Unlimited Red Gem Glitch

This isn't my video but I thought I'd share it.

It's right at the beginning of the game at 2-1 and does give at least a load of Red Gems (The Vid's poster says he got around 40 out of it but i'll see how much I get and post back). Will make Hard a lot easier as well as High in Las Vegas.

Apologies if already posted.

• 2 weeks later...

The dude who made this Youtube video says that there are other locations where you can backtrack from a checkpoint to a red gem that reappears after loading the savegame again.

Is that true and if so, does anyone know such a place?

• 2 weeks later...

I got about 5 red gems this way. As noted there are a few other places where you can double up red gems, but not claim them multiples of times.

In regards to info in the red gem location guide...

I have never been rewarded red gems for killing the demons in the chandelier sequence. I have only receive the one at the top in 4 playthroughs.

You should also be careful, as there are some gems later in the game, in acts four and five that are glitched in a reverse way, at least in my Lemon Hunter game. While trying to take advantage of multiple gem glitches, I quit and restarted games, only to have the gem disappear from my inventory and to have the gem NOT reappear in the game. Alas, I got to Christopher's last post in the game only to realize I would finish with 78 gems, so back to the start.:mad:

I also have never been able to get the unlimited white gem feature to work.

Edited by jsteinhauer

Okay I can confirm that this glitch can work infinitely or at least you can get way more gems than you need, I got 77 red gems farming that place and stopped because that + the 3 gems from the beginning is all you need to get all upgrades.

So was that faster than just playing the game and being diligent with white gems?

It takes forty five minutes, so you can then fully upgrade your gear from the get go and not have to look for the gems. Then, you spend the white gems on booze and ammo. Also, the white gem glitch didn't work for me. I really don't see why people are complaining...

It takes forty five minutes, so you can then fully upgrade your gear from the get go and not have to look for the gems. Then, you spend the white gems on booze and ammo. Also, the white gem glitch didn't work for me. I really don't see why people are complaining...

There should be no complaints, anyway. The only thing you need a "glitch" for is the High in Las Vegas trophy. It is no big problem beating this game without taking advantage of red gem glitches and white gem farming. However, even on Lemon Hunter, spending all of your white gems on red gems, I don't think you'll have enough, unless you spend a little time farming or otherwise.

There should be no complaints, anyway. The only thing you need a "glitch" for is the High in Las Vegas trophy. It is no big problem beating this game without taking advantage of red gem glitches and white gem farming. However, even on Lemon Hunter, spending all of your white gems on red gems, I don't think you'll have enough, unless you spend a little time farming or otherwise.

On lemon hunter i mustve missed half the red gems found in the game, did the 999 white gem glitch once, spent all my money on red gems, and barely got 80 in my 1st playthrough. Its doable though.

I think I have the solution to the Red Gem farming glitch in 2-1 from ceasing to work...

When you get the gem and kill the enemies to get the gate to unlock, you go through the gate and let it save and then you quit. When you continue to that save YOU MUST NOT TAKE A SINGLE STEP FORWARD.

WHY?

This glitch works because the game does not realize that you have moved on yet, and when you get to that save it saves it right at the point before you move on too far, so you may quit and continue at that point over and over aslong as you DO NOT move forward.

BUT... if you continue on that save and move forward AT ALL, it will stop working entirely, even if you quit and try to continue again.

I think I have the solution to the Red Gem farming glitch in 2-1 from ceasing to work...

When you get the gem and kill the enemies to get the gate to unlock, you go through the gate and let it save and then you quit. When you continue to that save YOU MUST NOT TAKE A SINGLE STEP FORWARD.

WHY?

This glitch works because the game does not realize that you have moved on yet, and when you get to that save it saves it right at the point before you move on too far, so you may quit and continue at that point over and over aslong as you DO NOT move forward.

BUT... if you continue on that save and move forward AT ALL, it will stop working entirely, even if you quit and try to continue again.

This must've been why it stopped working for me the first time.

• 2 weeks later...

WHY?

Exactly

When you go through the gate only walk far enough to trigger the checkpoint and stop, do NOT go any further.

Quit and reload your save, and it will work every time, I easily the other 77 I needed to upgrade the rest of my weapons.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Works perfectly, just do exactly like the video. Thanks for the tip.

I did it on my 2nd playthrough on NORMAL. It's time consuming, but you don't need to get all 77 gems this way, except if playing the HARD mode to make the things easier upgrading all weapons early in the game.

I got 40 red gems with this glitch, and it was sufficient, cause in the rest of the game you can find another 36, and if left a few, just buy from Christopher. To make more 'money' kill the fiends with stomp move.