Difficulty Trophies Don't Stack? Lame

I suppose to encourage multiple playthroughs? surely it'll have been a decision of the developers rather than an oversight.

Besides it's not a massively long game, I'm almost done with first playthrough and I can definitely see myself playing through the game a couple more times.

I'm going to have to pass on this one. I wanted to play and try to get the platinum, but not 3 times. Too many other good games out. Maybe when the price goes down I will pick it up.

The game is quite short, you can finish it in about 5-6 hours on your second and third playthrough.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't mind multiple playthroughs, but having trophies that are hard to get like the headshots pisses me off, doesn't help with the aiming being shit.

Don't get me wrong it's a good game, but the trophies are spoilling it for me and not having a chapter select.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't really find any issue at all with the difficulty, and I was able to run through them all in around the same time, ~5/6 hours (platinum in about 18). The only real issue I found with being forced to do 3 playthroughs was that I couldn't skip cutscenes. I estimate that per runthrough, around an hour of that 5/6 was just taken up with cutscenes. Being able to skip those would make the game so much faster and much easier to playthrough again.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I agree that the second and third playthroughs are quicker, but the third one is a killer. I think in most cases, games are okay with two playthoughs. But, three???

The worst thing is not being able to skip cutscenes. I'm halfway through my third playthrough and I'm playing with the sound off because it's annoying me so much having to listen to the same dialogue. Also, I'm not particularly enjoying farming white gems. Almost finished though.

• 3 weeks later...
I agree that the second and third playthroughs are quicker, but the third one is a killer. I think in most cases, games are okay with two playthoughs. But, three???

The worst thing is not being able to skip cutscenes. I'm halfway through my third playthrough and I'm playing with the sound off because it's annoying me so much having to listen to the same dialogue. Also, I'm not particularly enjoying farming white gems. Almost finished though.

Agreed. I loved this game, but if 3 playthroughs are forced, have the decency to allow us to skip the cutscenes. Fun story...first time through. 3rd time...just shut up Johnson!

Personally, when a game is really good, I don't mind that the difficulty trophies don't stack. Besides, for every game I play, I always start from the easiest difficulty and work my way up. I also agree with jwren88. I wish I could have just skipped the cutscenes during my second and third playthroughs.

Edited by SpadesOfDarkness