I only have 3 gripes with this game

1. the chase scenes are stupid and annoying. bad game design decision there.

2. they shouldnt have made 3 side scrolling stages. 1 was funny and a nice break from the game, but 3? on top of that, they wasted a boss battle as a side scroller.

3. this game isnt even remotely challenging. boss battles are really easy. you can dodge anything/anyone just by spamming the roll button.

otherwise i loved this game and was definitely worth picking up.

1. I didn't mind the chase scenes, there were only a couple and they did add to it.

2. Fully agree with the side scrolling, the boss battle in it was plain boring.

3. Agreed as well, even on hard mode the only difficulty i had was more to do with me being a numpty than the game being tricky.

Was a good game, but annoyed i paid £35 for a game that only lasted me 3 days and that was with 4 run throughs to plat it! I am tempted to try a run on "Satanic Hell" difficulty just to see if there's another ending hidden in there.

I thought the chase scenes were pretty good because they added a really tense part to the game. But I do understand why some people would hate it.

My gripes with this game are the many glitches (graphical and sometimes AI) that periodically happened. I got the impression this game was rushed and it wasn't properly bug-checked.

The Bigger Boner level kind of annoyed me too, because it felt like filler to just make the game longer. I felt a bit ripped-off with that.

Edited by Amicta

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the first one was pretty cool due to the Evil Dead homage. But the later ones really were annoying.

2. they shouldnt have made 3 side scrolling stages. 1 was funny and a nice break from the game, but 3? on top of that, they wasted a boss battle as a side scroller.

Full ack. The first time I was like, "Hey cool, those guys are so crazy." Second time I thought, "Oh, that again. Great...." Third time I wanted to shout, "Man, cut the crap already. And why the hell is he flying, anyway?"

3. this game isnt even remotely challenging. boss battles are really easy. you can dodge anything/anyone just by spamming the roll button.

Hm, don't know about that. I'm nearly through with the easy walkthrough. No problems there but I can imagine that some places could be a little bit tough on hard mode. The main problem is that you can't skip those damn videos and that the game does not start at the beginning of a scene if you die but at the last savepoint. Already sucked in the Big Boner game. When you die you don't just start from the beginning of the game but from the last savepoint. So you have to use the phone again, see the damn sequence again and then finally can wait until the first bloody demons appear.

It's a short cinematic but it can become annoying if you have to see it too often. That was not the case in my playthrough so far (I only died twice there) but if you have troubles at a boss fight or something and have to see all that crap again after dying it just sucks.

It's a short cinematic but it can become annoying if you have to see it too often. That was not the case in my playthrough so far (I only died twice there) but if you have troubles at a boss fight or something and have to see all that crap again after dying it just sucks.

I'm laughing at you as I roll my eyes. I'm not flaming but I do have to say that you should give hardcore mode on Dead Space 2 a try. You want to talk about seeing a scene too many times ask anybody that died before their first save and had to watch the openning as you can't skip in that game either. I would rather watch the big boner scene over and over again than the opening of DS2, trust me. I speak on behalf of all those that had to see that openning more than once on HC. Completely demoralizing:rolleyes:

Yeah, maybe that's one of the reasons why I did not play Dead Space 2 on hardcore. We didn't invent savegames for not allowing us to use them. I beat Dead Space 1 on hard difficulty and that was ok. But hardcore mode in Dead Space 2 ist just idiotic and I don't have the time for something like that.

otherwise i loved this game and was definitely worth picking up.

I agree about the chase scenes stuck at one and I'm already sick of it. On top of that too many unfunny attempts at toilet humor have dragged it down further a bit disappointed right now. Also I don't know why maybe it's just me but for some reason by the second chase scene crap the game feels tedious as hell.

Edited by Puppet Master

Yeah, maybe that's one of the reasons why I did not play Dead Space 2 on hardcore. We didn't invent savegames for not allowing us to use them. I beat Dead Space 1 on hard difficulty and that was ok. But hardcore mode in Dead Space 2 ist just idiotic and I don't have the time for something like that.

