Unlockable Costumes

Labartu

Alright, I played the demo today and unlocked two costumes (White Pajamas [100 hit combo] & Red Pajama's [150 hit Combo]), but I can't access them because I don't own the full game and I won't have it for a while as it's not out in the EU yet. So my question is, do the costumes have any effect like making attacks stronger or something? Or are they just a nice touch if you want Shank to look different?

Like a White or Red Ninja for example...

Alright, I played the demo today and unlocked two costumes (White Pajamas [100 hit combo] & Red Pajama's [150 hit Combo]), but I can't access them because I don't own the full game and I won't have it for a while as it's not out in the EU yet. So my question is, do the costumes have any effect like making attacks stronger or something? Or are they just a nice touch if you want Shank to look different?

Like a White or Red Ninja for example...

Not that I can tell... I have the "Jason Mask" and used it for most of the game and didn't see any difference in attack/defense/anything... I think it's just something to break up the game and let you play dress up with him a little...

Dance Costume - Complete single-player on Normal difficulty.

Horror Shank - Kill 100 dudes with the chainsaw

Shank the Spartan - Complete the backstory

Wildman Shank - Complete single-player on Hard difficulty

ANY-S Costume - After completing single-player input the following code: up+up+down+down+left+right+left+right+circle+x.

White Pajamas (White Ninja) - Do a 100 hit combo

Yellow Jump Suit - Defeat 500 enemies

Red Pajamas (Red Ninja) - Do a 150 hit combo

That's what I found / know. I can only confirm White and Red Pajama though, as that was the only thing I unlocked during the demo. And I can tell you that up to a 650 hit combo you don't get a new costume...so I doubt there's another costume related to hit combos.

Taken from the official twitter acct & PS Blog.

1. Original: nada..

2. Kung Fu (Yellow Jumpsuit): 1000 Kills.

3. Wildman: Complete the singleplayer campaign on Hard Mode.

4. Spartan: Complete the Backstory.

5. Red Ninja: Do a 150 hit combo.

6. White Ninja: Do a 100 hit combo.

7. Horror: Kill 100 dudes with your chainsaw.

8. ANY-S: After completing the single-player campaign, input a slight modification to the classic Konami code: up+up+down+down+left+right+left+right+circle+x.

9. Dance: Complete the Singleplayer Campaign on Normal Mode.

10. DeathSpank: ?

11. Gimp: Kill 500 Creatures.

I've done it using Uzi during 1st boss. Best moment imo is when he is chargin into wall. You keep close distance to him, and when he starts glowing you stand behind him and just shooting non stop untill he goes back near you. You should have around 120 hits then. One dodge, jump+shoot and it should be yours. Maybe there is easier way, but I was going through 1st level doing it and done it on boss, so I've finished.

Dead enemies still count towards combo's if you keep hitting them. Get a few enemies close to each other, press :l1: and then repeatedly hammer :square: to do a quick knife attack. Just keep doing it even after the enemies died and you'll have your 150 hit combo.

You can do it with 1 enemy too if you can't get a few next to each other, it'll take longer then, though.

Dance Costume - Complete single-player on Normal difficulty.

Horror Shank - Kill 100 dudes with the chainsaw

Shank the Spartan - Complete the backstory

Wildman Shank - Complete single-player on Hard difficulty

ANY-S Costume - After completing single-player input the following code: up+up+down+down+left+right+left+right+circle+x.

White Pajamas (White Ninja) - Do a 100 hit combo

Yellow Jump Suit - Defeat 500 enemies

Red Pajamas (Red Ninja) - Do a 150 hit combo

That's what I found / know. I can only confirm White and Red Pajama though, as that was the only thing I unlocked during the demo. And I can tell you that up to a 650 hit combo you don't get a new costume...so I doubt there's another costume related to hit combos.

I can confirm that you do not get any new costumes (or concept art) for a 1000+ hit combo. 1025 actually, achieved via a glitch. If you use the chain and hold R1 near the edge of the screen while one of the big buff guys is hitting the guy you're holding, you can just hold R1 and keep your combo going.

Edited by User6667

http://shankgame.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/shank_costume_lineup_10-unlocked1.png

1. Original: Available from start

2. Kung Fu (Yellow Jumpsuit): 1000 Kills.

3. Wildman: Complete the singleplayer campaign on Hard Mode.

4. Spartan: Complete the Backstory.

5. Red Ninja: Do a 150 hit combo.

6. White Ninja: Do a 100 hit combo.

7. Horror: Kill 100 dudes with your chainsaw.

8. ANY-S: After completing the single-player campaign, input a slight modification to the classic Konami code: up+up+down+down+left+right+left+right+circle+x.

9. Dance: Complete the Singleplayer Campaign on Normal Mode.

10. DeathSpank: Up+square+down+circle+Left+triangle+right+x real fast (updated by me lol)

11. Gimp: Kill 500 Creatures.(with creatures you mean what?)

I need just Wildman, Spartan and Gimp now

creatures are dogs and rats. good luck getting 500. its a big grind for a dumb costume.

Dogs aren't counted as creatures in my game - I was thinking that is what it meant, until I started to work toward the 500 creature kills and the number didn't increase until I killed rats, birds, and bats.

Is there a count for that somewhere I can see, or does it just pop. Cause you can see your count from the weapons and combos.

Yeah, there's a "creatures" counter on the same stat page. It's the one that says CREATURES.

Edited by zamboni