Deafeating Fleming

Ok I read on a few threads that people are having troubles and the sister site method don't work either here is how it is done.

Ok you are going to start of for the first time just damaging his armor with the sullmaster explosive ball. Each time you see him open up his coat to reveal the girl just charge your skull blaster then shoot it directly at him to damage his armor.

Repeat this untill you can see orange lines in his armor... when you see that color make sure to use the hot boner shot to blow him into three pieces.

After locking on with your Dentist and blowing away his first piece of red armor he will join back togeather and have more moves now.

This time wait till he does the same thing but make sure its the girl and not the hand trying to catch you. Do this untill he goes into the same state of shock and has orange lines... then repeat with hot boner and dentist to hurt his second piece.

Now is the part where everyone gets stuck. So here goes

Ok when you start off your going to start with the skull master as always daming thim when he opens to reveal the girl. Now instead of going close up to him like the sister site said just follow this way it worked well for me. when he goes into his green shell charge up a shot and shoot it in as soon as it gets in switch to your dentist really quick lock on and shoot abunch of shots then switch to your hot boner as soon as a good amount of the teeth hit him he should be ready for the hot boner shot to break him... just make sure your using a good amount of the shots but not to much because you need to still switch over to shoot him apart. After all that is donejust dode around in circles till its over

Good luck

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know about using the Dentist on the intact Fleming. I fought the whole thing from the edge of the arena using the Skullmaster until the crack showed in his armor, switching then to Hot Boner. Locking on with the Dentist from a distance was just too unreliable for me. The maddening part of this boss fight for me was statying alive while shooting the swinging goat head while Fleming continued his normal attacks.

• 2 weeks later...

I too wanted to get Legion Hunter out of the way... My first attempt at Fleming was about 45 mins long and I said screw this, something is wrong and I'm reloading... I had heard that there is a glitch, although uncommon, that causes the 3rd section from triggering (he wont break apart the third time, ever) so after I reloaded I just kept shooting him in the chest and FINALLY after 30 mins the final crack in his armor glowed yellow and I got him. Jerkoff. :boom:

• 2 weeks later...
i found fleming to be extremely easy on hard mode the battle didnt even last 7 minutes i was like wtf is that it?! paula was harder than fleming imo

Complete opposite for me, on hard finished Paula in one try took only a few minutes, where as with Fleming it took me 2 hours, not because it was hard but to find a way around the stupid glitch.

What I did on Hard was to stay at distance and shoot him with the Skullblaster. Each time he showed the girl I would then start charging the Skullblaster and shoot him with a x2 or x3 shot.

The first two stages were easy enough, I just kept doing that until he cracked and was ready for the Hotboner.

On the third stage I found he would always go into the cracked stage after he'd put up the green dome and I'd successfully put the x4 Skullblaster shot into it to break it.

Once the green dome had broken there seemed to be a short pause between him just standing there and then slumping his head forward to indicate he could be broken. I mis-read this the first couple of times and carried on shooting him with the Skullblaster when what I should have done is swapped to the Hotboner and attached the sticky payload read to shoot it.

There is only a short opportunity to attach the stick payload and shoot it on Hard so I found it best to just ignore what stage he appeared in after the green dome and to swap to the Hotboner. In that split second he had changed state without me shooting him and he was ready to be broken.

It was at this stage that I encountered my first glitch because the sticky payload was not visible even though I had charged it correctly. I think this was because I had aimed at his body instead of his head in all the excitement! However, I shot the spot I had been aiming at when I attached it and it exploded as normal, so I guess it was just a display glitch.

The other glitch I encountered in this fight was the unbreakable green dome. It would not break no matter how many times I shot the x4 Skullblaster into it. Fleming was still inside it and switched back to doing his other attacks but I could not do any damage to him.

Edited by Neuromancer1968

• 4 weeks later...

EDIT: Got it! The exploit mentioned on X360A forums does indeed work but let me clarify as I don't think it was explained clearly enough elsewhere. There are 2 methods both of which are quite similar. When he produces the green shield and you shoot the skullblaster shot in get ready to run as soon as it explodes. Run right up close to him and either keep shooting while standing right in front of him or whack him with your torch, ocasionally you get hit back when hitting with the torch, you shouldn't loose too much health though. Sometimes he will stay slumped over like that and allow you to shoot for a good while until the yellow crack appears. More often though he will recover quickly and shortly afterwards as long as you stay close and keep shooting him while in fairly close proximity he will suddenly just pause, he won't slump over but will just stay completely still. Ocasionally he will slide from side to side in a glitchy way but not attack. Either way just use this "paused" time to shoot with everything you've got. I timed him staying still for at least 12-15 seconds. During this time there is plenty of time to attach lots of hotboner sticky shots which will eventually produce the glowing crack.

It may not work every time but if you try it a couple of times it will happen, wish I had the facility to record it so i could show that it's a genuine method.

