Shadows of the Damned achievements/trophies

The achievements for the upcoming Suda 51/Shinji Mikami collaboration Shadows of the Damned have been released; there are 50 achievements which will, inevitably, become 51 trophies once adjusted for platinum. Here's the list:

Twelve Feet Under Story Progression in Act 5 - Chapter 1 (any difficulty setting)

Different Perspectives Story Progression in Act 5 - Chapter 2 (any difficulty setting)

The Castle of Hassle Story Progression in Act 5 - Chapter 3 (any difficulty setting)

Great Demon World Forest Story Progression in Act 4 - Chapter 4 (any difficulty setting)

Suburban Nightmares Story Progression in Act 4 - Chapter 5 (any difficulty setting)

Justine For All Story Progression in Act 4 - Chapter 6 (any difficulty setting)

Adios George (Beast form) Defeat George Beast Boss

Don't Fear the Reaper Defeat Maras Grim (Sister Grim) Boss

Don't Fear the Reaper 2 Defeat Kauline Grim (Sister Grim) Boss

The Final Chapter Story Progression in Act 5 - Chapter 4 (any difficulty setting)

Til Death Do Us Part Story Progression in Act 5 - Chapter 5 (any difficulty setting)

Adios George (Human form) Defeat George Human Boss

Ghost Hunter Story Progression in Act 4 - Chapter 3 (any difficulty setting)

Cannibal Carnival Story Progression in Act 2 - Chapter 2 (any difficulty setting)

What a Wonderful World Story Progression in Act 2 - Chapter 3 (any difficulty setting)

Riders of the Lost Heart Story Progression in Act 2 - Chapter 4 (any difficulty setting)

You Go To Hell Start a new game for the first time. (any difficulty setting)

An Ordinary Life Story Progression in Act 1 - Chapter 1 (any difficulty setting)

Take Me To Hell Story Progression in Act 2 - Chapter 1 (any difficulty setting)

The Bird's Nest Story Progression in Act 3 - Chapter 4 (any difficulty setting)

The Big Boner Story Progression in Act 4 - Chapter 1 (any difficulty setting)

Great Demon World Village Story Progression in Act 4 - Chapter 2 (any difficulty setting)

It's a Bughunt Story Progression in Act 3 - Chapter 1 (any difficulty setting)

My Dying Concubine Story Progression in Act 3 - Chapter 2 (any difficulty setting)

As Evil As Dead Story Progression in Act 3 - Chapter 3 (any difficulty setting)

Skullblaster Master Defeat 50 enemies with the SKULLBLASTER

Nasty Headache Perform 5 Head Shots in a row with any weapon except Big Boner

The Puppeteer Perform a Head Shot right after a Leg Mutilation when the enemy is flying back in the air

Now That's a Big Fuckin' Gun Defeat 40 enemies with the SKULLFEST 9000

A Hole in your Head Perform 5 headshots in a row with the BIG BONER

Orthodontic Pleasures Defeat 50 enemies with THE DENTIST

Drunk in Public Knock back 3 drinks in a row

Stingy Bastard Save more than 300 White Gems in your inventory

High in Las Vegas Recover all available Red Gems in the game.

Fire in the Hole! Defeat 3 enemies at once using the Barrels of Light

Fiesta Caliente! Defeat 5 enemies at once using the Hot Boner

Trash'em while they're out! Perform all 5 brutal kills on Normal Demons frozen by the Light Shot

The Orthodontist Defeat 30 enemies with the TEETHGRINDER

I Defeated the Last Big Boss! Defeat Fleming Boss

Love Suicide Defeat Paula Boss

Lemon Hunter Complete all chapters on Easy difficulty setting

Annoying Mosquito Defeat Elliot Beast Boss

Don't Fear the Reaper 3 Defeat Giltine Grim (Sister Grim) Boss

Flat Lust Defeat Justine Boss

The Talkative One Defeat 20 enemies with the TEETHER

Meatballs Lover Defeat 30 enemies with the SKULLCUSSIONER

That's So Hot! Defeat 20 enemies with the HOTBONER

Demon Hunter Complete all chapters on Medium difficulty setting

Legion Hunter Complete all chapters on Hard difficulty setting

Blood On The Dance Floor Defeat 10 enemies with the Stomp Attack

Looks pretty easy to me.

Wow, this looks easy... was expecting a little more :(

As usual, I'm somewhat reticent to consider a game's trophy list easy without having played a single second of the game's hardest difficulty...But, yeah, the list looks pretty easy.

And that doesn't really bother me - easy or hard, I just want it to be fun; but I have to say that I'm disappointed with how uncreative the list is - if you swap out the "story progression" trophies for "collect x treasures", you would basically have the list for an Uncharted game. Hopefully the list is as conservative and uninspired as the game gets.

As usual, I'm somewhat reticent to consider a game's trophy list easy without having played a single second of the game's hardest difficulty...But, yeah, the list looks pretty easy.