Man, I'm glad I'm not alone thinking that. I've got no issues with difficult games, but most of my gaming time comes in spans of an hour or less. I can't fit Hard Core into my grown up life. That alone is why DS2 has fallen off the radar so fast. It will never have the stamina of DS1. idiot developers shot their feet.

Exactly:). Most of the time my gaming time also comes in spans of one till two hours. It's more than yours but not enough for hardcore mode in DS2. And if there is a day where I have more time I would not want to invest it into playing DS2 over several hours just for getting a one hit kill somewhere and lose all the progress.

But apart from this DS2 is a really cool game. You should give it a try (you don't have to play on hardcore as far as doesn't getting the platinum is not that a big problem for you).

@topic: I'm through with Legion Hunter mode now and although the cutscenes are mostly funny it's more and more annoying that you have to see them. And chapter 4 sucks extremely in the second run with all those minigame-levels. Good thing with Big Boner and 2D passages is that they doesn't seem to be harder than on Lemon Hunter. But they suck anyway and imho are not a bit funny anymore.

But I can't say that I think it's too easy on Legion Hunter. It's not hard - I only died once - but that's just because you really can dodge anything. But if that weren't possible it would be too hard, I'd say. And who thinks it's too easy can still play on satanic. Whereupon I can't imagine someone really wants to do this after seeing all that cutscenes and stuff three times already. At least not in a row.

Especially because they made someone play the game three times, if one wants to have the platinum, I don't understand why you can't skip the damn cutscenes. Maybe because people then would realize, how extremely short the game actually is. I mean, I beat the game on Legion Hunter in six hours. Most of the time I spent waiting. Waiting for the long cutscenes to end, waiting for the game to load etc. Without all those cutscenes one can probably play through the game in two hours or so.

Don't get me wrong, I really like cutscenes and as I said the ones in the game are all in all really cool, but not three times in a row. If I had another game at the moment I maybe would have put SotD aside and play it sometime later again for the last trophies but since I haven't, I thought that I play all three times in a row. Whereas it's probably better to play at least on easy and hard in a row because it should be easier on hard mode if you still know everything well:).

Edited by Blunt

This I agree and disagree. For one HC wasn't designed to be easy and the reason they did it was because peeps were bitchin' about how easy DS1 was. Now that this mode was implemented everyone is pissed about it. I for one loved it as it gave me a new sense of fear that I better be on my A game and get a ways before making a save.

On the other hand it sux for those that can't find the time to put in a good 2 hour stretch in and then throw the tv out the window when you die just before your planned save. I have a busy life but I was determined not to let this mode intimidate me or beat me. I died a few times deep into session, but I got it done.

On topic though, I havn't touched this game yet and it sux that the difficulty doesn't stack, but I'm sure I will eventually go through it for a shiny (P) and remember these threads and groan through my third playthrough as the cutscenes roll by. :sick:

The cutscenes aren't that long. If you play Legion Hunter first and get the dying over with you'll only need to endure them once in the easier modes. Most of the dying comes figuring out the trick to beating the bosses. Once you get what you need to do it doesn't take a lot of tries.

I played DS2 three times. I'm only missing the Hard Core trophy. Iths not a trophy you can go back and get. You really need to be intimately familiar with the game when you attempt it. Zealot mode would have been hard enough without NG+ upgrades. DS1 was hard enough without DLC suits.

Yeah, I also think that DS1 wasn't that easy on hard mode. It was ok. Not unbeatable but you had to think strategically to make it through.

With DS2 it's probably the same thing. But I only played it on normal. I was so pissed because of hardcore that I didn't even want to play it on "normal" hard mode.

The cutscenes aren't that long. If you play Legion Hunter first and get the dying over with you'll only need to endure them once in the easier modes. Most of the dying comes figuring out the trick to beating the bosses. Once you get what you need to do it doesn't take a lot of tries.

