Is this game worth getting?

Sohanon

Pretty much what the title of the thread says. I was considering picking it up, but I wasn't so sure of it, due to the backlog of games I currently need to finish.

I hear the humor in it is pretty well, and if this is true, that's a great incentive for me to purchase it...

• 2 weeks later...
Pretty much what the title of the thread says. I was considering picking it up, but I wasn't so sure of it, due to the backlog of games I currently need to finish.

I hear the humor in it is pretty well, and if this is true, that's a great incentive for me to purchase it...

It's a fun and decent game. Personally, a strong 7/10. There's very little replay value though, and if you end up doing 3 playthroughs for the platinum, it feels a bit tedious by the end. I'd say only buy it if it's cheap, otherwise it's a great rental.

• 1 month later...

Well, u can get the plat fast enough and also have a fun with this game, which is pretty cool. Beware, u'll gonna need 3 playthrough and the final boss battle on Hard (Legion Hunter) maybe b a real pain.

• 5 months later...

Sorry to bump this but I wanted to offer my opinion. I'm very ashamed of myself for not playing this game sooner. My buddy had been pestering me to play it for almost a year and a half and of course I kept putting it off.

So I finally decided to play it and I was not disappointed. The atmosphere has a nice horror vibe to it and the game is also pretty gory, which is cool. As an added bonus there is a great comedic element to the game which makes it more light hearted and fun and simply adds to the fun of playing the game.

The gameplay and shooting mechanics are also very solid and intuitive (reminded me a lot of RE4 which is a good thing). The characters are also unique and enjoyable, especially Johnson. He is by far one of the best videogame characters of this gen.

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed Shadows of the Damned and would highly recommend it to anyone who is somewhat curious about the game. :)

Sorry to bump this but I wanted to offer my opinion. I'm very ashamed of myself for not playing this game sooner. My buddy had been pestering me to play it for almost a year and a half and of course I kept putting it off.

So I finally decided to play it and I was not disappointed. The atmosphere has a nice horror vibe to it and the game is also pretty gory, which is cool. As an added bonus there is a great comedic element to the game which makes it more light hearted and fun and simply adds to the fun of playing the game.

The gameplay and shooting mechanics are also very solid and intuitive (reminded me a lot of RE4 which is a good thing). The characters are also unique and enjoyable, especially Johnson. He is by far one of the best videogame characters of this gen.

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed Shadows of the Damned and would highly recommend it to anyone who is somewhat curious about the game. :)

Totally agree with everything said, was very surprised with how much i enjoyed this game.

• 1 month later...

totally agree, besides, its gonna become a collectors game, since only 300,000 i think were made, saw the fact in a topic down here :p

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
so is this a horror title or action

never really noticed it before.

what games out there is this like and whats it better/worse than?

its an action game with gore, potty language, some nudes with crude humor... not something scary like silent hill games.

tbh, there are no similar games, its a must grab for the low price it has and for the replay value it have.

the gameplay its similar to RE4, adapted in a more DMC upgrade system