Rate the trophy difficulty.  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very easy.
    • 10 - Very hard.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_7.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.82

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by olsen77

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are supposed to rate how difficult it is to get 100% of the trophies.

Almost every game has easy ass trophies you get in the first hours of playing.

I wanna see how someone plays through the entire game in one session without using a continue.

That needs some serious skills plus a good amount of luck.

So stop saying: "I played 5 minutes and already got a trophy, every other trophy has to be easy too, i rate this game a 1/10"

I wanna see how someone plays through the entire game in one session without using a continue.

So stop saying: "I played 5 minutes and already got a trophy, every other trophy has to be easy too, i rate this game a 1/10"

I agree. I with members would stop voting low, just because they got half the trophies in 2 hours. If you look at wipEout HD, the average player can get 10 trophies in less than an hour... but most players (including those who've Platinumed it) rate it a 9 or 10.

~ squodge ~

Just what i was about to say :cool:

Got like 70% in 2,5h but aint gonna vote till i get `em all...hell, dont evan know what the hidden ones are yet :confused:

People, get 100% than vote :D

The hidden ones are:

Overkill

Destroy the last brick with a fresh Shard Storm.

Shardenfreaude

Collect 95% of all fragments on any wave.

Old School

Complete a wave without using Blow, Suck, or a Shard Storm.

Im having a hard time getting 10 million in bonus mode. I was pretty close with 9,7 million. Its so damn frustrating when you have a good run and suddenly you lose all three balls in a level in a matter of seconds.

Well, in the end I decided to give this a pop. It's good fun, although frustrating when you've got no lives left, an extra life appears, but you can't grab it because your bat needs to be on the other side of the screen despite having suck/blow functions.

It's much more fun than Magic Ball, not least because the Shard can help you clean up a screen, whereas in Magic Ball you sometimes have to hit the fricking ball for five minutes before the game gives you a Level Up bonus. I also like the more upbeat soundtrack in Shatter.

All I can say is, all the level trophies should be pretty easy, so that's 10 easy trophies (the 10th World being a silver trophy). Shardenfreude I got on one of the early levels of World 1. Getting 95% of fragments, I achieved that on the very first level - I just kept my finger on suck the whole time lol. Fringe Benefits looks like 20% skill, 80% luck because sometimes two balls can collide and go completely separate ways and you lose both of them, leaving you with just one bonus ball to rack up points (100,000 points per hit it seems).

I'll vote once I've completed the game (regardless of whether I complete it without using continues). Then I'll know how frustrating it really is :D

~ squodge ~

EDIT:

@itsdaman: Overkill is pretty easy, as is Shardenfreude; will need to try Old School, but can't see that being difficult (probably just boring). And yes, the Bonus Mode really does hand you yo ass on a plate, not even in seconds... more like split seconds :(

Edited by squodge

Gonna give a 7 (as in going for 100%).

While most of the Trophies are rediculously easy, there's one that stands out as difficult, and that would be the one where you need to clear Boss Rush Mode in under 10 minutes. For starters, if you want to do it quickly, you need to abuse using multiple balls at once, and if you can fill it up, the shard storm.

Beating the game without continuing shouldn't be too difficult. This game practically ****s 1ups.

And for those who have trouble hitting 10M on the Bonus Mode, pause, unpause, pause, unpause, pause, unpause... See how much easier that is?

And for those who have trouble hitting 10M on the Bonus Mode, pause, unpause, pause, unpause, pause, unpause... See how much easier that is?

Actually no, i dont see how that is supposed to make it easier.

I think its even harder to follow the balls this way.

Wow, this thread has become very unreliable. I think the poll needs to be reset on this thread and do it again. People need to stop voting before they get 100%

I haven't voted yet, because I haven't gotten 100% - but if I had give it a vote right now based on impressions I would give it a solid 7. Getting through the game without any continues is going to be TOUGH. I don't know about the boss rush mode one, and the 10,000,000 in bonus mode was no slouch. Took me a couple of tries and needed some good luck.

I really think that those last two: Boss Rush and No Continues are not going to be easy. Hell, I wish the game would've given you a Gold for getting the no continues!

I gave it a 5 almost a 6 i am 85% including play through without using a continue man that was hard work and a few close calles then one giving me trouble though is a pesk bronze...

Fringe Benefit, score 10,000,000 in bonus mode, but ill get it and havent gone for the last silver yet The Boss beat boss rush mode in under 10 mins, doable with a a few tries i think though.

Damn good game for reasonable price, can see myself playing it even after i have the trophies :)

Well, me and someone else managed to get it. Pissed me off too because he beat my time by like 50 milliseconds. Oh well. My fault. I had a time of barely over five minutes going into the ninth boss and even managed to somehow break that boss to where the shields didn't close right so I had an opening for half the match and still couldn't pull off better than two minutes and thirty seconds. The I completely screwed up the final boss. Normally, it takes 45 seconds to beat the last boss, but I messed up. I actually had to intentionally die to use a continue to get my three balls back, in which case I beat him pretty soundly.

I gave this a 3, easy trophies except for Master Batter, and The Boss.

I can get to the final boss in one continue, until when he starts firing missiles, then I can loss my lifes very quickly.

Taken a couple of hours to get to him, to die within a couple of mins :(

And The Boss Rush taken me over 17 mins. Miles behind top rank of 7:20:11.

All in all, far better than Magic Ball, well worth the 5 quid :)

Edited by JPClyde

I don't understand how people are voting this a 2 or 3, saying things like "easy apart from Boss Mode and Master Batter"... surely that means it pushes it more to a 5 or even 6 (average difficulty)? Voting 2 or 3 suggests that the game is just as easy to get 100% as Linger in Shadows or Noby Noby Boy.

~ squodge ~

Miles behind top rank of 7:20:11.

You rang?

And I definitely agree with everyone about people voting before they get 100%

The Bonus Mode and Boss Mode trophies (along with the no continue one I guess; even though I did that on my first try) are in an entire different league than the rest of the trophies.

I would put all of the trophies besides The Boss Trophy at or under a 3 difficulty. To beat it in under 10 minutes is very very difficult for most people. Just look at the leaderboard and only 50 people have actually done it.

I can get under 10 minutes every time now, but the funny thing is that my 7:20:11 time was my first time under 10 minutes...how ironic:rolleyes:

Oh and I gave it a 5 just for The Boss Trophy. Without that a definite 2.

Edited by GorgeousDre

It's difficult (for me) to rank the difficulty of the trophies in Shatter without being influenced by the Boss Rush. I feel some may give it an easy rating if they managed to get this trophy quickly, and others a harder rating if it took them a considerable time to do so.

I managed to beat this mode with less than a second and a half to spare (9:58:51) after many, many, many attempts (31st to get it, and dropping in rank constantly, lol).

I gave it a rating of 6. {A kinda middle of the road. 4 (+2) for BR}

I still haven't voted, as I've only tried Boss Rush twice - finished the 10 bosses on my second attempt, but took me almost 15 minutes LOL. Feel the Fringe is an easy enough trophy, as each attempt only takes a few minutes. Completing the game without losing all lives will be a chore though. When I vote, it'll probably be around 5-6, as I believe there's a slight bit more skill in this game than Magic Ball (that fricking "Through the Fire and Flames" trophy is god awful, glad I have it though).

~ squodge ~