (B)

Complete World 6 in Story Mode

Self-Explanatory - Simply beat the 6th world in the Story Mode which is called Amethyst Caverns. This is more challenging than Freon (world 5) but nothing extremely hard, just be careful and use your power-ups wisely. When you get to the boss, dodge his attacks as best as you can.

Edited by Terminator
Guide Revisions by Terminator 07/02/2015.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/179/09.jpg Neon Mines (B)

Complete World 7 in Story Mode

Self-Explanatory - Simply beat the 7th world in the Story Mode which is called Neon Mines. This is more challenging than Amethyst Caverns (world 6) but nothing extremely hard, just be careful and use your power-ups wisely. When you get to the boss, dodge his attacks as best as you can.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/179/10.jpg Argon Refinery (B)

Complete World 8 in Story Mode

Simply beat the 8th world in the Story Mode which is called Argon Refinery. This is more challenging than Neon Mines (world 7) but nothing extremely hard, just be careful and use your power-ups wisely. When you get to the boss, dodge his attacks as best as you can.

Boss - Electric Avenue

This boss is one of those that require some luck. Too damage him you must hit all of the 4 power plugs behind him, after the plugs are unplugged you can start damaging him by hitting him with your balls :p If you have a Storm Shard, I suggest you use it as it saves you a lot time and makes it a quicker and easier kill. The hard part is to not lock yourself out on one side whilst he's trying to laser you. Because if he gets you trapped you won't be able to rescue the balls on the other side of the level. Be careful, most of it is luck to be honest, try to survive as long as you can, grab 1UPs and keep going at it till his dead.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/179/11.jpg Xenon Homeworld (B)

Complete World 9 in Story Mode

Simply beat the 8th world in the Story Mode which is called Xenon Homeworld. This is more challenging than Argon Refinery (world 8) but nothing extremely hard, just be careful and use your power-ups wisely. When you get to the boss, dodge his attacks as best as you can.

Boss - Xenon Queen

This boss is not hard really. All you have to do is shoot her left and right arms and then hit her in the face with your balls. If you have a Storm Shard ready to be used, use it as soon as the weak spot opens up after you incapacitate her arms for a faster, easier and quicker kill. She shoots purple/black shadow balls at you with her arms, try to hit them and dodge them if possible. This is because they can give you fragments for your Storm Shard and 1UPs. This boss is actually a fun fight (well for me it was) keep repeating the steps above and she will die fast.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/179/12.jpg The End of the World (S)

Complete World 10 in Story Mode

This is the last level in the game, it's not really hard but rather a bit more tricky. However I was able to do this world without dying once on my 2nd or 3rd try, just learn the waves and you should be fine. There is nothing here that you have not seen before, it's more of the same expect a bit trickier than the previous levels.

Boss - Bad Bat is Back

The Bad Bat returns for the final combat in World 10 in Shatter. This fight believe it or not is not hard, but it requires some luck and usage of blowing the wind. I keep bouncing the ball back and forth right into his face, from time to time you will eventually hit him numerous times when he opens up his mouth. He will spit random things at you, so watch out for the explosive triangles, green circles, and purple/black shadow balls. Try to dodge them and hit them as usual, collect fragments for the Storm Shard, and collect 1UPs. Sometimes you can even stun him, leaving him impaired and open for a free attack, shoot an extra ball or two if you have any to hit him in the face and cause damage. Keep repeating and he will be dead.

Congratulations you now have beaten Story Mode!

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/179/01.jpg Balls Galore (B)

Launch multiple balls into play.

This is very easy. When you get the "1UP" power-up launch another ball and you should have 2 balls on the screen and the trophy will pop in a few seconds. Use :l1: to suck up the "1UP" power-up faster. You can also control more than 2 balls.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/179/02.jpg Storm Warning (B)

Trigger a Shard Storm.

This is very easy and you should be able to this in your 1st wave in the Kinetic Harvest world. Simple keep destroying bricks, keep sucking in all the blue small things that come out of the bricks with :l1: (I believe they are called fragments). Once your special bar on the top left screen is full a triangle will pop up next to indicating that you must press :triangle: to activate the Shard Storm. The trophy will unlock after the attack is triggered.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/179/18.jpg Fringe Benefit (B)

Get a score of 10,000,000 in Bonus Mode

This isn't as hard as it sounds, it just takes some practice. I was able to pull this off on my 5th or 6th try. Once you beat the 1st world in the Story Mode (Kinetic Harvest) you can go to the Bonus Mode to get this trophy. You have to get a total of 10,000,000 across all 3 Bonus Levels. What that means is, you can get 4,000,000 in the first one, 3,000,000 and another 3,000,000 in the 3rd one and still get the trophy. The best way to do this is to earn at least 4,000,000 or more in the 1st level. Just focus carefully on the balls and keep bouncing them back and forth. Every time they bounce off you, they gain speed and eventually they will be crazy fast that you will have to have a faster reaction time to be able to bounce them back again.

Try to conserve as many balls as you can because the more you have, the easier it is to score higher but it's a bit harder to manage all 3 at once. Once you're down to your last ball, do your best to keep bouncing back and forth. You should be able to get this in a few tries, just be patient and practice and you should be good.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/179/16.jpg Master Batter (S)

Complete the entire game in a single game session without using a continue.

I can't really help you much here other than give you a bunch of tips. Do not risk any fancy ball hitting manoeuvres to pass through the level faster. Conserve balls/lives as much as you can, be extremely careful and again don't risk anything that might make you lose your life, especially when it comes to boss fights. Collect as many 1UPs as you can, they are your friends on getting this trophy. The more 1UPs you have the higher the chance of you getting this trophy because you have multiple lives if you screw up somewhere. Use the balls wisely before you shoot out more balls.