Edited by MISSINGNIN

This boss is bugging me, I don't know if it's a glitch or what,maybe you guys can shed some light on it.

Basically on round 3 (sometimes 2 too) when Fleming is stunned the "crack" is dark red rather than bright yellow. I shoot the bomb at him and blow it up and nothing happens! Anyone else get this?

This boss is bugging me, I don't know if it's a glitch or what,maybe you guys can shed some light on it.

Basically on round 3 (sometimes 2 too) when Fleming is stunned the "crack" is dark red rather than bright yellow. I shoot the bomb at him and blow it up and nothing happens! Anyone else get this?

Yup, he has glitched on you just restart the fight.. >.<

• 4 months later...

Seriously getting to close to rage quitting for the first time ever in 20 years of gaming. FFS. I've been shooting at this guy for 45 mins just on the last round, the first two rounds take a maximum of 10 mins, and he still won't die. This game was okay up to this point, but now it's just stupid. What a great way to give a game longevity. Why not make this boss fight last for three hours? Why stop there? The sky's the limit. Argghhhh!

So after trying for three hours last night, I then read about how glitchy this boss is. I get up this morning and do it first time, but it still took around half an hour. WTF? I restarted the chapter to be safe. I still think it glitched on me and I got lucky. When he puts up a green cage and you chuck in a bomb, he then is stunned for a bit, but he never glows yellow/orange, always red. So you put a couple of hot boners on him, but then he has a little shield that expands very quickly and you go back to doing the fight for 3-5 mins before he puts up a green shield again, is that shield him regenrating? I read someone to not even hit him when he's stunned, but glowing red - not sure if that's right or not.

If ever a game needed a health bar for it's bosses it's this one! Then to eventually kill Fleming I had shot a hot boner right before he put a green shield, so there was one stuck to him when he was inside the shield and then I chucked in a bomb and finally he broke up straight away.

Just be warned anyone thinking of playing this game, the last boss is very glitchy and will have you tearing your hair out. Really ended the game on a very sour note which is a shame because I thought it was okay until that point. Here's hoping that the normal and easy playthroughs won't glitch on me on Fleming, but I read it only seems to affect hard/legion mode.

• 3 weeks later...

Frustrating battle. The most irritating part is that the glitch doesn't seemingly occur until later in the fight, so you've probably sunk close to 10 minutes on Legion Hunter difficulty to get to that point.

Pretty sure I got lucky. Got to round 3, destroyed his green shell, he'd slump over with no yellow crack, shoot and detonate sticky payload, no damage...Basically, I continued to pelt him with shots from the skullcussioner in between all of that and out of the blue, he slumps over after a random skullcussioner shot and has the glowing yellow crack with enough time to finish the job. From reading all of these other responses, it just seems like a positive hiccup from the game more-or-less and not a sure-fire solution for the Fleming glitch. Glitchy-glitchy.

• 5 months later...

Well, this boss is simply one of the hardest in the history of gamings... it's not about glitches. To me it almost worked only once the tactic written in this thread, btw i still am not able to beat him after almost 10 hours of attempts

edit: i finally got plat. I donno if it is a true glitch or something, btw the only way which worked to me was this:

Alright, a lot of ppl. are having problems with this. I spend 2 hours on him before I figured out it was a glitch and you have to glitch to fix this glitch...this worked for me so i hope it works for you.

ok, let me start by saying.. some ppl. may not run into this glitch and just beat him as normal...but not me and a lot of others. The glitch happens when you try to break him up on the 3rd go around. He will be in his protective green shell but after launching a skull bomb at him, his chest does not glow like it supposed to.. its is supposed to glow so that you can hit it with a hot boner bomb and blow him up.

Well, after 2 hours of frustration.. I got fed up and try to just shoot him up close.

Ok, after launching your skull/bomb at him and breaking the green shell thingy... shoot a hot boner bome at him.. do not blow it up.. walk right up to him(literally right beside him) and start shooting his body (avoid the bomb) over and over again. He will get stuck and just stand still.... keep shooting him until his chest lights up (with cracks). The original boner bomb has dissappear. Quickly shoot another one at him and blow it up.

Then of course, use your teether and just lock on to him and finish the job.

This works, you are having problems getting him to freeze.. just die and try again..

This worked for me and was the only way I could get it to work.

good luck!!

I found this searching with google and it was wrote from a guy on xbox360achievements.org . It has been not easy anyway. I swear, this boss battle really proved my nerves... i swear i screamed for the disperation at a certain point.

Edited by MerioMerio

• 3 months later...

Ok I think I'm officially done with this game. I've been fighting this one boss off and on for the past three days. I've restarted the fight and the chapter and I still cant seem to get past this glitchy pos boss fight. I've tried the above tips to no avail either. is there anything else I can try? short of shooting the devs for not fixing this glitchy boss fight, and it's too late now to hope for one. I really don't want to do a whole other legion run just in hopes the boss doesn't glitch again... seriously some help?