And that doesn't really bother me - easy or hard, I just want it to be fun; but I have to say that I'm disappointed with how uncreative the list is - if you swap out the "story progression" trophies for "collect x treasures", you would basically have the list for an Uncharted game. Hopefully the list is as conservative and uninspired as the game gets.

Have you really ever come across a game where the "hard" campaign was too much to handle?

Have you really ever come across a game where the "hard" campaign was too much to handle?

A weird thing to say: I mean, there's a hell of a lot of ground between "easy" and "too much to handle".

Two games come to mind:

the first is Quantum Theory: this game is broken beyond all belief; I was about 80% of the way through the story on hard when my ps3 YLOD'd; the game on hard isn't hard, strictly speaking, but it is, as I said, mechanically broken - repeatedly failing a mangled platforming section (which is going to happen) means that you might well have to replay the same 10 minutes of broken gameplay 20-30 times before actually making it through the broken platforming section in question; in a game as awful as Quantum Theory, having to replay the same 10 minutes of the game 20 times is torture enough to make you question the reason for human existence; having lost my save file, there was no way I was going to replay that monstrosity on hard...Was hard too much for me? No, but yes, if you see what I mean;

the second game is Resident Evil 5, which I've actually never completed (on normal difficulty, which is what I started playing it on), because - like Quantum Theory - I find the game so mechanically broken as to be virtually unplayable; unlike Quantum Theory, I simply stopped playing RE 5 in the middle of the last act because I just couldn't take it anymore - anything that unpleasurable is simply not worth pursuing or even completing, as far as I'm concerned.

So, in other words, a game's hard difficulty isn't just a question of a game's hard difficulty; it's also a question of competence, of playability; Shadows of the Damned could very well be awful, could very well be just as mechanically broken as Quantum Theory - we don't know because we haven't played it; and if it is awful, then hard is going to be hard; just like playing Damnation on Insane difficulty is incredibly difficult - not because it's challenging, but because it's so incompetently awful that it's...you know, challenging.

Anyways, there's another reason for me to back away from calling a game I've never played easy (apart from the fact that I've never played it): people are stupid and impressionable and could very well come into a thread like this and see people like us going on about how easy the thing is and then go and buy the game and have it kick their asses and then they want to kick our asses because, you know, we all talked up how easy the thing was going to be.

I have friends that are still angry with me because I told them (when asked) that Dead to Rights: Retribution was one of the easiest platinums I had, and they find the game brutally difficult and can't get anywhere near the platinum - baffling, I know (DtR:R is sooo easy), but - obviously - ease and difficulty don't have a universal standard and are pretty much in the eyes of the beholder. Or the skill-set of the player. Or the thumbs and trigger fingers of the player. Or something like that. Or whatever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like a fun game (Killer7 is one of my favorite games so go figure) and the trophy list doesn't seem difficult, but that's what everyone said before Mirror's Edge came out. I'll reserve my judgment for when this platinum is in my trophy case :D

ease and difficulty don't have a universal standard and are pretty much in the eyes of the beholder. Or the skill-set of the player. Or the thumbs and trigger fingers of the player. Or something like that. Or whatever.

this is very true. i see tons of people brag about how they do things like NUR, NUR+, and PAIN+ runs (the user created masochistic runs) and brag about how they did it on the hardest difficulty without getting hit. I have played some Hard difficulties that were not too hard and others that were frustrating as can be.

One Example Knights Contract It has good controls and beautiful locations BUT it is nothing but FRUSTRATION and it had so much potential.

Castlevania is another one i did not find Hard or Paladin to be very difficult but others found it impossible.

42(B) 5(S) 2(G) 1(P) 1(H) 51 Trophies.

Fleming's Pride (P)

Complete all game's Trophies

You Go To Hell (B)

Start a new game for the first time. (any difficulty setting)

Take Me To Hell (B)

Story Progression in Act 2 - Chapter 1 (any difficulty setting)

Cannibal Carnival (B)

Story Progression in Act 2 - Chapter 2 (any difficulty setting)

What a Wonderful World (B)

Story Progression in Act 2 - Chapter 3 (any difficulty setting)

Riders of the Lost Heart (B)

Story Progression in Act 2 - Chapter 4 (any difficulty setting)

It's a Bughunt (B)

Story Progression in Act 3 - Chapter 1 (any difficulty setting)

My Dying Concubine (B)

Story Progression in Act 3 - Chapter 2 (any difficulty setting)

Great Demon World Village (B)

Story Progression in Act 4 - Chapter 2 (any difficulty setting)

Ghost Hunter (B)

Story Progression in Act 4 - Chapter 3 (any difficulty setting)

Great Demon World Forest (B)

Story Progression in Act 4 - Chapter 4 (any difficulty setting)

Suburban Nightmares (B)

