hard mode = nothing but cheap kills

8BitArtist

im tired of falling between buildings because of random grenades in Venom of Vipers and getting shot while jumping. to add to the frustration, hard mode isnt even hard because all you have to do is keeping lounging at all the people since they hardly ever hit you when youre doing that.

i can already tell its going to be a pain in A Bad Confession cuz of those cheap rockets he is always shooting at you as well.

Edited by 8BitArtist

Yeah, my first playthrough is on hard and it is pretty damn intense/frustrating. I am on the level after the gimp boss and all of a sudden "ohhh, falling grenades! which are nearly impossible to dodge! which knock you off buildings resulting in instant death!" Seriously?! So ridiculously cheap.

I made it as far as the screen with the guy holding the grenade launcher, but he took one shot and blew me off the screen. Then I turned the PS3 off for a while and haven't yet gone back.

i beat the priest last night with the rockets. getting hit with a rocket while running across a wall almost made me throw a controller. but like i said, the other parts arent hard cuz you just have to keep pouncing and they will hardly ever attack and wait till youre done. THANK GOD they at least give you a check point once you reach the boss... or else i wouldnt even be bothering with this game after normal mode.

Edited by 8BitArtist

i beat the priest last night with the rockets. getting hit with a rocket while running across a wall almost made me throw a controller. but like i said, the other parts arent hard cuz you just have to keep pouncing and they will hardly ever attack and wait till youre done. THANK GOD they at least give you a check point once you reach the boss... or else i wouldnt even be bothering with this game after normal mode.

What is poucing and lounging? I just beat Cassandra and can't get past that fucking uzi shooters.

Edited by aleFH

What is poucing and lounging? I just beat Cassandra and can't get past that fucking uzi shooters.

To pounce (leap) on an enemy, press R2. Use it to cover distances and when you land on the enemy, repeatedly hit them until they die. Then repeat over and over again - but you can still sometimes be hit when on top of a downed enemy. Use this tactic especially to take out the ones with guns.

I had a REALLY hard time completing A Bad Confession, because of those rockets... But actually I think you outta earn victory. I had to do the level over and over again, dying from "unfair" rockets falling on me while wallrunning... But hey, life is unfair. And when you manage to finish this level, it's simply priceless.

Yeah, I was complaining on principle and to let other people who might be playing this soon and read this thread know (most games, difficulty trophies are stackable - if I had known they weren't, I wouldn't played normal first).

That being said - with all my weapons unlocked, the normal playthrough was a breeze. I think the final playtime was 2 hours and 2 minutes.

Now, just need to do the coop campaign and Shank'll be 100%'d!

ill have to try that pouncing thing, I had to take a break, starting at the beginning of the level each time something stupid happened is rediculous, but somethings got to make it hard, still an awesome game, and co-op story is a whole diffrent story, but hard mode is hard, i think this game should have a platinum!

I just beat it on hard... and guess what guys? The difficulty trophies aren't stackable!

Meaning: You work to beat it on hard, and the normal difficulty trophy doesn't unlock upon completion. Total BS!

At least the normal playthrough will be a cakewalk in comparison!

Thank You For Posting This, Cuz I was Gonna Try It On Hard Mode Hoping To Kill 2 Birds With One Stone. But This Saved Me The Trouble. I'll Just Knock It Out On Normal Mode 1st.

Just Beat It On Normal. Gonna Try Hard Mode Now...I'll be Sure To Throw The Controller The Opposite Direction Of The TV lol

Already beat you to it. Cheap deaths from grenades whilst climbing a rope = mega frustration!

Still, at least I'm still playing and enjoying it (of sorts). :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
hard mode is even hard its just retarded. I was at the end of a level getting pummeled in a corner and he wouldnt pick up the health right next t him.

Exactly! Thank you. Finally someone who sees the major problem with this game: lose controls. Those rockets before earning the right to fight the priest DO NOT MEASURE A PLAYER'S SKILL BY ANY MEANS AT ALL. It's like the game tell you, sorry, you didn't do anything wrong but this is a lottery draw and I decide when you move on, not your fighting! WTF? I had such high hopes for this game cause I love the visual style and the story but I am definitely passing on a sequel if there is one. I never die on hard mode except for some of the boss fights, but those rockets are beyond stupid! Did they test the level at all I wonder?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The chain weapon allows you to strangle enemies, even the big ones. if you manage to do the hold and putting the victim between you and a shooter, the victim will stop the bullets for you.

Take note that melee-only enemies will go behind your back to hit you.

And yes, thank goodness for checkpoints on bosses, otherwise it's a real waste of time doing a level all over again due to cheap juggles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...