If you have the Platinum, these are pretty much the cheapest, easiest 8 trophies ever

B0SS Zombie

They're all pretty simple. The only one that would be challenging would be to beat it the DLC on Veteran difficulty...unless you have the Hand Cannon lol. For whatever reason, if you beat the game on Hard Core in the normal game prior, you'll find the Hand Cannon ready and rearing in the first shop (about 1 minute from where you start) in the DLC. Using it, I got all 8 trophies in about 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Not to say that this wasn't a good DLC though. I really liked the expansion to the Dead Space story, even if the ending was a little bit sad.

Yeah, I used the Hand Cannon for the Zealot run (but not my initial run on Survivalist; I wanted to experience it the way it was meant to be, with the Pulse Rifle***). It makes it effortless.

***[spoiler=aber]And Goddamit, that last part was especially epic because of the Pulse Rifle. Firing away like a madman as you die with a fully-automatic assault rifle. It felt so badass. :p

Good DLC. I loved the story and atmosphere and the ending was tragic, but it was too short. First run took 2 hours and second (Zealot) took me like 50 minutes.

I think I'll replay it a few times with different weapon combinations to get my money's worth.

Looking forward to the next DLC (there's an empty spot under the New Game Menu). :dance:

I only missed the first trophy because I didn't really look at the list, but the game can be tricky and hard at points on Zealot but you are right over all it isnt that hard as a whole. I don't have the plat or the hand cannon though so I died about 7-10 times in total because the stronger creatures.

With the ending I thought it was pure heartbreaking and made me cry. :(

I did love the game though a easy 10/10.

The Grinder trophy gave me a headache.

The King of the Hill trophy also a pain in the ass because a lot of people dont realize that the quarry to fend off is when you start the coundown to over-ride the lockdown, you need to stay on the square platform during the entire countdown sequence. I thought this was the last fight scene and ended up going through the DLC 3 times just to go on an XBox site and read that where I thought the trophy would pop wasnt even close to the place where you were supposed to get it lol!

The Grinder trophy gave me a headache.

The King of the Hill trophy also a pain in the ass because a lot of people dont realize that the quarry to fend off is when you start the coundown to over-ride the lockdown, you need to stay on the square platform during the entire countdown sequence. I thought this was the last fight scene and ended up going through the DLC 3 times just to go on an XBox site and read that where I thought the trophy would pop wasnt even close to the place where you were supposed to get it lol!

The grinder one was the only one that gave me a problem because I forgot about reading about it and then my second playthrough I tried a ton of things to get it, but the King of the Hill trophy I remembered that title and thought to be safe about it I would make sure to stay on the platform no matter what so I found it easy, minus the fact I almost died twice from twitchers.

The "if you have the platinum" is still a pretty big "if". I don't have the platinum but I thought I'd try this DLC on Zealot right away anyway. And needless to say, not having played the main game on Zealot yet, I was not prepared for what hit me.

I couldn't even get past the point where you "defend" the platform while the security doors open... and ended up restarting on Normal. The fact that you cannot really get a lot of weapon or rig upgrades in this short DLC doesn't help a clean Zealot run, either. Guess I'll hold off on the Zealot trophy until I'm done with the main game. ;)

am i the only one that thinks having a hidden, missable trophy is retarded?

i bought the dlc the night it came out (before a guide was made), looked at the trophy list, got all the non-hidden ones and finished the story, but i had one trophy missing... so dumb! they basically required me to look online at the hidden trophies to figure out what i needed to do.

obviously you can get any info on a trophy you want online, but if you want to just play without looking online for a faq or guide, you are screwed unless you just happen to take down the gunship in 30 seconds.

and honestly, "Severed: Take out the gunship within 30 seconds" isnt that much of a spoiler, so they cant hide behind that crap

it wasnt much of a hassle to do all this (all told, 2 hours turned into 2 hours and 5 minutes), its just it lessens the experience for me and seems to be against logic.

• 2 weeks later...
am i the only one that thinks having a hidden, missable trophy is retarded?

i bought the dlc the night it came out (before a guide was made), looked at the trophy list, got all the non-hidden ones and finished the story, but i had one trophy missing... so dumb! they basically required me to look online at the hidden trophies to figure out what i needed to do.

obviously you can get any info on a trophy you want online, but if you want to just play without looking online for a faq or guide, you are screwed unless you just happen to take down the gunship in 30 seconds.

and honestly, "Severed: Take out the gunship within 30 seconds" isnt that much of a spoiler, so they cant hide behind that crap

it wasnt much of a hassle to do all this (all told, 2 hours turned into 2 hours and 5 minutes), its just it lessens the experience for me and seems to be against logic.

Well, it is story-related: if they told you that you'd be fighting a gunship, then that part of the story would be spoiled for you. The Elevator Action trophy in the main game was a Hidden Trophy as well for the same reason: no need to spoil part of the story in the trophy list.

I see what you're saying, but not everyone tries to get every trophy in one "clean run" or whatever -- you get 'em when you earn 'em.

The easiest dlc ever! xD

You're spot on with that! I finally found the time to plow through this DLC pack and, even though I was worried about playing it on Zealot the first time through, it was a piece of cake. The only section that gave me moderate trouble was the first room while trying to get the "Grind House" trophy (finally had to lure the first two "normal" Necros in the room over to the grinder, stasis them and then PUSH them - yes PUSH THEM - into the grinder. LOL).

I will say that there is a part where one of those Pregnants was waiting in ambush just behind a door that about made me poopie my diapeie (not as bad as the FREAKING ALARM CLOCK in the main game!!). I'll admit to being scared by that guy. :scared:

The only section that gave me moderate trouble was the first room while trying to get the "Grind House" trophy (finally had to lure the first two "normal" Necros in the room over to the grinder, stasis them and then PUSH them - yes PUSH THEM - into the grinder. LOL).

I will say that there is a part where one of those Pregnants was waiting in ambush just behind a door that about made me poopie my diapeie (not as bad as the FREAKING ALARM CLOCK in the main game!!). I'll admit to being scared by that guy. :scared:

Yeah the grindhouse part was a mess, those little bastards liquefy with a single shot! I had to lure the first 2 "normal" necros too. Then R1 and I've ended being sucked in the grinder too. Then the trophy popped up, what a way to get a trophy... It'd be better to call it "suicide yourself in the grinder with a necro"! :p

That clock is the real boss of this game! xD

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Heh you guys weren't kidding. When I booted the DLC up last night and made it to the the first store, I was like "Wtf? What's the Handcannon doing here?". I didn't use it though, since there really wasn't a need to. The two Rifles that Weller has is more then sufficient.