What moments really stuck out for ya?

It cannot be denied the humor and slapstick in this game is so naive that its both brilliant and obnoxious at the same time.

What were some of the moments you enjoyed.

3 stand out easily for me:

The baby head key system, god I found that funny every time I unlocked one or approaching one showing what I needed -- just a riot I found :D

The Big Boner cutscene(s) -- nuff said LOL

And the last one is at the very END of the game, but I won't spoil it for those who haven't finished it yet. Those who have, should know what I mean.

Firstly I love this game.Things that are awesome about it:

1 Being able to move and shoot with HUGE weapons ( looking at you RE5)

2 Johnson is the best sidekick EVER, He made me laugh alot !

3 Its the funniest game ever ! Parts of it still make me laugh just thinking about it.

4 The use of fresh ideas ( Goat heads, Baby doors, Chase scenes, Darkness etc )

5 Amazing Ending

6 Loved the bit after the end credits , make sure to watch that !

7 All the Evil Dead / movie references.

8 Much more Adult than your average Horror game.

9 Garcia actually uses the C*** word. Nearly fell off my chair when I heard that !.

10 The weapons are FUN.

Sequel please.

Wish people would stop moaning about the 3 playthroughs needed when a game is this good.

There's plenty of funny moments, for example when Garcia finds a strawberry for the first time "Johnson do I take this strawberry?" or when we battle one crazy demon and Garcia says -" don't bo so down on a guy, maybe his mother forgot to hug him, or he played too many video games" lol.

Also loved reading books, especially that one read by Garcia, because his english is funny :)

The tribute/Parody to Evil dead 2 :D I'm a huge fan of the movie and it was superbly done. Believe it was on chapter 3-1 or 3-2.

The whole chapter was pretty much a tribute to evil dead 2 but the moment in the cabin at the end in particular. If dont know which bit i mean, have put the SOTD tribute below: (note: the guy playing is a bit clueless :rolleyes:)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOOgG_wztgk&feature=player_detailpage]YouTube - ‪Shadows of The Damned - Evil Dead 2 House‬‏[/ame]

Edited by love_handles1987

What moments stood out for me? Let's see...It's got to be repeatedly trying to escape from Paula in narrow passages with those ass controls; or maybe screaming at Fleming, "You asshole, why won't you split in half!?" during the final boss fight - some serious collision issues with my explosive charge just passing right through his body and sticking to the wall behind him; let's see, what else...?

O, o, wait - you meant things that stuck out in a good way, right?:p.

I actually really loved the game, but the controls and collision really are borderline mangled. But the positive is easy to answer: the double ending where, at first, it seems like things are going to actually end with a totally unexpected piece of poignant sadness, only to turn into one of the most hilarious season-in-hell-stay-at-home-dinners I've ever had the pleasure of laughing out loud at; and even more than that: the fairy tale books before each boss fight - bloody priceless, especially the one Garcia reads: epic voice acting, the way he stumbles over certain words:applause:.

On a minor note: I never got tired of watching those goat-heads chewing on a light shot for a few seconds each time I lit one up.

The [one] motorcycle scene with the music in the background while selecting difficulty; it gave me goosebumps every time. I thought I was in for one hell of a game, but my expectations were too high.

Other moments included, but not limited to:

- When Fleming jeered at Garcia's lack of "endowment"

- The hard man and his prolonged barrage of bullets at the foe. It was just plain funny

- The twitchy motion of that NPC when she begins to chase you

- When the final final boss says "...WHYYY?" and "... freedomMmM?!"

Can't forget about the dialogue throughout the game, either. :rolleyes:

Loved the Evil Dead and Ghostbusters and Aliens references.

When Garcia does a double take at the security cam in the elevator and gives Fleming the finger. Don't know why but it made me laugh all 3 times.

I HATED the Big Boner chapter... but LOVED the giant dancing Paula :D and the pole dancers too!

• 2 weeks later...
The tribute/Parody to Evil dead 2 :D I'm a huge fan of the movie and it was superbly done. Believe it was on chapter 3-1 or 3-2.

The whole chapter was pretty much a tribute to evil dead 2 but the moment in the cabin at the end in particular. If dont know which bit i mean, have put the SOTD tribute below: (note: the guy playing is a bit clueless :rolleyes:)

YouTube - ‪Shadows of The Damned - Evil Dead 2 House‬‏

Yeah, the name of the chapter is "As Evil as Dead";). It's also my most favorite chapter because of the Evil Dead homage.

Apart from that I liked the reading of books and the dialogs in the game very much. One of my most favorite scenes is also the one after the credits. Had to laugh so much, there :D.

EDIT: Hm, played trough "As Evil as Dead" another time now and can't say anymore that it's my most favorite chapter. The part with the cabin is excellent but the rest is not that awesome.

Edited by Blunt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

1. storybooks were awesome, i can barely even sit through audio diaries in most games, but i sat there and read the books and looked at the posters... so much creativity here.

2. Garcia flipping of the camera in the elevator. i almost choked on my sandwich when i saw that

3. After the end credits. Makes the platinum worth 3 playthroughs

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I just finished this game yesterday and was reading through this thread and I can't believe that no one has mentioned the Ghost Busters scene. OK, so it wasn't as funny as some of the other things, but still, worth a mention, no?

Another moment was each time you got a Blue Gem Johnson said the same thing (same cut scene). But there was one that was different and he says "OK G, I'm ready for insertion", that made me crack up on all three playthroughs.

Also, the Moor Pu Deckuf part:

Garcia: "What does that mean?"

Johnson: "Must be a joke from the designers"

Garcia: "The who?"

Also Garcia's reference to the Demon's as HellMonkeys was usually pretty funny.

And "I am Garcia Fucking Hotspur..." ahh, great, you just want to kick some ass when he says that.

I haven't seen the Evil Dead's in many, many years, maybe I should check them out again?

Edited by BootrossBear

• 2 weeks later...

Off the top of my head, the first 2 things that sticks out from this game are:

1. A conversation between Hotspur and johnson that goes like this.

Johnson: Oh that looks like a VIP

Garcia: Very Important Pendejo? LOL

2. When Hotspur calls the 'Sushi lamp' Sushi with a dick haha

• 3 weeks later...

I really enjoyed when Garcia read "Stinky Crow". It is the first time that any game has had someone read words incorrectly and stumble over certain words. The stories behind the bosses were great.

Johnson was funny and made the game in my opinion.

The whole Big Boner level was a massive serving of awesome.

"Taste my Big Boner", "Yeeah! You like that!!"

To be honest there have been a few games banned in Australia, I don't know how this got through without being caught up in our red tape.

I also had a good laugh when "stingy bastard" popped up in the top right corner.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Seeing just how just about every funny/stange/cool moment has been mentioned, I'll have to go with seeing the pile of corpses you first find George on. The corpses themselves weren't special in any way, but that's when I really started to actually notice the obscene amounts of gore the game has(Paula's dozen hanging bodies, the rolling heads, the entrails scattered all over). All this on my third playthrough.

Guess the game's humor really carries you through. Would have been interesting to see if it was made as an actual horror game.

• 3 weeks later...