Severed Trailer

Charleycaster

Why did they have to bring back the most annoying enemy from the 1st game :mad:!

I'm surprised it wasn't in DS2's main storyline. I mean FFS, EVERY other DS1 enemy returned for the sequel (except for bosses).

Edit: Why is the Gov shooting at one of it's troopers? :|

Edited by AlejandroM

That's a shit ratio, IMO.

2 hours of gameplay should be 2 dollars.

This is really overpriced, but at least it's less than I expected ($9.99).

$1 per hour of gameplay? That seems like pretty steep standards you have there. I wish retail game releases followed that guideline. Brand new $60 games usually have 5-15 hour single player campaigns in them. I will gladly pay $7 for a couple more hours in Dead Space, and I'm sure I will replay it repeatedly just as I have for each of the Dead Space games.

forgive me if this doesnt look right im fairly new to this, but to reply to your comment people pay around 9 bucks for a movie ticket which is oh around an hour and a half dead space 2 is 60 bucks and i played it going on 3 playthoughs which i believe is around 30 or so hours and i believe it is well worth my money but according to your math is 2 dollers and hour double what u think is acceptable just wondering what in this world is a good ratio? watching paint dry for free, because there isnt much a dollar an hour can get you for any type of entertainment.

$1 per hour of gameplay? That seems like pretty steep standards you have there. I wish retail game releases followed that guideline. Brand new $60 games usually have 5-15 hour single player campaigns in them. I will gladly pay $7 for a couple more hours in Dead Space, and I'm sure I will replay it repeatedly just as I have for each of the Dead Space games.

Which is the point if you want to get your money's worth. So far, I've gotten ~60 hours out of DS2 because of four playthroughs, not to mention free copies of DS Extraction and Ignition. That is definitely worth $60. And I'm still planning on running through the game at least one more time.

forgive me if this doesnt look right im fairly new to this, but to reply to your comment people pay around 9 bucks for a movie ticket which is oh around an hour and a half dead space 2 is 60 bucks and i played it going on 3 playthoughs which i believe is around 30 or so hours and i believe it is well worth my money but according to your math is 2 dollers and hour double what u think is acceptable just wondering what in this world is a good ratio? watching paint dry for free, because there isnt much a dollar an hour can get you for any type of entertainment.

Look, we all have different standards. I was just sharing my opinion and I respect your disagreeing.

Movies are different though. 2 hours of great fun with a group of friends + 2 hours of quality cinema... I would gladly pay $10 for. The hour per dollar thing, I keep in mind for games/downloads that seem overpriced. For example, if I were to buy a PSN game for $14.99 and spend 5-6 hours with it before I get bored, I'd feel like I just wasted money. Wouldn't you?

When I said this DLC was overpriced, I wasn't taking into account multiple playthroughs so I'll take my comment back. But if the DLC has zero replay value (I doubt it) for whatever reason, I stand correct.

Edited by AlejandroM

I completely agree and will also likely replay this a couple times on release. Especially since this is EA we're talking about and they could charge $15 and get away with it easily. Just look at the price of Map Packs these days, they're through the roof and mostly just re-makes of older maps *cough* CoD *cough*.

Edited by BFenris

a little off topic, but relating to my last comment about playtime vs. cost, there is no worse culprit of a poor ratio than Star Wars Force Unleashed 2. That was as short as a COD game with no multiplayer and a boring nonreplayable campaign. $6.99 for a couple more hours in Dead Space beats $60 for 5 hours of a crappy version of the Star Wars universe. Unfortunately I paid it. But sold it after getting a plat the second day of owning it.

I will but I don't know about next Tuesday. I think I should finish Extraction before starting Severed.

you don't need to but it's good for us backstory people. I know I loved Extraction when I had it on Wii and it answered tiny questions i had about DS and the area for DS2 a year ago.

I agree. 2.99 is what I think it should be.

I never bought any COD pack because of how much of a rip off it was. 14.99 for crap maps... not worth it.