Farming Red gems questions

kfree7

• 2 weeks later...

A bit late of a reply but yeah. If you want to upgrade everything you need 80 gems. At that point in the game you'll be a bit short - I guesstimate you'll need about 20 more than you can use at that point i.e. You can use 60/80 red gems at that point in the game.

A bit late of a reply but yeah. If you want to upgrade everything you need 80 gems. At that point in the game you'll be a bit short - I guesstimate you'll need about 20 more than you can use at that point i.e. You can use 60/80 red gems at that point in the game.

Thanks for the help. Ended up farming 80. Although that was not necessary. What do you think about the 2nd and 3rd play through for farming? What guns would you upgrade and how many gems would you need?

Edited by kfree7

Thanks for the help. Ended up farming 80. Although that was not necessary. What do you think about the 2nd and 3rd play through for farming? What guns would you upgrade and how many gems would you need?

Honestly the game is quite easy for the most part, so much so that you might not need any upgrades at all. Just use the light shot+ press square combo to insta-kill pretty much every enemy.

If you're going for upgrades the teether clip size is a good choice, especially for later on when you come to those insta-killing electric guys where the teether is the best weapon to take them down. Putting points into the torch isn't a bad idea either because it can insta-kill everything without armor pretty much and it charges up extremely quickly when fully upgraded.

Also I tend to keep a few red gems for when my health gets low. When you put a gem into the health skill it instantly regains all of your health (though this is rarely needed, I regularly ended up with about 70 alcoholic drinks across all three types at the end of the playthroughs).

tl;dr, the game is very easy and you can pop those little gems into anything you want :D

Honestly the game is quite easy for the most part, so much so that you might not need any upgrades at all. Just use the light shot+ press square combo to insta-kill pretty much every enemy.

If you're going for upgrades the teether clip size is a good choice, especially for later on when you come to those insta-killing electric guys where the teether is the best weapon to take them down. Putting points into the torch isn't a bad idea either because it can insta-kill everything without armor pretty much and it charges up extremely quickly when fully upgraded.

Also I tend to keep a few red gems for when my health gets low. When you put a gem into the health skill it instantly regains all of your health (though this is rarely needed, I regularly ended up with about 70 alcoholic drinks across all three types at the end of the playthroughs).

tl;dr, the game is very easy and you can pop those little gems into anything you want :D

Thanks for the thoughts. On the last play through. Never used the torch much but would be a good idea to conserve ammo. I bought a ton of drinks and then did the farming of the white gems. I can drink forever.