It might seem like it's taking forever to get this trophy but just be patient, dedicated, and shoot for the goal and be careful and this trophy will be yours in no time. Try not to get distracted during the progression because if you happen to fail and die to use a continue, do not restart the world because if you do and you finish it without using a continue then you will still not get the trophy. Just quit to the main menu and start from World 1 all over again to avoid any further disappointments. Good luck!

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/179/17.jpg The Boss (S)

Defeat Boss Rush Mode in Under 10 Minutes

This is a challenging feat to achieve but defensively possible and far from impossible. For this trophy, refer to Rampidzier's Boss Rush Guide: LINK

Edited by Terminator
Guide Revisions by Terminator 12/01/2015.

good guide so far. I definately think boss tips need to be added, but I think they would be best placed under the Boss Rush trophy. Just saying, avoid attacks is pretty self explanitory.

also as mentioned last secret trophy is Old School.

http://assets.np.us.playstation.com/trophy/np/NPWR00727_00_94A67A465C653D546393492523FA796914BD6719/417C14BC73D051614703215EF8A7B0E6C5642440.PNG?w=60Complete a wave without using Blow, Suck, or a Shard Storm.

I do want to help and add to your guide. Here some tips on "Fringe benefits" Get a score of 10,000,000 in Bonus Mode

3 round with 3 balls in each. Each hit of the ball equals 100,000 points. Thats means you need to make at least 100 hits!!

First off make sure you hit all 3 balls at each start, trying to hit them straight on the Bat so to eliminate bouncing off the walls. Also push and pull has no effect here. Although the balls do have their own "pull gravity" to them, which makes it difficult. Also be very careful when the balls collide because it will totally change their path.

The 1st two squares are not that hard, so focus on getting at least 3.5 Million on them. Best bet is to at least get 4 million on 1st round. Also if you will have to sacrifice balls at some time, so go with the one that is easier, or has two balls in the same area. The 3rd round is very difficult due to the circle. The pull really messes you up as I have hit one in the corner only to have the pull bring it right back in the other corner. Highest I've been able to get on 3rd round is 2 million. So try to at least get 4 million on each of the 1st 2 rounds.

That are some good tips, dnut24.

And unfortunately thats pretty much all you can say about this trophy. I was going to write almost exactly the same.

You just need to practice until you are good enough.

I might add that you can rack up points pretty good with the last ball in the second level. Just hit it with one side of your ship, making it bounce of the wall and hit it again with the side of your ship. Should get around 1,5 million before its too fast.

Secret Trophy #2 - Shardenfreude

Collect 95% of all the fragmments on any wave.

This is pretty easy to get on the very first stage, blow up a bunch of stuff then suck up pretty much everything without it going past you.

For Clock O Block, if you want to kill him quickly for Boss Rush mode, the best way to do it is to learn the timing of his unbreakable blocks. When you see him start to put up his shield of unbreakable blocks, try to shoot a ball inside the shield. With a little timing and a little luck, the ball will get trapped between the shield and the clock and proceed to dismantle the clock.

The same thing is apparently true for Death Blossom, although the timing is much, much harder and you need a lot more luck. If you can manage to shoot a ball in between the central part and one of it's shields/spike, the ball will bounce in between central part and the shield/spike and destroy it. Although it's much more devastating when the ball gets trapped by the spike because that is unbreakable while it is near the central part (my best time on Death Blossom is around 14 seconds because of this).

Edited by Rampidzier

good guide

i just finished the game and its pretty easy...

just need the 10mil bonus trophy for 100%

took me about 3~4hours for completing

a maximum of 5 hours needed for 100% id say

hmmm seems iam mising the finish game with no continue... i wonder why didnt i get it ;s.... i didnt use any continue... when i lost all lives i just restarted.. wtf

Edited by Hakooooom

hmmm seems iam mising the finish game with no continue... i wonder why didnt i get it ;s.... i didnt use any continue... when i lost all lives i just restarted.. wtf

Restarted from the beginning or from that level? As I understand the trophy, you have to complete the whole game from start to finish in one sitting, and not lose all lives at any point.

Restarted from the beginning or from that level? As I understand the trophy, you have to complete the whole game from start to finish in one sitting, and not lose all lives at any point.

No you don't :D

Start from level 10 and complete it without using a continue, and it'll unlock the Master Batter trophy (complete entire game in a single session without using a continue) :cool:

Start from level 10 and complete it without using a continue, and it'll unlock the Master Batter trophy (complete entire game in a single session without using a continue) :cool:

are you sure this works? i've tried this 3 times now and no dice. are you sure you don't mean level 1, not 10?

u know when u loose all lives u get a countdown screen

pick continue or restart world

i picked restart world when that happens...

the trophy clearly states "dont use a continue" which i didnt and i restarted everytime i died

i have played from lvl 1 in 1 sitting to lvl 10... i restarted world 2 times and never used a continue....

this doesnt work i tried... i even finished lvl 10 without loosing a life..

Edited by Hakooooom

Has anyone been able to get "The Boss" ( Defeat Boss Rush Mode in Under 10 Minutes ) Trophy? I've been following the boss guide listed here:

PlayStation LifeStyle Trophy Guide - Shatter

However, it seems that a lot of it is luck. 10 mins to kill all 10 bosses just seems way, way too hard. I only seem to be able to do all in around 15 mins. Xenon Queen and Over Reactor just take too long unless you are super lucky! If someone can post a youtube video for this trophy, it would be highly appreciated! It is the only trophy I've left for this great game (gotta love the techno soundtrack!).

( As for Master Batter, I needed to play from level 1 to 10 through without ever reaching zero lives and the countdown screen to continue. Twice I lost all lives at level 8 and level 9 and decided to "Restart World" instead of continue, played to the end, but still did not get the trophy. )