Maybe I'm a bit impatient but I think the cutscenes are very long. And I say that although I almost never died. As I said only one time on hard mode (I knew everything from my first playthrough on easy mode already and had enough alcohol with me, hehe). I died one time at the end of the game. [spoiler=only read when you beat the game]During the last phase of the battle against Paula. First time it took me too long (because of her stupid Twister attacks and that moron enemy that spawned all the time) and then after a while I was covered in darkness and the game was over. On the second try I beat her quite quickly, though.

Edited by Blunt

Yeah, I also think that DS1 wasn't that easy on hard mode. It was ok. Not unbeatable but you had to think strategically to make it through.

With DS2 it's probably the same thing. But I only played it on normal. I was so pissed because of hardcore that I didn't even want to play it on "normal" hard mode.

Maybe I'm a bit impatient but I think the cutscenes are very long. And I say that although I almost never died. As I said only one time on hard mode (I knew everything from my first playthrough on easy mode already and had enough alcohol with me, hehe). I died one time at the end of the game. [spoiler=suck]During the last phase of the battle against Paula. First time it took me too long (because of her stupid Twister attacks and that moron enemy that spawned all the time) and then after a while I was covered in darkness and the game was over. On the second try I beat her quite quickly, though.

Dude your spoiler didn't work, please fix it. You have to give it and ID set it in brackets like this "spoiler=ID" sub the "" for []. The ID can be anything you want, like Kiss My Big Boner!!!

Edited by Kariokebeach

• 1 year later...

1. true chase scenes sucked specially since u just die when catched >__>

(exception: chainsaw wielding boss guy dude xD i found it a nice hide and seek chase right there)

2. true side scrolling cut have been cut out while i was enjoying it in alice madness returns it was dunno just not fitting to this game...

3. true the game is too easy :) rolling is fun since nothing hits u nearly.. never.. except u rolled and got up while someone attacked lol also boss battles were fairly easy hm

overall i still enjoyed playing the game ^^

• 3 months later...

1. the first chase scene was ok, since you basically had to run away only, but the second was anoying due the fact that you need to kill the demons for the door of the cabin to open itself.

2. the side scrolling scenes.... when i got to the first one, i was like "i knew it, suda always does this kind of thing" but the second and third were anoying. it didnt have the pure white giant glanstonbury charm.

3. yeah, most people says it really easy. and to be honest, i kinda agree with this. however, im yet to play in on legion hunter, so we'll see

overall, im having a good time with the game, glad i dont have to hunt for white and red gems anymore.

• 5 weeks later...

1. broken control glitches, instead of aiming with the l1 it'd catch and start shooting wasting bullets, or trying to shoot something only to shoot an invisible wall. or trying to roll and get stuck on something only to get hit because of it.

2. legion boss fights. glitchy as hell and while some are fun when those are broken, the few made me rage and forget any fun I'd with this game.

3. unpatched. after all this time there is no patches to fix the parts they want you to play for trophies. Fleming is still bugged and it's more prayer than skill to beat an easy boss fight.

and just because lol 4. gem farming. they want you to have 80 gems but there's only 35 in the game, if they wanted us to have 80 there should be 80. or else don't make it a trophy. it's annoying and boring to farm or glitch the game in your favor. this is up there with speed runs and online trophies as the dumbest devs put into games. I like collectible trophies if they are actually collitable trophies.

• 1 month later...

1. I didn't mind the chase scenes. The second chase scene added a bit of urgency since you had to juggle killing demons and avoiding your lover. The Evil Dead reference during that section was awesome by the way.

2. I actually enjoyed the 2D side scrolling levels. It was a nice break from the normal gameplay. I also loved the construction paper look and the music and sound effects were done perfectly too.

3. So far I haven't had that much trouble with the game. I am playing on medium though so I reserve my full judgement until I play the game on hard.