Does this game deserve a sequel? Any thoughts?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell yes! It definitly deserves a sequel. But to be honest, i dont think it will get one :mad: The sales wernt good at all. It didnt even get in the top 10 in the UK :confused: I believe it did similar business in the US and the rest of Eurpoe

That just tells you all you need to know about the current trend in people buying video games. If it isnt a modern shooter, people aren't interested :whistle:

Very frustrating

Edited by love_handles1987

Hell yes! It definitly deserves a sequel. But to be honest, i dont think it will get one :mad: The sales wernt good at all. It didnt even get in the top 10 in the UK :confused: I believe it did similar business in the US and the rest of Eurpoe

That just tells you all you need to know about the current trend in people buying video games. If it isnt a modern shooter, people aren't interested :whistle:

Very frustrating

I couldn't agree more. Shooter games have the biggest amount of fanboys. Anyhoo, I'm game for the sequel if it ever arrives... hopefully. But omg I will go apeshit if they will integrate some form of multiplayer for the game :eek:

Cant believe that it didn't make it into the top 20 in the uk charts, thought it deserved a good position in that chart :( but as you guys have said in this day in age a lot of people have very high expectations in games and dont seem to take unique and fresh franchise releases like this title very seriously and give it a wide birth which is a shame. I also agree that multiplayer mode for this kind of game would damaging to the overall quality of the game, although they could possibly do co-op story mode kinda like they did in resident evil 5 which was a nice touch :)

Your probably not the only one :p the game does have quite a few issues that I'v encountered are things like freezing, graphical glitches and a few voice syncing discrepancies. Although I believe that the game had a lot more high's then lows and I guess it's really up to the consumer to decide whether the game is of quality or not.

Wow I'm the only person so far who thinks otherwise. The game is not bad per se but it sure the hell is not good either. This game is doing what it should be doing right now. Dying a quiet death.

I agree to a certain extent, its far from perfect. It does have a lot of niggling issues but i feel it doesnt distract from the overall enjoyment of the game

At the end of the day, Duke nukem got to number 1 in the charts. Now in my opinion, that game is utter shite! One of the worst games i've played on PS3.

SOTD deserves at least more recognition from the general public than that waste of space. Theres just no justice sometimes lol

The game is funny as hell, it has a great soundtrack but I just can't get over how unresponsive the controls are. It just keeps taking me out of the game when I have to keep pressing a direction over and over again when I try to switch weapons quickly. And sometimes Garcia just decides to start shooting when I hold down the L1 button. Or he refuses to shoot when I'm trying to. And don't get me started on on the crazy camera and the collision detection with Garcia getting caught up in the geometry of the world. Oh yeah this asshole never fucking dashes, I have to hit R1 like 3 times before his dumb-ass starts running. I want to like this game, I just cant. I would skip the sequel.

Edit:

Yeah Handles, DNF was probably the worst game I've played this generation if not ever and its a shame this game didn't sell more than that trash. And I don't even like this game lol.

Edited by M-Easy

The game is funny as hell, it has a great soundtrack but I just can't get over how unresponsive the controls are. It just keeps taking me out of the game when I have to keep pressing a direction over and over again when I try to switch weapons quickly. And sometimes Garcia just decides to start shooting when I hold down the L1 button. Or he refuses to shoot when I'm trying to. And don't get me started on on the crazy camera and the collision detection with Garcia getting caught up in the geometry of the world. Oh yeah this asshole never fucking dashes, I have to hit R1 like 3 times before his dumb-ass starts running. I want to like this game, I just cant. I would skip the sequel.

Edit:

Yeah Handles, DNF was probably the worst game I've played this generation if not ever and its a shame this game didn't sell more than that trash. And I don't even like this game lol.

Yes finally someone that agrees with me! :D Its a truly awful game! One of the worst FPS's i've ever played!

I couldnt believe some of the people on this site defending it and saying how good it is, despite all the deserved bad reviews it was getting. Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion but it does make you wonder about the standards of some people

As for SOTD, i cant agree with you there im afraid. I really liked it, even after my third play through there was still some enjoyment to be had

But i can respect your opinion on SOTD. This is definitely a game that will divide people, unlike DNF which should just be hated by everybody but for some reason isn't :cool:

Just platinumed it and believe me on the 3rd playthrough I was getting beyond bored with it and I was like just end this already.

But despite all that, this game was an absolute blast with some problems absolutely, but the humor, the gameplay, the style it all worked for me. And with the big 3 geniuses at the helm of this game (51/Mikami/Yamaoka), why not make a sequel because this franchise could be one of those dark horses of 2011 people might forget.

In a way I could see being almost the same as Vanquish, Mikami's last game -- so maybe thats his goal, to make games people love that dont sell zillions of copies like a Call of Duty

If this game has a sequal they need to do alot of work on the game because first off theres no such thing as a machine gun that looks like a gernade launcher thanks to Mr. X that was possible in the game >.< and 2 the game has alot of buggy camera movements and it gets tiring to get hit constantly from horrible views of the camera... lets just hope they can think before making next time but all in all decent game.

I was thinking it was like an 8/10 game the whole way through, then after it was over I was like, holy shit! That's how you do a game right there!

I'd have to play it...though they could make the boss attack dodges a TAD less forgiving. Just a smidge.

I don't mind two plays, but a third is always a bit irksome. Especially with unskippable scenes.

Edited by R353ARCH D35TROY

• 2 weeks later...

It seems nowadays that any new original game is always left open for a sequel, even if its a shit game, however imo Shadows is definately deserving of another game. I absolutely loved the humor and like the original poster stated of how the humor is mixed in with the brutality, lovely duo if you ask me. bring on the sequel Suda

Edit: now that i think of it i do have two suggestions for a possible sequel. One amp up the freaking difficulty on the next one, i found myself yawning on hard, let alone easy. 2nd. Who in the world does not make their difficulty trophies stack???

Edited by LMessi10

I don't understand how it went SO unnoticed. I only found it because EB Games is doing a deal where you can rent off of a list of new games for a week for free, as long as you return it within the week (well, full refund. Amazing deal, loving it!), and it was an obscure name I didn't know on the list. Googled it, saw some iffy reviews both ways, but mostly positive, and saw that it wasn't a super long platinum.

Then I started playing and went "Why are there multiple Resident Evil games?". I found that this game was basically a more surreal version of resident evil, but outclassing it in SO many areas (*cough* moving while aiming *cough*). I have to say that I probably won't get the sequel if it comes out, because I only have this one because of the deal, and I certainly wouldn't pay $60 for it, but if the sequel came out at a more reasonable price, or dropped down a bit, I wouldn't hesitate.

This game certainly deserves a sequel, though they will have to class it up a bit, the bathroom humour is only funny one time around. Also, have NOT been having all the issues that others have been talking about. My only issue thus far is that the Trash'em while they're out! trophy glitched, but apparently it works on the second playthrough without issue.

• 3 weeks later...