Worth the money?

CoolDust

How long would a playthrough on Zealot take? (I have the handcannon but i dont plan on using it as it will ruin the experience.) The guide says 1-3 hours for 100% but i dont want to pay £8 (Around that i cant remember the actual price.) for something thats 1 hour long. 3 hours is more reasonable but 1 hour is just too short for me.

I will probably end up buying it when the PSN is back up since im in a big Dead Space mood right now! :)

It took me roughly 3 hours on Zealot the 1st time around as it's really not that hard.

I'm in the process of doing it again on Zealot only this time with the Hand Cannon and It's taken me less than 1hr to get to the 2nd and final chapter.

Edited by Terminator
Rephrased.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yes there are 'new-old weapons' but i hoped for new-new weapons;) and for logs... after playing extraction i was really interested what the hell was going on with this two... and there are no answers:( no... no... nothing;)

• 3 weeks later...
I'm waiting for a sale price before I buy this. Hopefully it won't be too much longer...

Don't get your hopes up, this is EA we're talking about after all, usually they only put stuff on sale once the masses have already got it.

It's really only a dollar more then the usual DLC contents. For something so short, I sure had fun with this.

But like Terminator said, don't get your hopes up in terms of a sale for something lke this. Maybe its just me, but I hardly see EA doing sales if at all in the PSN Store.

It's really only a dollar more then the usual DLC contents. For something so short, I sure had fun with this.

But like Terminator said, don't get your hopes up in terms of a sale for something lke this. Maybe its just me, but I hardly see EA doing sales if at all in the PSN Store.

didnt they just do a huge sell on alot of their need for speed stuff. i remember it cause i got it at full price and was kinda miffed.

• 3 weeks later...

To anyone pondering whether this is worth it keep 2 things in mind:

How big of a Dead Space Fan am I?

How important is getting my completion rate up to me?

To me it was well worth the $7. Although it is short at 1.5 hours (first play-through on Normal, Zealot may be 2.5 - 3) it is a fun little distraction and has alot of easily attainable trophies.

• 1 month later...

Wasn't worth it for me, took me 50minutes to complete it and have all the trophies. Wasn't hard on zealot, insanely short and it didn't really add much to the story.

If it had been about 2hours worth of gameplay then it'd have been worth it, but it's 30minutes-1hour max gameplay.

Think I'll leave this till I see a price cut I'm keeping D.S 2 anyway but I ain't willing to pay that much for this if it's only 2-3hrs long depending on how you play it.

Good news, there was a price cut! It went up last week in the Halloween sale for £3.99 or £2.49 if your a plus member. It was just what i was waiting on, i snapped it up straight away. Yet to playthrough it though.

Edited by CoolDust

• 4 weeks later...

The Severed add-on was way too short, and the story was taken place in maps mostly drawn from the main-game. The only climax/excitement was the ending, which I liked.

You wont see any new enemies, but the spawn points are quite different from the main game, as the enemies tend to spawn all over the place simultaneously, giving you a handful and a lot of excitement than in the main game. And the enemies tend to be more active jumping onto you, so overall, the Severed add-on is short but it brought out the best part of the game, and the horror feeling in Dead Space2.

• 2 weeks later...

It was indeed too short, but good fun. Thinking of which I rather spend a few bucks getting this DLC then spending ALLOT of money on a game which give you short gameplay like Terminator salvation or transformers dark of the moon ... spending 55 euros om Terminator to find out I platted it in 3-4 hours and the game itself wasnt worth that money :-S