What are your thoughts on Shank?

Dreadnought190

Hi all!:D Just wondering how the game is. I saw some trailers and gameplay vids on the game and it looks great!:D I haven't gotten the demo yet (internet probs). Anyways, this game looks really great, I really like the cartoon visuals, the music, the 2D combat where he uses pistols, chainsaws, and machetes or something like that! I'm gonna get this game eventually, just wanted to read what people's opinions are! Thanks and game on players!:D

!st off, I have not fininshed the game, but I have found out the game is really short. If you really good, you can beat the game within an hour. I know there will be DLC cause there is a section just for that in the game. As far as graphics, the graphics are so awesome, and it really looks like you are watching an HD cartoon. Gameplay, it is really hit or miss. Some of the buttons like grabbinbg should be changed. I feel like it is hard to block. Right now I have this game a 7.5/10.

I played the demo twice today and I'm definitely in for some Shank action when it's released in the EU store. I really enjoy the game, even though $15 is a bit much, I'll pay it because I have so much fun playing it. The graphics are beyond awesome if you like that style.

If you have to decide between Shank and another game though, like Castle Crashers, I think I'd pick Castle Crashers.

I've only played the trial, but that alone was excellent.

Visually it is lovely, both the cutscenes and the combat as a whole. I love how quickly you can switch between knives, chainsaw and guns.

Not that I'm trying to be narrow-minded but I personally didn't have any problems with the demo.... well, I'll admit the first time against the boss I wasn't aware of how to avoid getting hit. But now I know after a second playthrough.

In a few months time, I'll pick this up. I'd just be greedy and undeserving if I got it now as I have plenty of unfinished games and furthermore my birthday is under a month away where I'll be getting two new games.

Edited by SSJ4_Haruhi

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I Found it Boring.

Enemies have way to much health

The combat gets stale after a few levels and never changes.

Platforming can be a huge pain because of the controls,

and the story is pretty much ripped off of Kill Bill, minus one or 2 tiny changes.

By the time I got to the end I was begging for it to be over, Im not sure I will play it again on hard to 100% it.