Story Progression in Act 4 - Chapter 5 (any difficulty setting)

Justine For All (B)

Story Progression in Act 4 - Chapter 6 (any difficulty setting)

Twelve Feet Under (B)

Story Progression in Act 5 - Chapter 1 (any difficulty setting)

Different Perspectives (B)

Story Progression in Act 5 - Chapter 2 (any difficulty setting)

The Castle of Hassle (B)

Story Progression in Act 5 - Chapter 3 (any difficulty setting)

The Final Chapter (B)

Story Progression in Act 5 - Chapter 4 (any difficulty setting)

Til Death Do Us Part (S)

Story Progression in Act 5 - Chapter 5 (any difficulty setting)

Adios George (Human form) (B)

Defeat George Human Boss

Adios George (Beast form) (B)

Defeat George Beast Boss

Don't Fear the Reaper 1 (B)

Defeat Maras Grim (Sister Grim) Boss

Don't Fear the Reaper 2 (B)

Defeat Kauline Grim (Sister Grim) Boss

Annoying Mosquito(B)

Defeat Elliot Beast Boss

Don't Fear the Reaper 3 (B)

Defeat Giltine Grim (Sister Grim) Boss

Flat Lust (B)

Defeat Justine Boss

I Defeated the Last Big Boss! (S)

Defeat Fleming Boss

Hidden Trophy (H)

Lemon Hunter (B)

Complete all chapters on Easy difficulty setting

Demon Hunter (S)

Complete all chapters on Medium difficulty setting

Legion Hunter (G)

Complete all chapters on Hard difficulty setting

Blood On The Dance Floor (B)

Defeat 10 enemies with the Stomp Attack

The Talkative One (B)

Defeat 20 enemies with the TEETHER

Meatballs Lover (B)

Defeat 30 enemies with the SKULLCUSSIONER

That's So Hot! (B)

Defeat 20 enemies with the HOTBONER

The Orthodontist (B)

Defeat 30 enemies with the TEETHGRINDER

Now That's a Big Fuckin' Gun (B)

Defeat 40 enemies with the SKULLFEST 9000

A Hole in your Head (S)

Perform 5 headshots in a row with the BIG BONER

Orthodontic Pleasures (B)

Defeat 50 enemies with THE DENTIST

Skullblaster Master (B)

Defeat 50 enemies with the SKULLBLASTER

Nasty Headache (B)

Perform 5 Head Shots in a row with any weapon except Big Boner

The Puppeteer (S)

Perform a Head Shot right after a Leg Mutilation when the enemy is flying back in the air

Fire in the Hole! (B)

Defeat 3 enemies at once using the Barrels of Light

Fiesta Caliente! (B)

Defeat 5 enemies at once using the Hot Boner

Trash'em while they're out! (B)

Perform all 5 brutal kills on Normal Demons frozen by the Light Shot

Drunk in Public (B)

Knock back 3 drinks in a row

Stingy Bastard (B)

Save more than 300 White Gems in your inventory

High in Las Vegas (G)

Objective: Recover all available Red Gems in the game.

Resident Evil 5, which I've actually never completed (on normal difficulty, which is what I started playing it on), because - like Quantum Theory - I find the game so mechanically broken as to be virtually unplayable; unlike Quantum Theory, I simply stopped playing RE 5 in the middle of the last act because I just couldn't take it anymore - anything that unpleasurable is simply not worth pursuing or even completing, as far as I'm concerned.
Are you serious? RE5 is an easy platinum! Aside from the ridiculous Versus trophies & it's MP, I can understand if you said, "Desperate Escape was hard!" Otherwise, this game is not broken, it's just the plot that gets dull. Singularity? Wolfenstein? Now those games are broken but both equally easy on hard. Edited by chel_cee7

Are you serious? RE5 is an easy platinum! Aside from the ridiculous Versus trophies & it's MP, I can understand if you said, "Desperate Escape was hard!" Otherwise, this game is not broken, it's just the plot that gets dull. Singularity? Wolfenstein? Now those games are broken but both equally easy on hard.

I never said RE 5 was a "hard" platinum, I said I found it to be unplayable. I didn't have any problems with the difficulty; I had problems spending hours of my life doing something I found inherently unpleasurable; I don't give a rat's ass about how "easy" a game's platinum is: I'm not going to play through a game I absolutely despise beyond all bounds of human enjoyment multiple times for trophies. And, having said that, I'll point out that I have the platinum for Damnation - that's how much I hated RE 5.

If a game offers that little pleasure the platinum is by definition hard simply because of the masochistic effort it would take to play the game in the first place.

And, of course, I'll just point out that every one has their own opinions about games and their merits and blahblahblah...

RE 5 was a personal example of a game that was "too hard" for me for reasons that had absolutely nothing to do with the actual difficulty of the game - which is the point I was making pertaining to the declaration of a trophy list as being easy before anyone has actually spent one second playing the game in question.